I stayed there for four nights this past week. I booked this trip months ago for work. I chose it because it was close to where I was conducting business in Boston and I am a Hilton Diamond member. I spend many nights in hilton hotels. As I checked in I was told that I would not be able to stay on the honors floor, which is ok with me. I have not always been upgraded to the honors floor on visits to other hilton hotels.
But, I still expect that the room will be up to hilton standards. I was wrong.
I was placed in room 215. The carpet was spotty, the bed needed to be replaced, and overall it is what I would expect from a super 8 no-tell mo-tell.
So, I went to the front desk and said that I would be willing to stay one night in 215, but I would need to be switched for the remainder of the stay. (I then looked up other hotels where I could stay just in case)
I am not sure why people said the hotel was cheap, I found cheaper.
That night I found long black hairs in the bathroom. (I have short gray hair)
And I woke up with. Sore back.
They accommodated my request and I was moved the second day to the 6th floor. The room was a lot nicer, cleaner, and the bed was comfortable. (Sans hair in the bathroom)
This is the only reason why I am giving the hotel 3 stars.
My advise, get one of the remodeled rooms or find another hotel.
I will only go back if I am assured to get a remodeled room.
The front desk people were incredibly nice and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just two miles from downtown Boston, our convenient hotel offers easy access to the subway just one block away as well as complimentary shuttle service to the airport, local area restaurants, the BCEC and Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Enjoy comfortable accommodations in a standard guest room or upgrade to one of our suites. Grab a quick bite at the Marketplace Cafe and Take Away with premium deli meats and Starbucks coffee bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Club Boston Bayside Hotel Boston
- Doubletree Hotel Boston Bayside
- Doubletree Boston
- Doubletree Club Hotel Boston Bayside