“Overall Great Experience”

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Overall Great Experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everyone at the Hotel Colonnade made us feel welcomed and were very courteous. If there is one thing I would change I would rather pay a little more and have the parking included in my bill.
Hilary the Dorman went above and beyond with is interaction with us he truly is an asset to your Hotel. Thank You for making our stay such a delight.
Manny & Cindy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
keflavik
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a great hotel and amazing rooftop pool want to know where I can buy those pillows
very friendly staff and the doorman Norman at the front door greeting us with smile
rooftop pool is like being in Miami relaxing and clean

Room Tip: the rooms are great what about those pillows and the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great hotel with a T stop right outside the door. Rooms were huge, clean and beds comfortable. Roof top pool looked great although we didn't use it. Good location for sightseeing, 10-15 min walk to Copley Square. Great breakfast place on the next block 'Thorntons'. Huge menu with loads of choice get there early to beat the queue.

Bermuda
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose the Colonnade because of its location, which actually worked out great. It is directly opposite the Prudential Centre (which you can get to underground) so if the weather is really terrible you can find restaurants and shops without ever really leaving the area. There is also a very handy supermarket as well as a T-stop just outside. The room was nice and big and clean, although the selection of TV channels was not the best!!! Sadly the pool was closed when we were there. We also visited the Brasserie - which is definitely worth a trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank soundofmusicfan
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Usually stay at the Westin or Marriott in Copley when visiting Boston but rates for those two properties during a recent stay forced me to look elsewhere and we ended up at the Colonnade. Despite the mid-70's architecture they've done a nice job keeping this place current and fresh on the inside. Lobby was sophisticated and fresh. Rooms are well decorated and comfortable. The beds here are excellent, among the best hotel beds I have experienced and the linens are crisp. Bathrooms are small and only provide enough space for one person to get ready. Our room was a bit warm despite setting the thermostat on 65 it never dropped below 69. All parking here is self park which I actually prefer but one night they were having an event and were offering valet to those attending and the garage was packed. My biggest concern is that I was given a room key and was not asked for ID or name, just room number. I was given a key after a long conversation about how the parking worked but it was still a bit disconcerting. When I was handed the key and mentioned that I was concerned about the security issue another desk attendant said it was their policy to ID guests and I then offered my ID but I could have just walked away. This was really the only service miss the entire stay and was probably a one time oversight by the agent. The outdoor roof top pool isn't huge but is very nice and the service up there excellent. I would stay again and likely will.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ketelup4olives
New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days during a conference, and was disappointed based on what I had read in other reviews. My room was quite dark and not particularly appealing. My big problem was that the water in the shower was scalding hot, no possibility of taking a shower without being seriously burned. I reported this at the desk on my way out. When I returned that night, I briefly turned the shower water on and it was cool, so I made the mistake of assuming it had been fixed, when in reality it was just the initial water in the pipes that was at room temp. The next morning, same story. At the desk they told me that it had been looked into and the controls were a little tricky but it was really OK. I stay in hotels about 50 nights a year and haven’t yet come across one I could not figure out how to use; I had worked on it for about 15 minutes, so I’m skeptical. Anyway, WHY WAS I NOT LEFT SOME SORT OF MESSAGE TO THAT EFFECT. So, 2 days, no decent shower. Also, I wanted to print out 1 sheet of notes for my meeting, but was told that it would cost about $7 at the business center, mostly because of a “workstation fee”, so on principle I refused. A hotel employee blamed this on “the vendor”, but to me this just means that the hotel has not made a decision to give guests a decent option in this regard – in most hotels I stay in this would be free. I would not be looking to return here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank pajo1
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary with a weekend stay at the Colonnade. The entire staff was friendly and attentive from the beginning to the end of our stay. The guest room was clean and pleasant and the roof top pool was very relaxing. The food and service were outstanding - great weekend!

1 Thank SedonaRose