“super location but...”

Ranked #48 of 83 Hotels in Boston
A TripAdvisor Member
“super location but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

We loved the location of the hotel,one block from the waterfront ,one block from Fanuli(sp?) hall and the T-stop was right outsid the door.The room was exatly as pictured online and we booked an atrium room based on reviews complaining about the noise in street facing rooms.We did not hear any noise,even on a Saturday night and we were there 6 nights.The room was clean and nicely decorated and a nice size.Now for the bad stuff.
The bathtub drain did not work and therefore I had to shower and missed taking my bath.
The bed was the worst bed I ever slept in,in hotel ! It sagged in the middle and we rolled toward each other.Since the room was so quiet we did not want to chance another room so we asked for more pillows and made them into a feather bed of sorts.The staff did not go out of their way to be friendly but hey,maybe thats part of life in the big city.I'd recommend the room we stayed in #436 but make sure they have put in a new bed!

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boulder Creek, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2006

I have never been compelled to leave a review for a hotel but just had to, in this case.

We stayed for the nights of May 3rd and 4th of 2006, and expected a lovely, clean, and comfortable hotel, based on reviews. The outside of the hotel is beautiful, as is the lobby, but upon arrival to our room, we found several hairs on the shelf under the mirror in the bathroom, as well as the same colored hairs in our bed, and all over the carpet. It was so disgusting. I have never stayed in a hotel that was so filthy. My father's room wasn't much better...his carpet was also very dirty and covered in hairs/etc. Also, the A/C was not cooling the rooms properly and both rooms were warm throughout the night.

The hotel staff were very friendly, though - no complaints about them - and the location couldn't have been better, close to the water/aquarium, loads of fabulous restaurants, and super shopping. Just don't stay at this hotel if you're at all squeamish about things like finding 'other people's hair' in your bed! I have never stayed in a filthier place!!

Stayed May 2006
4 Thank CaliforniaGirl70
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

I just got back from my weekend trip to Boston. The Haborside Inn is a great little hotel centrally located. We were in walking distance to almost everything! The Quincy market, the North end, bars and dance clubs along with Faneuil hall whre all less than a 5 minute walk. The only down fall to our stay was the rude gentleman that worked the evenings, not helpful at all! Also, when booking here be sure to request a room off of State Street for it gets noisy late a night due to the two bars the hotel is situated between. I would stay here again due to location!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank D're
nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2006

Fabulous location, but room was noisy, hot, and in slight disrepair. I'd stay again if I had to, but would probably look elsewhere first.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank nevadanancy
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for three nights as part of a USA winter holiday and I would really recommend it based purely on the location. I would agree with all of the previous reviews that the location is just spot on - especially for nightlife - pubs and restaurants are within easy walking distance. I had previously stayed at the Omni Parker and preferred the location of the Harborside.

Due to previous reviews I faxed the hotel to request a quiet room and did not receive a reply. However on check in we were able to switch to an atrium room. This was fairly quiet, however, the atrium does have a strange echo effect so even a sneeze on the ground floor reverberated around. The room we were in also had very little natural light despite windows to the atrium.

We didn't find the area particularly noisy and were disappointed not to see any Ho's (see previous review) but there seemed to be lots of "frat boys" around - students to us Brits!

The decor was ok, but the coffee in the lobby was either cold or empty. Far better to go to Dunkin Donuts two blocks up.The subway is right outside the hotel, but you might struggle if you have heavy cases.

On the whole we found the hotel to be excellent value for money with a great location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank carolinecag
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2006

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a short break from the UK in June 2005. The hotel was excellant value for money and located in a great position for exploring Boston. Close to Quincy Market, Tram, Aquariam, T. We stayed in a standerd room which was large cleam and conmfortable at a reasonable price. The hotel staff were efficient and helpful throughout our stay. Would definately return

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Boston Harborside Inn for three nights in December 2005.
If you are taking the "T" in from Logan International, you can't beat the convience! You just take the blue line from the airport and get off at the
aquarium stop. As soon as you leave the "T" station, you are standing right outside the Harborside's door!!
I had read in Trip Advisor that the rooms facing the street could be noisy because of the bar next door.
Because of those reviews we booked a room in the
atrium instead. It was very quiet and comfortable.
The furniture are Early American reproductions, and combined with the original brick walls, gives a very unique, historical effect to the room.
The only negative aspect about the room is the back of the bathroom door had a large hole in it, as if someone had slammed their fist into the door. However, there were notices in the hotel that they were remodeling and perhaps they hadn't gotten to replacing the door yet.
The desk staff were not overly friendly, but were helpful if you asked direct questions.
Quincy Market is only a few minutes walk away, and the hotel is also a very close walk to the court house and finacial area.
For the price and convience, I heartily recommend the
Boston Harborside Inn.