4,103 results
All reviewsgreat locationprudential centersymphony hallnortheastern universityroom was cleangreen linewalking distancewould stay againfenway parknew englandfront desk staffred sox gamet stationsubwayhuntingtonbayrates
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel back 2012, great location making it easy to walk to everywhere of interest in Boston. Lovely staff who were extemely helpful. The hotel has trolley bus stops near by and train station is close too. Bars shops and restaurants close to hotel. A very reasonably priced place- well worth staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Bastille14
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I travel to Boston several times a year to visit our daughter, who is a student at Northeastern University. After trying several hotels in the area, we have settled in on the Midtown. Although this hotel is a bit run down and dated, it has a great location on Huntington Ave; and there is underground parking on-site for a reasonable charge. Obviously this is not a full service luxury hotel with all the amenities. However, it is clean and reasonably priced, and has a great Boston location. The hotel staff is also very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: The Midtown Hotel offers AAA Discounts which you should request at check in. Second floor rooms are quieter and less noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been traveling to Boston 2-3 times a year since my daughter began going to college there. So the midtown is perfect for my needs. Its well priced for a big city and is very close to her college. The hotel is in the Back Bay section is located near the Prudential Center and Newbury and Bolyston Streets.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have never stayed in a worse hotel in my life. Problems started at check-in. While the desk clerk was delightful and tried to accommodate us, he couldn't change the problems we had. First of all, the room rate is the tip of the iceberg...There is a parking charge for using the adjacent parking lot...$21.00 a day! Second, there is a charge for using the Internet! Even McDonald's doesn't charge for that! The hotel is very dated...and not very clean. The shower rod fell on both of us. At 4:30 AM, we were awakened by lots of noise in the halls...I guess the bars had just closed and all the college students were having their final hurrah before the school year started! The next morning, all the rooms near us had "Do Not Disturb" signs out. Hmmm, wonder why! To add insult to injury....there was NO breakfast! Even Microtel has a breakfast. Boy, were we glad to leave Boston! I felt very sorry for the very helpful staff because they had to continually apologize for the hotel's shortcomings. While the rates were low, we paid a lot for extras which most hotels would have included in the room charge. Shame on Midtown!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would recommend this place in a heartbeat! The staff is really nice, hotel is clean, and the pool was great! They have a lifeguard on duty at all times. The price was perfect too for actually being in the city!! It was close to public transportation. They also helped us to get a cab when we needed it. It is close to some great Boston landmarks. And the other ones are in walking distance.

Room Tip: I got to hear church bells from our room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends