“Beautiful hotel in the heart of Boston”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a shopping bus tour package. Likely could not have afforded to stay here otherwise. Very luxurious room with a fantastic view. Loved the wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows in the room. Beds were incredibly comfortable.
The only concern I had was that when we arrived there was a half empty bottle of spring water left in behind in our room on the table. Not sure if it belonged to the cleaning staff or a previous guest. Either way it shouldn't have been there because it meant someone wasn't doing their job. Also we weren't left enough bath towels on the second day (and there were only two of us in the room).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear SandySue123,

Thank you for your review. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly do have the most comfortable beds. I’m glad you enjoyed the amazing view from your guest room. I do apologize for the discovery in your room upon arrival, that’s certainly not in line with the standards we have in place and corrective action has already been taken. Thank you for the oppurtunity to address this. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I attended a conference at Boston Convenetion and Exhibition Center. Fortunately we had shuttles to BCEC but the Prudentail T- stop is right outside the hotel front door. You could not have a better location for shopping, sight-seeing, and eating. I was most impressed by the courteous and accommodating nature of all of the staff, including those at the restaurant. The room was spacious and comfortable and I enjoyed the k-cup coffee maker every morning before venturing out into the chilly weather. Fortunately I did not need the room internet (I had my own MIFi) and only used the tiny business center to print my boarding pass. These two items kept me from giving the property the highest rating. Overall I enjoyed my 5 night stay and would recommend it to others.

Dear DAA6302

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the compliments regarding our staff, we’re fortunate to have a strong team whose focus is on our guests at all times. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I brought my Niece here for a special birthday getaway. Our room was great and the staff very friendly/helpful. Our only issue was the staff had offered to have something send up for her birthday but instead of that we received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries meant for someone else's anniversary. The set up included a card for the happy couple. We called down to the desk and let them know of the error...they came and took away the mistaken items but never did acknowledge her 16th birthday on our end. Which didn't distract from our trip or our enjoyment of the weekend but was disappointing. Over all a great trip...comfortable modern room in a good locale near the Prudential Center, Newbury street and right by a MBTA stop for easy access to the city. We would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachael611

Dear Rachael611,

Thank you for your review. I’m happy you and your Niece enjoyed your stay at the Colonnade Hotel. However, I am deeply sorry to hear that we missed the opportunity to surprise your Niece and make her stay even more memorable. I can assure you that consistency in service is very important to us. I appreciate your comments and I will use this as a learning experience for our team here at the Colonnade Hotel.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

attended convention here, although away from Boston's convention and exhibition center (not easily walkable) this hotel is close to restaurants, shopping and a 24 hour grocery (Shaws); it is at a greenline T-stop (Prudential) so convenient access to government center/Fanueil Hall area. Friendly staff. Only had b-fast at restaurant but it was tasty; left coffee pots at the table. Room nicely appointed; equipped with k-cup coffee maker and barware including wine glasses and cork screw (grocery sells wine). Hotel charges $14 a day for in room Internet access which is ridiculous (low end hotels offer it for free). Business center small; charges for use, even basic computer use.

Room Tip: 10th floor front facing has nice view

Dear Amdtraveler ,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our location and everything was perfect in your guest room! We have plenty of free internet options for our guests to take advantage of. Please reach out to me directly to have your profile updated for any future reservations.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Colonnade during my trip to the APHA annual meeting. This was a wonderful hotel in the Back Bay area of Boston The room had floor to ceiling windows that looked out over the city. Beds were very comfortable and staff were extremely accomodating. I received free wireless just for signing up for their rewards program (which was free). From the doorman, to the bellman, to the desk staff and housekeeping -- everyone was great. My colleague had dinner in the restaurant and said it was excellent too. I would definitely stay in this hotel should I ever have opportunity to visit Boston again. The location wasn't great for our meeting because the meeting was at the convention center -- (but that was true for all the back bay hotels and I knew that when I made my reservations)- but it was great for all other things that anyone would want to do in Boston.

Dear colbysmom,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff! We truly believe that we have the best location in Boston. I’m glad you were able to enjoy this part of town during your time in our city. Please come back and see us when you have the opportunity to visit Boston again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Staff of The Colonnade Hotel is very well trained in providing customer satisfaction with a smile. You will feel like you are an extended Family Member of every member of this team. Fantastic Service is provided by each staff member. Enjoy your stay, we definitely did and will return many more times.

Room Tip: All The Rooms are Equal from the 8th Floor up.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank emerybarbj

Dear emerybarbj,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff, our team makes every effort to go above and beyond in any way possible. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We only stayed two nights but loved Boston and this hotel. Clean and comfortable. JO brasserire excellent as was the good old Cheesecake factory opposite. We arrived by chance to be in town the day the Red Socks clinched the World Series and boy did you know it! Next day the winners T shirts were everywhere. You couldnt escape the frenzy. Good for them.
This hotel is in a great location for Fenway Park, we walked there to soak up the atmosphere. You can also walk to Back Bay station which is where we arrived from. The Tour starts outside too. All good! Try Thorntons along the road. Big breakfast at good prices. Two great shopping malls ( one verey upmarket) 2 mins walk. The Pru tower and Mary Baker church well worth vist and yes they are both literally across the road. Great hotel! BOSTON STRONG!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diamondgeeezer

Dear diamondgeeezer,

Boston Strong indeed! Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I’m delighted you were with us during such a historic and exciting time! Thank you for visiting our beautiful city and staying with us at the Colonnade Hotel! Go Sox!