“DoubleTree Boston Bayside”

Ranked #58 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, United States
“DoubleTree Boston Bayside”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and prompt service. Room was clean and good linens. The Boston subway terminal was a 5 to 6 minute walk from the hotel with good sidewalks. AC/Heat unit was a bit noisy but no worse than most hotel with units in the wall. There was a parking fee which I feel there wasn't a need for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank P T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gainesville, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

All of the hotel staff here will go out of there way to ensure you have a pleasant stay. This is a great place to stay in Boston with a van that will take you to the South Station or Convention Center and pick you up at the Airport. For the price, this is an exceptional value!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Catherine S
Boston, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Doubletree Bayside in Boston. It was an ideal location to access the T. Close to the JFK Library and easily accessible by mass transit to the entire city. No need to get a car and the hassle of traffic. Staff was great and hospitable. We would stay there again for our next rrip to Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Scott M
Southborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed just one night for a nearby event and received a discounted group rate. However the $12 self parking fee and $13 WIFI was ridiculous. It is not in downtown Boston and there is plenty of room for parking. We had a room on the 5th floor which looked recently renovated and had very comfortable bedding. The bath was good size with nice towels. There is was no refrigerator in the room but one can be requested. There was a very large flat screen TV. The cookies were very good (and still free.)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cubiclegirl
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I should have read the reviews before I made my reservation for this hotel. I'm a Hilton Diamond member and have stayed at numerous of their Boston hotels (Hilton, Homewood, Hampton, Doubletree, etc...). My parents taught me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." However, I'm so upset I'm writing this review before I have even checked out of this hotel.

First of all, the "nice" things: It's only a 3 minute walk from the JFK/UMass subway stop. The lobby is clean and the 5th floor rooms are decent as they have been recently remodeled for HiltonHonors members. The staff is super friendly and generally efficient.

If you don't know it, Hilton offers complimentary wifi and breakfast to its Diamond members. But the breakfasts here are inedible. It sets a new standard for the bottom of the Hilton brand scale. Don't stay here unless you like powdered eggs and microwaved frozen pancakes or French toast. The poor suckers who pay, must pay for this crap in advance. Then everybody, including Diamond members, has to stand around waiting for it. Then you wait on yourself and clear your own table. The food is disgusting.

No central HVAC. Through the wall heat pup that is very noisy. Must turn it off to sleep. terrible. I have no idea why they refer to it as a Doubletree "Club" hotel. It feels more like Motel 6 that charges for parking. Out here in the suburbs, they shouldn't really nickel and dime people for parking or wifi. I can't wait to check out.

Room Tip: Don't try the food under any circumstances. If someone makes your travel decisions for you, stay...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stephen_Pole, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Stephen Pole
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond member and have spent over 150 nights a year across various brands for over 10 years. The carpet at this hotel was the most disgusting carpet I've seen in any hotel, ever! GROSS! I didn't even want to walk on it in my socks!
I am usually a big fan of Doubltetree, but this room should've been remodeled ages ago. From previous reviews I see that they are in the process of remodeling and I wish I'd seen that before I checked in. The bed was terrible: a soft, lumpy antique (although the bedding was very clean), and the furniture was old and noticeably scratched and worn. The rest of the hotel looked fine, so if you get a remodeled room you'll probably be ok. Based on the quality of the lobby, I would even be willing to give this place another chance, provided it was a refurbished room.
Breakfast was ok, a bit disappointing. The grill appears to be run by a third party and you can order from a limited menu. My voucher covered a breakfast combo of scrambled eggs, hash browns, and bacon, a cold drink and coffee (which was Starbucks). My eggs were powdered, the bacon over-cooked, and the frozen hash browns very under-cooked.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Pole, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Will,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize you were disappointed in the comfort and condition of your guestroom. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience through service and accommodations. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Stephen Pole
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stayed here for a couple of days before a cruise. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from a "T" station and so a car was not needed for our visit. At the end of our stay the hotel shuttled us to the cruise terminal which was a nice surprise.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family