“Life in a dormitory”

Ranked #64 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Detroit, Michigan
“Life in a dormitory”
Reviewed April 28, 2006

I stayed four night here in early April, 2006. The atmosphere was very institutional. The hallways and common areas were tired and dingy. It was depressing to enter into the hotel. It was like a bad college dorm. That said, my room was clean and reasonably spacious. As long as I stayed in the room and out of the common areas, I had no major complaints. In the case of this hotel, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Got to the hotel, not as close to center city as we expected but is a nice hotel. Our room had two full beds, instead of one king, but that worked out fine considering that my boyfriend is a snorer anyway lol. The view from our room was amazing, it was facing this gorgeous church and a waterway between us. It was great. The hotel staff was very nice but was unable to let us leave our car there for a few hours on checkout day. We ended up paying the hotel $20 to leave the car there until 5pm on checkout day. Not soo bad, just thought they would be able to do it as a courtesy considering the lot was half empty anyways. But overall we had a great trip, too bad the weather was awful (cold, about 35 degrees and rainy) but we made the best of it. :)

long island, ny
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I stayed at the hotel with my 14 year old daughter to visit my other daughter at Northeastern University.The staff was great / check in was a breeze. the room was nice and clean. the bathroom was a little small ,but clean. you can't beat the free parking . would stay there again.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 14, 2006

I needed a cheap place to stay in the downtown Boston for a night, and took this off of Expedia. I did not expect luxury, nor does the hotel provide more than a clean, quiet room. But if that is the bargain that you want to make, then this hotel delivers well.

The hotel is located on the south side of the river, just south of the big Christian Science complex. It is within convenient walking distance of the T, and there are lots of stores in the area that can provide fast food, perscription meds, hardware, and small electronics. The cab in from the airport had trouble finding the street address at ten at night, so print a map before you come.

The staff is friendly and efficient: the concierge / porter in particular never failed to ask if I needed directions to where I was going. The room was huge (about 2X the size of a normal hotel room) but sparsely furnished and dark. I was on the back, away from the street, and it was reasonably quiet and free of glare from adjacent buildings and streets. No elevators, and dark hallways with a maze of room directions: make sure you know where you are going before you leave the desk. The bathroom was small but clean, hot water and pressure was good.

Stayed March 2006
New York City
Reviewed April 12, 2006

Great location, free parking, very helpful and nice staff. The coffee shop made a great breakfast with good coffee. Nothing fancy - Bed and pillows were ok - everything was clean. Would certainly stay here again. And if you're looking by chance for a Catholic Church, there's one two blocks away in Prudential Center (a big mall) Subway is also a block away. We arrived at 5:25 pm and were in our room by 5:30. Enjoy!

New York
Reviewed April 6, 2006

The title says it all. I got in at 10:30pm and there were glue traps in the room. Being tired and hungry, I found a pizza place, then walked over to the Sheraton and Hilton across the street to see if I could book a room. $299 and $349 were a bit steeep, so I head back to my room at Midtown and the glue traps are magically gone. Well, this is a surprise as I had the Please Do Not Disturb thingy on the door.

Next morning I head off to Linux World Expo, have dinner with a friend and head back to the hotel. About an hour later oy little friend the mouse, scampers across the room.

Okay, the location is great. Right near a subway, easy to walk downtown or Fenway if you're into walking, but I'm staying someplace else next year.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Boston hotels

Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed March 31, 2006

After reading reviews, we decided on Midtown mostly for its free parking. We booked a room for about $90 per night and were pleasantly surprised upon check-in. The place is nothing fancy, but suited us fine. The room was quite large, bigger than the one we'd had at our supposedly 3-star place in Plymouth, very clean, and included a coffeemaker, hairdryer, etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in the Back Bay area, within easy walking distance of the Prudential building, with its many stores, restaurants and T stop.

I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't have carte blanche on an expense account - it was easy to drive to, had a secure, free parking area, and was a great value!

• Stayed March 2006