4,103 results
All reviewsgreat locationprudential centersymphony hallnortheastern universityroom was cleangreen linewalking distancewould stay againfenway parknew englandfront desk staffred sox gamet stationsubwayhuntingtonbayrates
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We were staying here because of a convention. The convention center is an easy one block walk, even in the winter. The Prudential Center which houses the convention center also has a plethora of dining options. There is even a full grocery store that is 24hrs. Laundry and a little diner and convenience store and even closer. If you exit via a side door, you are steps from the Symphony T stop.

We paid $67 a night which is about what this hotel is worth when you add in the minifridge for $5 a night and the wifi for $6.50 a night. There is no breakfast. Parking is $18 a day.

Pros beyond location and price are that the front desk is always staffed and very good, housekeeping is very quick, usually done by 2 PM, and wifi is pretty fast - we got 10 MBPS and could stream netflix.

Cons - very thin walls which when the school kid trip came to town was really annoying. A lot of the vending machines were broken. The furniture, bathrooms, and decor were very dated. The heater is very noisy, as many have noted. We took to turning it on while we were gone then turning it off at night. The TV would have really weird static bursts on several channels making them nearly unwatchable.

If you need to be at the convention center and don't want to pay $200 a night, then by all means, use this hotel. But, scale your expectations down accordingly. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The location is oK, the staff was all very friendly.
We went with our daughter to scout colleges in Boston after a long day on campus tours we went to bed at about 11pm at about midnight it started . We had prostitutes next door. Unbelievably loud. We heard them arguing for 1/2 an hour then the bed going for half an hour etc...... There is no way the staff could not have noticed a parade of people coming through at this hour.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
MidtownGM, Manager at The Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Midtown Hotel. I have attempted to research your issues as much as possible. However, it proved to be difficult as this stay occurred almost 3 years ago. However, The Midtown Hotel takes all noise complaints seriously and proactively. We have additional hotel staffing and private security on during the overnight periods.

With regards to your assertion of what transpired in a nearby room, we are unable to corroborate this due to the length of time and lack of any formal complaint being filed. We are very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise of nearby guests. We take all feedback very seriously and are constantly monitoring the hotel to ensure the comfort of all of our guests. Todd Sankey, General Manager, The Midtown Hotel

Reviewed February 28, 2011

I stayed at the Midtown hotel for 5 nights this previous week, I must say that I was attracted by its location as much as anything.

On arrival I was greeted by a very friendly concierge who offer to assist me with my baggage upon arrival. Check in was quick and easy and I was directed to my room down the hall. Some people may be put off by the long corridors, to me it was not bothersome.

I arrived in my room to find it very clean, spacious and well equipped for my stay. With a 32 inch HD tv to compliment the room I felt right at home. There is ample room to hang clothes and store them in drawers which I found very useful. The room had a fantastic view of the Prudential center and Huntington Ave. All in all I was very impressed with the room.

The staff at the midtown were simply AMAZING! I had a minor issue in my room one morning and within 30 minutes it had been sorted, I must say Ron who works on the front desk is a rock star, he and all the staff made my stay simply fantastic, so help with everything, from finding places to eat, to advice on what to see and to organising my travel back to Logan Airport, it was all made so simple for me!

I will certainly be returning to the midtown in the future, thank u guys!

The staff at the

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I had the pleasure to stay at the MidTown Hotel in Boston for just one night 2/22/2011.

Location: I found the location to be central to everything I was interested in and a short walk to the trains and subways,

Room: The room was clean, pleasant, spacious and well appointed, The large LCD TV was nice! They offered complimentary coffee and tea, which I very much appreciated.

Staff: To me, the friendliness of the staff is very important. Check-in was painless, fast and efficient. While I waited for a friend to join me in the lobby, a very kind gentleman, Kevin I think, offered me a USA Today and a candy bar! I declined on the candy, but happily took the paper. It is the little things that people do to make you feel like you are at home.

Value. I was surprised at the cost of this hotel. I was a little worried that 'you get what you pay for' would bite me, but to my surprise it was a very nice hotel. And I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Great location, parking included in covered area. Those are the two good points. The room itself was most unpleasant. After about 30 seconds, the inside lining of my nostrils started to tingle and then just plain felt sore and stinging. It's a day later, I'm at home and my nose is still bleeding somewhat. I am not someone who is usually sensitive to these things so I have to conclude that their choice of product(s) for the purpose of cleaning the room is some concoction of industrial strength toxic detergents that would probably prove cancerous if exposed to it everyday for "x" amount of time!!!!! Truly distressing. One note here: the bathroom appeared very clean. I put a plastic wrapper from a plastic glass they provide you over the tv remote and I immediately removed the polyester bedspread. Eeewww. Sheets and towels seemed clean, bright white and soft. As other people have posted, charged for internet connection. We had just returned from a third world country and even hotels there provided free connection! Really. How do they justify this cost? Our signal was okay but we only paid for it once for two hours. Plumbing noise is a very big problem for those who are looking to sleep at this hotel. You can hear adjacent room occupants shower, use the sink and flush the toilet as well as their conversations. And they weren't yelling; it's just flimsy walls. And because people are coming and going at all hours (I'd ask in advance if neighbors are getting up for an early flight so you can be far away from the noise!) it's a foregone conclusion you'll be awakened during the night at least once. And let me not forget to mention the slamming doors!!!! Walls are like paper and doors sound like prison doors in the wee hours. If you use the elevators, don't look closely. It's gotta be 20 years since anyone ever cleaned the insides. Most likely a petri dish for many nasty germs and bugs. Take the stairs if filth bothers you. (The stairwell was surprisingly freshly painted and carpeted?) Staff was fine but then again, they know the score. "It's cheap. What can you expect?"

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
MidtownGM, General Manager at The Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Midtown Hotel. I am puzzled with your comments regarding the cleaning chemicals; as almost 2 years ago the Midtown converted all of it's chemicals to 100% green certified products; not only for the health of our guests but for our employees. The cleaning products being used at the Midtown Hotel, which are manufactured by Rochester Midland Corporation, all are made from a 100% plant base, with zero petroleum base chemicals. These products have won numerous prestigious awards for their green content and are all Green Seal certified. In addition they all carry the Ecologo certification; that is a difficult certification to obtain due to the high criteria for green content.
We are very sorry that we haven't met your expectations during your recent stay with us. We all feedback very seriously and are constantly making adjustments to earn your business next time you travel to the Boston area. Respectfully, Todd Sankey, General Manager