“Great Stay! Great Price! In the Middle of it all.”
Review of Harborside Inn

Harborside Inn
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This little hotel was the perfect little get away for my husband and I. We loved it and will stay here again! It was clean, comfortable, artsy. I am a bit of a Germ Freak and I did not find anything to complain about. The bathroom is a bit small but it was fine. The staff was very nice and helpful. It was very quiet. We loved the location Walking distance to everything we wanted, wharf, shopping, historic sites. There was a T stop right outside the hotel. You don't need a car. It's so hard to find parking around Boston. Most of all the Price was Right! They didn't have any food at the hotel but there are so many Great choices in Boston who wants to eat at the hotel anyway?! There are plenty of restaurants right outside the door. You should check it out!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bjoyful4

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recently stayed here over presidents day weekend and I thought the hotel was great, very clean and the staff were all very nice. I had an interior room which made sleeping in easy, the bed was very comfortable. Although the room was not very large it wasroomy enough for two people. The next time I'm in Boston my boyfriend and I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank alihey
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I came to the Harborside Inn for a three-night business/personal stay and ended up staying four nights because I got caught in the blizzard of 2013-Nemo. The hotel staff members (young, friendly, helpful) were so nice about everything, including about extending my stay for an additional night at the same rate i was paying for the first three nights when my flight was cancelled. The 24-hour availability of coffee and tea was a big plus during the storm (hard to stay warm after being outside). I really appreciated it. We had to go without housekeeping services for one day, but the staff was clear about that--notice under the door, information on how to get supplies as needed.

My one teeny critique is on room cleanliness. The vacuum that was being used to clean my room didn't pick up everything, so the carpet never really was clean during my stay. Investment in a new vacuum would do the trick on that. And on the first day, they readied a room for me so I could check in early, but they forgot to empty the bathroom trash (so there was still some hair in the trash can from the last resident). these were small blemishes on an otherwise wonderful stay.

I am so grateful for everything that was done for me during my stay. Many thanks to all who made it pleasant for the duration of the storm and beyond.

Room Tip: There are no real views from the rooms in the hotel, except maybe from the front. It is a railroade...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heminway
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I loved this hotel in Boston. The location makes it perfect for eating in the north end or Quincy market. Because it is on the blue line you do not need a car to get around the city. The harbor is across the street and walking is a must to visit all the area landmarks. Hotel is clean and has free coffee or tea and wifi for the guests. I booked this directly through their website and found an unbelievable discount for my stay. I will put this hotel in my contacts for future stays next time I come to New England. Love it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelingaddicted
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a lovely independent hotel. Our room was huge, very clean and beautifully decorated.
The staff were super helpful and always friendly and welcoming. Amazing added amenities such as free wifi, free use of computers and printing and tea and coffee all day in the lobby.
Is very easy to get to hotel as its only 2 stops on train and hotel is then right in front of you!
Location is perfect, can walk to everything and Quincy market is only 2mins away for loads of delicious food.
Would definatey stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank prowsey7
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to see a concert and we got a great deal! The price for the location was beyond value. I think we booked the room at discount, $89 (Not including tax, $113) for one night near the harbor in Boston?! Even places miles and miles away from the commons were way over $100. The bathroom was pretty cool, but the room smelled pretty musty. Whatever. Got drunk and had a great time! Some of the places on their breakfast directory are out of business so call ahead before hoofin' the 20 mins. The harbor walk is nice, too.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank JackiePee126
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Room was clean and warm with a nice view of historic Boston. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting a few places to eat as well. The perfect location for a game or concert at TD Garden or just a night out in the North End/Quincy Market area.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the Quincy Market/North End area of Boston... TH...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business