“Great location, nice room”
Review of Harborside Inn

Harborside Inn
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is funky and fun and in a great location for touring Boston and getting harbour ferries. We walked from the door to most of the sights, nice eating nearby, the bar area was being refurbished but looked very nice. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Loved the Harborside, can't believe it took all this time to find it. It has the perfect location and
the rooms were beautiful. We had a cabin in the basement, no windows, but huge and very
elegant. Gets too expensive in the summer, but from now on, I am staying there in the
winter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This was our fifth stay here in the past 14 months. We can't say enough. Everyone is so friendly, the rooms are always clean. We have stayed in both atrium view and city view. Love having the added addition of the bar now. Such a quick walk to Fannuel Hall and the T station. Great for a weekend away without the kids.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location, walking distance to so many places in Downtown Boston, but let down by a number of issues. A small room would be OK, but so small that I had to lean over the bed to walk past the end of it so I didn't hit my head on the TV is too small.

I left the room with the TV unplugged - when turned off it has a bright blue standby LED that is so bright that it makes it hard to sleep. The fridge was noisy, and the room was dark, even in the middle of the day.

Water Hammer whenever anyone near my room used water or flushed a toilet kept waking me, and no tea or coffee facilities in the room at all.

In summary, great location, but let down by tiny, dark, noisy rooms.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I agree with other reviewers that I was afraid to let the cat out of the bag here -- but it was due to the positive reviews that we chose this hotel, so it's only fair to share! It's a GREAT place ... I won't repeat what others have said, but one thing I thought from reading reviews was that there was no place to park in front of the hotel -- which isn't true. You can pull up, check in and drop off your bags and then go park your car (since I had thought this wasn't possible, we drove right to garage and dragged our suitcases through the snow covered sidewalks as it was a big storm day!) No big deal, but for those that feel this is a con (not having valet parking) I'm not sure that they don't. I never asked, but there was someone at the desk waiting to help us with our bags. What I especially loved was the number of plugs throughout the room. You will have no problem charging all your devices -- each bedside table has them and they are scattered throughout. What an amazing feature -- last hotel I stayed in a few weeks ago I was on my hands and knees trying to unplug the clock so I could get my charger plugged in. Annoying.

Room Tip: We stayed in an atrium room -- which I would understand might bother people. We did not check out t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to spend a weekend going to the Quincy Marlket / Faneuil Hall area as well as going to the North End. This hotel's location was perfect for what we wanted. Basically steps away from Faneuil Hall and about an 8 minute walk to Hanover Street in the north end where, in my opinion, all the great dining is. The hotel itself is a great deal. The staff was professional and courteous.The room was small but clean and comfortable with exposed brick walls. The lounge is awesome. We will definetly stay here again!!

1  Thank Bosoxron
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This boutique hotel is in a prime spot - directly next to Faneuil hall - and is consistently lower priced than other Boston hotels. These two things made be book the hotel in the first place, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is also very modern, trendy and fun inside. They also have a full bar downstairs with good drink and appetizer options. Have already booked the hotel for an upcoming stay.

No parking at the hotel, but the less than one mile walk from South Station and next to a T station.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple