“Great stay for a 3 day conference at the Hines”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I signed up for a conference late and ended up here as an overflow situation (instead of the preferred Conf Hotels) and was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and more spacious than the closer more recognizable hotel name. The staff was extremely courteous and very helpful whenever needed. The beds were very comfortable and the table/chairs were great. Mini bar, tv, wi-fi and internet were all good. Another pleasant surprise were windows that could open! Room service was great bar/rest staff very friendly and checkout was a snap. I woul definitely stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

There are newer reviews for Colonnade Hotel

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Saturday was my first visit to the Colonnade Hotel. Right at my arrival a Security Officer named Samory Spinola showed me how caring the Colonnade is. He helped me with my bags while still holding great conversation; making me feel very welcomed and safe.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Mbdaveiga
Reviewed May 1, 2013

On our recent trip to Boston, my wife and I could not have been happier with our stay at the Colonnade. Check in and check out was a breeze. Our room was clean, bright, and we had a wonderful view of the city.. I recommend getting a higher floor if possible. The staff was always eager to help. Room service and the Mini bar were actually not as absurdly over priced as you would normally think.. in fact a beer from the mini bar was only about $6, way cheaper than Fenway Park or some of the other bars we went to.

For me though, the best part of the Colonnade is the location. You can walk to so many restaurants (Thornton's is a must for breakfast and its a block away), Copley Square, Fenway Park is a 15-20 minute walk, the Prudential Center with all the shopping you could want is across the street, and many other attractions are a 5 minute ride on the T (we went to Faneuil Hall and the Sam Adams brewery this way). Really nice spot.

The only con I can really think of is that they do charge for Wifi access. Being that this was our first time in Boston, and we had to do a lot of looking up directions, menus, etc, would've been nice to have wifi for this and for our $300/night hotel to not nickel and dime us in that way. But I don't feel this was worth taking off a star for our otherwise lovely stay.

Also, the parking in the adjacent garage is $42/night, so be prepared for that!

Overall I would definitely recommend staying at the Colonnade if you want to see all that Boston has to offer, and you should! The area lost so much money from the Marathon bombings, they need visitors now more than ever.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We always stay at the Colonade when visiting Boston. The staff couldn't be nicer and its location is perfect for us. We have been staying at the Colonade since 2000 when our son attended Northeastern. They now live in Brighton, about 15 minutes away, but we still stay at the Colonade becasue of its location.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in have been great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having recently stayed at The Colonnade Hotel I can not speak highly enough of friendly staff and the overall impression of the hotel. We arrived in Boston the day after the Marathon Bombings, so we were a little apprehensive of our this wonderful City would be at this time. On arriving at the hotel we were given a very warm welcome by Justin on reception and upgraded to a King Room. The room itself was very spacious and light, with a lovely bathroom. We then went out for the evening and on our return found a bottle of Champers had been left in our room, as we staying in Boston to celebrate my husbands Birthday. It was such a very kind touch to our stay here. The Hotel is in a wonderful position for exploring the city and the staff very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EpsomShaza
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My room was very clean, updated and everything worked except the alarm clock. Nice sitting area/desk and neat lamps. Large, openable windows flooded the room with light and fresh air. Nicely appointed bathroom with excellent water pressure. Charge for wi-fi was a bummer.

I honestly have never ordered room service in my life until here. Because of my work schedule I was getting home quite late and too wiped to go out anyway. Menu was quite reasonable price-wise, food very tasty/fresh/lg portions/warm and service was quick. Thank you! (Great restaurant connected to the hotel I was told.)

Lg mall across street with better than usual food court and grocery store one block up.

Room Tip: Would suspect rooms on street side may be a bit noisier but area very quiet at night overall
1  Thank NewHavenTraveller
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our group was visiting the US from Australia, visting schools. Boston was our last stop and a very special one.

Our travel agent had booked The Colonnade for us and we are so glad she did. The staff went out of their way to ensure our visit was comfortable and went to extra lengths on the day we could not complete our schedule due to being in lock down for the entire day. The Chef Concierge, Jerry, was exceptional in every way.

The rooms were comfortable, great food and great staff who really know about serving clients.