4,103 results
All reviewsgreat locationprudential centersymphony hallnortheastern universityroom was cleangreen linewalking distancewould stay againfenway parknew englandfront desk staffred sox gamet stationsubwayhuntingtonbayrates
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is situated pretty much right across from the Prudential tower, very very convenient. The room is very spacious but dated. The carpet is quite dirty, especially between the night stand and the bed and there's stain on the comforter and chairs.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We started our tour of New England at this hotel so this was our first impression of what we were to expect. The hotel is close to the city centre and near to eating places. The staff were friendly and could not help enough but the condition of the hotel was drab and in my opinion it is in need of a serious upgrade. This, because we were only there for 2 days was something we put up with what we could not was the need to charge customers $22 a day in parking for the privilege of staying at the hotel this should be free for guests. Also the wi-fi is $3.95 for 2 hours which would be fine if the time was reduced each time I logged on but once you log on it runs regardless on whether you are on or not. Rip off

Room Tip: Find a hotel that offers free car parking and free use of the Internet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MidtownGM, General Manager at The Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel, and your kind mention of the staff. As you mentioned the hotel does charge for parking as do all of the city hotel's. And with a rate of $22 per night, it is less than half of the city average for parking which is at over $46 nightly. In regards to the wifi, we recently upgraded our entire system for stronger signal and 6x the prior bandwidth. That being said, we are also exploring new options in regards to our guest wifi programs.
Todd Sankey, General Manager

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I preface this by saying I'm a picky traveler, so if you are fine with the uber basics, then this is more like a 3.5. Clearly needs to be renovated, its likely walking into a 1970 beach motel. Weird courtyard parking lot that creeped me out at night since interior rooms have windows that overlook it. Lobby had a funky smell and the interior walls were all marked up like valet carts have been crashing into it for years (although I didn't see any carts). Front desk sent me an elevator on the far end of the end of the hotel only to have to walk the entire length back to where my rooms was. When I got there thought I was in the freight elevator when in fact it was for guest. Not gonna lie I almost expected to have gotten a real key dangling from one of those large diamond shaped plastic key chains. The hotel was obviously around when smoking in hotels wasn't prohibited and theres still a mustiness in the rooms. The rooms themselves are a good size, but make the small tv seems even smaller in the random little bookshelf. Theres a separate sink and toilet area. Awful water pressure, and mold in the corners. Wished I had shower shoes. Typical polyester bedspread. I didnt turn down the bed so not comment on the bedding. SMall odd placed table on with theres a one cup coffee maker and assortment of teas and coffee bags....no sugar or creamer. Last time I wait to the last minute to book a hotel.... On the upside if your visiting anyone at Northeastern, its right there.

1  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel guests must pay for parking. That was the first of many unsatisfying encounters that we faced during our one night stay at the Midtown. I will not bring down the hotel's staff because of my disliking of the rooms, they worked as any staff should: a greet, a smile and a goodbye - nothing special. The two bed room we were staying in was very dim, the bathroom was built in such a way, that if you go there at night, the light will illuminate the whole room. The only window in this 'cave' had a big light right in front of it on the outside, the small curtains managed to cover up some if the light. No refrigerator. Nothing special at all.
I would not recommend staying here, unless you have no other choice, e.g. last minute booking.
The price is significantly higher than the quality of your stay. We ended up paying $238 for one night in a sleazy motel.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank snlnkv15
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The parking was very easy. The staff was fantastic and beyond friendly. The hotel should be a motel. This does not have anything plush about it. The bathroom was about as disgusting as anything I have ever been in... Wall paper peeling, mold, 99 cent shower curtains, and so outdated with the decor. Honestly, it was a weird feeling being there. I felt like we were at a seedy motel. The staff, location, and pool area make up for this. But.... No Way should they be charging more than say a low budget motel. Would I stay here again??? Highly unlikely, although I've hear their sister hotel down the road is amazing. To me this place seems like they feel they don't have to do anything to update due to the fact that they are close to the t and in a good location:( It appears as though this is just been neglected:( Too bad because their staff is the best!!!!!!