3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$349
Hotels.com$349
Expedia.com$349
FindHotel$349
Priceline$349
CheapTickets$349
1,018 results
All reviews observation deck game room time share quincy market faneuil hall historic building the north end washers and dryers living room freedom trail small kitchenette mini kitchen old state house pull out couch walking distance higher floor rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2006

We stayed at this hotel Columbus Day weekend with our two children and basically it was not worth the money we spent. The location: excellent, walkable to the Aquarium, right near Quincy Market and coffee/bagel shops. The lobby: nice lobby, friendly check -in staff and it was a very quick check-in. The room: When I called I had requested a room as high up as possible, we ended up on the 6th floor. Not a big deal, but dissapointing just the same. When we first walked in, we were happy about the size of the living room area, there was a table with four chairs, a little kitchen area with a sink and lots of cabinets, dishes, coffee pot, and microwave and refridgerator. The bedroom was tiny, barely enough room to get around the bed which we thought was hard and not very comfortable. The pull out couch was awful, our two kids slept on it, but the mattress was bent and dipped down in the center. The bathroom was okay, nice size, but could use some updating, The whole room needed to be repainted as the paint was just chipped off in a lot of areas throughout, the worst part of the room was the filthy carpets, they either need to be steam cleaned or totally replaced. After walking around in our room in clean white socks (one person had grey socks on) we noticed that the bottom of our socks were black. It was pretty disgusting. For $385 a night and $365 (AAA discount) a night, we would expect a cleaner room and a better maintained room. We would not stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank NYTraveler11
Reviewed October 10, 2006

we have stayed at the Marriott Custom House several times, starting back when it first opened. Each stay has been memorable, and we look forward to our next visit in November for thanksgiving.

Everything is perfect at this property. It is a small distance to anywhere in town, and the area around the Custom House has grown, so there are a few places to eat within a block ( there isn't a restaurant on site)

Overall you cannot miss.

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank chas1954
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We loved our 1-bed room suite and had a wonderful time... EXCEPT the noise from the street---- I didn't sleep at all and in fact we cut our trip short and left a day early. We were on the second floor and heard EVERYTHING outside from screaming kids to horns beeping all night long. I wish I had read the prior e-mail regarding outside noise, I would have asked for a room located much higher. The concierge was extremely helpful and very nice. The workout room was very small but it had very good aerobic machines to use and was very clean.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank jodibeth
Reviewed September 18, 2006

My wife and I live near Boston and decided to stay in town last week at the Marriott Custom House using a Marriott timeshare week. My wife took the week off and I commuted OUT of Boston via subway and car to my office since I wasnt able to get the time off (what a breeze to be in the opposite direction of the heavy traffic both ways!), returning evenings to enjoy the city activities. I parked at the Sullivan Square T stop and took the T back to the hotel each night for under $10 combined parking/subway fare per day.

We've found it to always be a pleasure to stay at Marriott Vacation Club properties and this one is certainly top notch. The close proximity to popular sites easily allows one to run back with purchases or grab a jacket, hop onto the T or find a cab. The harbor view is spectacular and we had an elegant 12th floor full harbor front unit from which to see the boats and city lights. An easy stoll accross the street to the Marriott Long Wharf gave us access to the harborview indoor pool and outside deck.

For dining we enjoyed the very inexpensive but delicious choices at Quincy Market and both Legal Seafood or the historic Union Oyster House offer wonderful seafood a few steps away. A highlight of our week was learning our way around the nearby North End with its array of Italian eateries. Mike's Pastry is not to be missed for mouthwatering yet inexpensive delicacies!!!!

The sales staff at Custom House was the most helpful and low key I've seen and in our experience Marriott time share reps are the most professional. Their evening owner seminars on maximizing the Interval time-share and Marriott Rewards Points programs were outstanding. It seemed like even long-time Vacation Club owners learned something new there. Thanks Tim!

We look forward to returning for another relaxing in-town vacation sometime and will certainly be checking into the Custom House when we do.

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank Mojitoland
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Location, room, comfort, style. This hotel is one of the top we have stayed in. The big king size bed, the 2 tv's the welcome kit was great. When we checked in I told reception, is this room high enough that the street noise won't affect us. They said we should be ok. Well, I don't know if the Stanley Cup or the World Series could be won in the summer but it felt like it. Wow, party animals! Fine but don't tell me the 6th floor should be OK when in fact it is one of the lowest floor...Woke the family up...Beware, ask for better than 6th floor, at least on a Saturday night. Also, bring your own food, no room service at all...
Otherwise, Boston is such a great place and the hotel was very comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2006