“fantastic staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Boston
northern ireland
“fantastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

i have only fantastic things to say about the colonnade hotel from the bedrooms to the staff,when we had a mix up with our flight times the the staff sprung into action to help make our flight,special things to Norman ,in my panic to make our flight i forgot to say thank you to him.I feel a special mention should go to housekeeping staff how arn t often seen due to us being out sightseeing all day,we always came back to a spotless room,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank benji55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sedlescombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. Big spacious rooms which are clean and well maintained. Large comfortable beds. Friendly and helpful staff. Coffee making facilities in rooms (Not always so in USA!). It also has an excellent restaurant and bar. As an added bonus the subway entrance is right by the hotel entrance.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a luxury hotel in Boston.

1 Thank david_coupee
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked our trip on May 23 - 26. Our stay started early morning May 24, 1:30 am. Our Front desk personnel was accommodating and nice compared to what we've been through for 2 days of delayed flights because of thunder storm around are area. After that initial impression, everything else about the Hotel is about average.

Our bath tube had mushy bottom. I almost feel several times because it wasn't stable to hold my weight.

The carpet next to the hidden AC was moist. It seemed that the AC isn't draining correctly. The room had a musky and moldy smell to it.

I wanted to order room service but we did not have a room menu. I asked for the menu but it was never delivered. I called front desk again and asked for it and the reason given for the menu for not being delivered was that the Bell Person was distracted by another Hotel customer. Then when the Bell Man delivered the menu I was given a dirty look and I did not get any apologies.

The day we left Colonnade, I asked for a wake up call for 6am. I got a call at 6:27; I called for a cabby for a ride to the airport so that I won't have to wait, when I told the bell man what I have done, he was really rude and lectured me about cabbies are always waiting outside the Hotel and then he went on how we should do or not do. It was early 7am, I didn't want to argue back. My experience from Colonnade hotel Boston was not pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Unsatisfied43
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is superb.
Super friendly,rooms perfect,beds are most comfortable I have ever slept in
I can't fault this hotel at all.
Food is first class,brasserie Jo next door(part of hotel) food is great they also supply room service so can't complain again
Check in and out first class.
You will start to think I actually work for this hotel they way I'm being positive but I don't,
I come from Scotland but after trip to boston I would move there.
And stay in colonnade until I found a house lol
Seriously we had a look in other hotel whilst on our stay and I couldn't think of any reason why we would have picked anywhere else.
Full 5 star review.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front facing the prudential centre this will give you views of street. Rooms...
2 Thank Gibby_nikki
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Lovely hotel, very helpful staff. Large clean room, great location in the Back Bay, didn't eat in restaurant went down the road to Thornbury for breakfast. Concierge was a great help. Visit Newbury street for really cool shops.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here for only one night, and I really enjoyed the experience overall. Smaller, almost boutique hotel. Room was really well appointed with a beautiful King bed with an overabundance of pillows. Very comfortable. Also a tv, table and chairs, and a really large window looking over the street below.

Two complaints...the first was that the drain in the tub didn't work very well. But the bathroom itself was really nice, marble. The other, they screwed up my breakfast room service order. I had written on my door menu, but they skipped the coffee..the most important part.

The lobby is really nothing to speak of, there is a French bistro sorta place attached that I'm assuming acts as the bar. The area is very convenient...shops and other restaurants around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan D
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The combined package which included parking, internet, and breakfast was well worth the price and advantage. The location in Boston was close to many activities, the T was easy to move about sans parking, and breakfast at "The Jo" was wonderful. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family