“Standard (bit good) Airport Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #71 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 6, 2014

It's a standard airport hotel. Nothing special, but also nothing to complain about. The staff were particularly interested in helping out, so it made all the transfers and moving about as easy as possible. If I ahd to stay overnight at Logan again I would probably choose this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you look to come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting Boston for the beer fest - by the time we got a hotel most of the inexpensive options were booked up. We decided to go with the Courtyard Marriott due to the low price and relative closeness to both the airport and our event. We were not let down! We recently stayed at a Courtyard in Alexandria, VA and this one was significantly nicer. The lobby is nice, the room was very clean and laid out well - A/C worked, our room was quiet, the fixtures were kept well, all of the counter surfaces/bathroom counter/shower/etc were well maintained. The bed was nice, too. The only thing I don't like in the Courtyard hotels I've stayed in is the main carpeting throughout the lobby and halls - it really dates the place. The staff in the lobby were great and helped us out trying to figure out how to get around - they even had 2 extra metro passes that they gave us. The shuttle to/from the airport/train station was perfect - we would have been pretty helpless without it. I would definitely stay here again if traveling to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelpants_11

Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you come back to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were stuck in Boston overnight due to a flight cancellation, and we found the last room in an airport hotel nearby. I'm glad there was a room available at the Courtyard by Marriott. The rooms were comfortable, quiet, clean, and complete with all of the amenities one would expect. I was expecting a lot less for an airport hotel, but it was quite nice. There is a shuttle running every 15-20 min to/from Logan airport and the T. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the restaurant was standard and fine (we ate there for breakfast only). The only downside was the price, but we assumed it was just the price one pays for a hotel in the Boston area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly hope you come back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here one night with husband and daughter. Place was clean and had no complaints with staff. Free parking in the lot was nice as were the multitude of outlets to recharge all of our electronics. I wish there was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, however. Also the temperature in the room was difficult to control. Instead of running at a constant temperature, as soon as the room was starting to feel uncomfortable, the unit would turn on and then turn off again. Also being near the airport made for some noisy plane noise. We needed to get into the city and at almost $400 for one night, I felt this was very expensive. Every hotel seemed to be booked as it seemed that every college was having graduation that weekend. I would not pay this amount again for these accommodations and location. Restaurant on site was good, but wish there was more nearby as well.

Room Tip: Free WiFi!
1  Thank abura
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your review.

Although we do not have refrigerators available in each guest room, it is something we are looking at doing in the future and certainly have them available upon request for guest use.

We are never looking to overcharge our guests for their guest rooms. All of our rates are always based on the rates of other hotels in the area and occupancy levels. Certainly, rates do tend to be higher during conventions, graduations, etc.;however, it is always best to book you reservations as far in advance as you can to ensure you are getting the lowest possible rate. As long as you do not book an advanced purchase reservation, you will have until 6pm the day of arrival to cancel the reservation if needed.

Thanks and hope you look to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was disappointed with our stay.

There were a couple of nice things about this hotel. It was actually clean, or at least what we saw was clean. It was very easy to get to (just off the highway) and they provided services to the airport and the T for those less inclined to drive in Boston. They also allowed us to park early and keep our car there after the stay. While it was definitely not the nicest area in Boston, it was fine – not ‘shady’. Normally, this all would add up to a good experience, but then a few things really soured us…

The bathroom door! I know it sounds a little silly, but do not book a double queen room (which is actually a double double room, for those of you who think you’ll actually get a queen bed). Apparently it is part of the design of the room – but no latch, sliding swinging SEE THROUGH doors do not do it for me. Three panels of see through glass (yes, it is the wavy stuff, and no, that doesn’t make it better)– who thought that was a good idea? The door doesn’t really block the opening, and since it doesn’t latch or lock, it feels like you have zero privacy. You hear everything. The toilet (at least in our room) was straight across from the door, so you can easily see someone sitting there. No good.

You hear every neighbor’s toilet as well. The walls are paper thin, and the toilets are loud and ineffective jets. I was up at least 5-6 times in the night … and couldn’t sleep in because….

Bad staff (not that the noise would allow it)! Someone brought us our bill, but instead of sliding it under the door, they just walked in. I sat up quickly, and assumed it was my sister exiting the room (as we had the sign on the door) but she was sitting up in the other bed, looking just as confused.
The woman we dealt with at the front desk was fine (she checked us in and out), polite enough – though slightly dismissive. I don’t know that she was sincere when she said she would speak to her manager about the other member of the staff who just walked in (although she assured me they aren’t supposed to do that, they are told to just slide it under the door).

This hotel is definitely not worth the price, and I won’t be booking again. Between the staff and not knowing about the bathroom door ahead of time (we would have picked a different room), I was rather annoyed. For $180 for a night, the ‘low’ rated Ramada (which I’ve stayed at before, and was fine) has way more bang for the buck.

(My primary reason for writing this review was to inform others about the bathroom – I know I can’t be the only person who is very bothered by it.)

Room Tip: Don't stay here - if you do, make sure you get a room on the top floor in a corner, perhaps less...
1  Thank S_june_Brown928
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for your feedback as it is always helpful in us bettering our hotel.

I will be bringing your comments up during our next managers meeting as we look to renovate our hotel in the future. The feedback from our guests is what helps in ensuring that we make the appropriate changes to ensure that our guests continue to stay with us.

Thanks and again and we certainly hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a newly renovated hotel near Logan airport that's good for business travelers.
The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the airport, with a shuttle that goes regularly. There is a nice hotel bar that stays open until at least 11pm on weekends.
My one complaint is that the walls are pretty thin-- when I was trying to fall asleep, I could hear somebody snoring in the next room and had to put on the room's fan to drown it out.
This hotel isn't as close to the hotel as some of the other airport hotels, but it's a bit cheaper and you get marriott points, so I'd recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank acon2012
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you look to come back and stay with us again.

I would like to have our Engineers go through the room you stayed in to ensure that all noise in minimized. Do you happen to recall what room you stayed in? As an airport location, noise is something we take very seriously due to our location in proximity to the airport. Our main focus is our guests enjoying their stay and we want to ensure that you enjoy your stay shuld you come back to stay with us.

Thanks!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

So many problems with this hotel:

#1 Hotel shuttle is rarely on time is is filthy, #2 Hotel Restaurant is horrible and rarely open, #3 No other food options nearby, #4 Had to eat from small pantry at front desk with few choices and using a microwave that had not been cleaned in days. When I pointed the filthy microwave to the front desk, they replied "they would get to it." When I went back down stairs three hours later, it was still filthy. #5 In the gym some of the equipment is broken and dangerous!

I know Boston Hotels are expensive, but stay away from this property!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael B
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

I certainly apologize for the issues incurred during your recent stay with us and certainly wish that you had a better experience staying with us. We will be taking proactive measures to ensure that issues like this do not occur again in the future.

Thanks for your review and we hope you look to stay with us again in the future so that we can show you that we're a better hotel than your last stay reflected!