When in Boston my wife and I usually stay on the outskirts of Boston to get a cheaper rate. Our only necessity is that we are close to a T stop. Lately we have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Boston Street. It is close to the Andrew stop on the red line. We have been happy there. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor. So, for the purpose of this review, I will draw comparisons between the Double tree and the HIE. When we fly into Boston we head straight for the T machine in B terminal. We get our 7 day link passes which are a bargain at 15 dollars. We take the silver line to South Station. From there we took the red line to the JFK UMASS stop. It is the next stop after Andrew. The hotel is a very short walk from the T stop. It is closer to the T stop than the HIE is from the Andrew stop. The hotel is not really that attractive from the outside. The lobby is quite large when you enter the hotel. There is a small bar, a deli counter, small computer room with two computers. The lobby has some comfortable chairs and sofas in it. The nod on the lobby area goes to the Double Tree. We arrived before check in time and were immediately given our room keys. The room was large with a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was also of a good size with plenty of hot water. The towels were really thick. Each bed had five pillows on it. My wife is a real pillow freak so she was in heaven. We each slept well. We heard no noise from the rooms next door. Once again the room experience goes to the Double Tree. The HIE offers a free breakfast while the Double Tree does not. Their food offerings are on the limited side. The nod goes to the HIE here. There are really no restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The HIE has a few. The nod goes to the HIE here also. We have never seen a friendlier group of cleaning staff workers then we did at the Double Tree. They all said hello whenever they saw you. The staff and the desk seemed both friendly and efficient. We were able to walk to the JFK library. It was a 15 minute walk from the hotel. If this seems too far there is a free shuttle which runs from the T stop. There is a Shaw's supermarket located near the T stop. It seemed to get a large amount of people who walked to and from the market. My wife and I had enough Hilton honors points to get two free nights here. After reading the trip advisor reviews I told her that we should not expect too much. I was very pleased at how much I liked the hotel. In the future we would pay to stay here if the price is right. I think the people who complain about the hotel not being close to town and activities should do a little more research before they book. If you want to be downtown then be prepared to pay downtown prices. If you are resourceful and don't mind riding the T and doing a little walking then save some money and stay here. One more thing. If you walk through the large parking lot behind the hotel you will be on the water. This is a great place to take a long walk. You can walk the Carson beach area and you almost feel that you are at the seashore. Probably very cold in the winter months though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just two miles from downtown Boston, our convenient hotel offers easy access to the subway just one block away as well as complimentary shuttle service to the airport, local area restaurants, the BCEC and Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Enjoy comfortable accommodations in a standard guest room or upgrade to one of our suites. Grab a quick bite at the Marketplace Cafe and Take Away with premium deli meats and Starbucks coffee bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Club Boston Bayside Hotel Boston
- Doubletree Hotel Boston Bayside
- Doubletree Boston
- Doubletree Club Hotel Boston Bayside