4,103 results
All reviewsgreat locationprudential centersymphony hallnortheastern universityroom was cleangreen linewalking distancewould stay againfenway parknew englandfront desk staffred sox gamet stationsubwayhuntingtonbayrates
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I don't know where to start... So we had a conference to attend at the Hynes Convention Center so we needed something that was nearby and cheap.. We got there to a welcoming staff but that's as far as the positivity goes! The hotel is old and has some sort of a rotten atmosphere.. I managed to book a wrong date online (arrived one day in advance) so the management were nice enough to update the reservation and give us a room upon arrival.. we got to the room which is pleasantly large, however after endless flight hours we just wanted to crash.. I opened the bed and found remaining little hair on the bed (the linen were not changed from the previous visitors), the room had a dirty feeling to it.. so did the toilet... we were so tired on the first day that we didn't even bother, but got the staff to bring us clean bed linen for the second night.. All in all, it was not a pleasant experience and ruined a bit of the Boston experience for me.. Would I book in that hotel again? NOPE.. I'd pay a bit more and enjoy my stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank olive t
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Rented a studio for a week but due to mixup on my arrival date, landlady put me up for one night in this hotel. Location is fantastic, right across from the Prudential, rooms are a bit dated but very clean, comfy, with large flatscreen tv, plenty of HD channels, kitchenette,shower with good water pressure. It is laid out as a motel (one floor only) but not noisy at all and definitely felt safe.
If you get a good rate, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bostona
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for a week in March from 12-19. The power went out in the back bay area while we were there and i have never come across more unhelpful staff before. The second day that the power was out we asked at reception if they knew when it was coming back and were told no and we said that we needed to shower etc and we were told that " it was not their fault it was the cities fault that there was no power and that we didnt have to stay and could check out if we wanted to". So rude, could not believe it, where were we suppose to go, we had paid in full. Whether or not it was the hotels fault they should look after their customers as i am sure they will be claiming off the city for "inconvience caused" while the power was out. They should have arranged for us to go to a leisure centre or gym where we could shower.

Apart from that the hotel is old, very noisey ( could hear everything in the room next door, the lady staying there was on the phone telling someone her mother was getting her hip replaced, heard it as if she was in the room with me).

The only thing going for this hotel was its location.

I would recommend NEVER NEVER STAY THERE.

The only good thing about this hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel is perfect for trips to Boston because of its location. Rooms are a decent size and the parking is a big plus. The hotel is looking a bit tired but for the price and location, who cares !

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martin_Thierry
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Yes the hotel decor is probably a bit tired but it's ok to me, I like the way it is, less formal but still comfortable. My room was clean and spacious, the bed was good, they clean and tidy up the room everyday. Location is close to Prudential centre, Newbury st. where you can find lots of cafes and shops, Symphony and Prudential subway station were just a short walk. I was glad to finally found the Timberland store there in Newbury st. although they don't have complete selection of stuffs.

The hotel staff were helpful, I remember my roomate reported a leak in the wc tank before we left for dinner that evening, and it was fixed when we're back. I was traveling with group of 14 coworkers, the staff were always handy to help us with informations or arranging transportation, and we were given a room to keep our doubling luggage 'after some crazy shoppings' upon check out until it's time for us to leave for the airport.

Room Tip: I had my room on the first floor, I like it best, I don't know how are the rooms on above floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends