“Go for the remodeled rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Madison, Wisconsin
“Go for the remodeled rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for four nights this past week. I booked this trip months ago for work. I chose it because it was close to where I was conducting business in Boston and I am a Hilton Diamond member. I spend many nights in hilton hotels. As I checked in I was told that I would not be able to stay on the honors floor, which is ok with me. I have not always been upgraded to the honors floor on visits to other hilton hotels.

But, I still expect that the room will be up to hilton standards. I was wrong.

I was placed in room 215. The carpet was spotty, the bed needed to be replaced, and overall it is what I would expect from a super 8 no-tell mo-tell.

So, I went to the front desk and said that I would be willing to stay one night in 215, but I would need to be switched for the remainder of the stay. (I then looked up other hotels where I could stay just in case)
I am not sure why people said the hotel was cheap, I found cheaper.

That night I found long black hairs in the bathroom. (I have short gray hair)
And I woke up with. Sore back.

They accommodated my request and I was moved the second day to the 6th floor. The room was a lot nicer, cleaner, and the bed was comfortable. (Sans hair in the bathroom)

This is the only reason why I am giving the hotel 3 stars.

My advise, get one of the remodeled rooms or find another hotel.

I will only go back if I am assured to get a remodeled room.

The front desk people were incredibly nice and accommodating.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank yortman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Excellent Hotel, people are nice and very helpful. Clean rooms with no surprises. The only negative thing being the separate charges for parking and internet access. They should increase the rate a few dollars and include those in the room price...instead of "nickel and diming" the guest.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Free airport shuttle on call was our first service we enjoyed. We were in our room before check in time, able to check out one hour late without penalty. Subway station very close, three streets to cross, good frequent train traffic, easy to use except for lots of of stairs.

Our room was small but good, quiet, everything worked and we slept. Desk staff were attentive and friendly. Lobby spacious, business center good with Windows and Apple desktops. We did not have free wifi. The small deli was crowded and pricey, but we ate there twice. Food was good, limited menu. Friendly staff there too.

Great location for a waterfront walk to JFK library! Ask for some directions first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrosas24
Bend, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

If only this hotel which is only a few minutes from the bay and beautiful vistas would improve its dining , particularly breakfast services, this could be a fine hotel. One has to keep in mind that there are few alternative places to eat in the vicinity.

1 Thank Michael J R
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The only negative was the size of the bed. My wife and I found the bed quite small and actually because of that my back was a little sore on this trip. We much prefer at least a queen size bed. Other than that the experience was very positive. The staff could not do enough for us, were very friendly and warm and seemed genuinely concerned with our well being. They all knew who we were when we came to the desk which made especially the younger members of my family feel important. The human resource team that hired the staff at this hotel did an excellent job. We were able to take the T everywhere and the station was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and always felt very safe even returning late at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hoetel is nice. Food is good. I would like to take the time out and say that your front desk girl Alisha is nice, funny, down to earth, and also very helpful. She is one of the most nicest, humuress, young lady i have met.please know thay you hired an amazing girl.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

In Boston, there are 5 addresses of the same street and number of the hotel, and the gps took us to the other side of the city. It would be nice to have an unique street name for this hotel strip. Please ask the city to change the street name for your hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen_Pole, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We understand your GPS's confusion and will do what we can to correct the issue for future guests. The next time you are in the are we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your visit the best possible.

Stephen Pole