“Priceline $50 night--good deal for decent hotel in lame location”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Ranked #58 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Newport Beach, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,195 helpful votes
“Priceline $50 night--good deal for decent hotel in lame location”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I had business in/around Boston in December 2010 and was also visiting friends in Milton, so I used priceline.com to bid for a hotel in the South Boston vicinity--and got the Doubletree Club Boston Bayside for a mere $50 for my one night. All in all, it was a decent Doubeltree in a not great location in Boston, generally, but it worked great for me. Especially for just $50 a night.

The hotel is definitely not on the beaten path if you are doing any tourist activities or business in central Boston. It is about 10-15 minutes south of the Boston Airport, so it's convenient to reach from there if that's a priority. But there's not much nearby--it feels like a relatively isolated business park area, really.

The hotel is a solid Doubeltree. My room was nice and average size. The bed was fine--Sheraton and Westin have better beds, in my opinion. The TV was a regular boob tube as opposed to the flat screen. Bathroom fair. All in all, a reasonably average business hotel...and a nice deal for $50.

If I were traveling for fun, I'd never stay here unless there was a fantastic deal and I was only meeting friends/seeing things south of Boston.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Free shuttle service from/to airport (you do need to call ahead for them to pick you up @ Logan & sign up for the shuttle service back to the airport). 2 blocks or so away from T stop. Grocery store within walking distance. Although there are no restaurants close by, the front desk had a large selection of take-out menus. Staff was friendly & helpful. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We stayed here when UFC was in Boston and paid the room through bookit prior to our arrival. When I checked in the clerk asked for my debit/credit card and then proceeded to "accidently" charge me 3 nights after he had seen the room was already paid. He stated the charges would immediately be returned to my card. WRONG. It was not until the next week and after calls to the manager that I got my money back. And during my stay, things were stolen from my room. I vowed to never stay here again. So why am I writing now 3 months later? I have not traveled since September and this morning I look at my bank acct and this hotel has taken $386+ out of my account. I have tried to contact the manager, accounting.. anyone to help me for the past 5hrs and no one is there. I have even called the corporate office. SO, needless to say, I will never use another Doubletree/Hilton period, not just this one. Especially since I know it is that easy to use my card without my permission months later. My bank has advised me to cancel my card as soon as my money is returned and I will definately do so just to make sure they never charge me again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holly75104
NJ
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Pros: Since I was giving at talk at UMass Boston the next day you couldn't beat the location. Very comfy bed. Good temp and light control.

Cons: odd parking situation (some "free" spots out front, lot out back with tickets and gate that didn't exactly work but you buzzed and they let you out). And I'm not usually that picky but mold on tub and cracked sink in a hotel at this level surprised me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Athens, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This hotel has proximity to downtown via the T going for it along with much lower rates than downtown but it's best described as Doubletree minus. The property is getting run down with a slightly beat up look in the halls. Rooms are ok but toilet was cranky and the shower may be the lowest flow head I've ever encountered. Food is limited to a sandwhich shop that doesnt properly refrigerate milk. Internet connection was good but is an extra charge if you arent gold level or higher in the Hilton hhonnors.
Overall it's ok OK - I'd stay again due to price and location but its hard to recommend since it doesn't live up to the brand.

• Stayed December 2010
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Great Shuttle service to the airport, close to JFK/UMASS T Stop. Rooms are big and clean, everything works, generally good value. Internet access is not free apart from in the lobby, but if you leave laptop on after you have connected, it does stay connected in your room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 14, 2010

the hotel has, as most doubletree hotels, no charm at all - but the rooms are clean and comfortable. there's a coffee machine, some good cosmetic products, and great not-too-soft beds. but be warned about the LOCATION! there are three (!!!) mount vernon streets in boston, and google maps is most likely showing you the downtown mount vernon street - and so was our gps! the "doubletree club boston bayside" is NOT in downtown, but in a quite ugly suburban setting, no cafes or shops around, and very deserted at night. boston is a city that needs to be witnessed from inside, so i'd recommend everyone to look for a downtown hotel.

by the way, be warned: the wireless in the rooms comes with an additional cost, so does the hotel parking!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple