3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$349
Hotels.com$349
FindHotel$349
Priceline$349
CheapTickets$349
Hurb$349
1,018 results
All reviews observation deck game room time share quincy market faneuil hall historic building the north end washers and dryers living room freedom trail small kitchenette mini kitchen old state house pull out couch walking distance higher floor rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We loved our 1-bed room suite and had a wonderful time... EXCEPT the noise from the street---- I didn't sleep at all and in fact we cut our trip short and left a day early. We were on the second floor and heard EVERYTHING outside from screaming kids to horns beeping all night long. I wish I had read the prior e-mail regarding outside noise, I would have asked for a room located much higher. The concierge was extremely helpful and very nice. The workout room was very small but it had very good aerobic machines to use and was very clean.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank jodibeth
Reviewed September 18, 2006

My wife and I live near Boston and decided to stay in town last week at the Marriott Custom House using a Marriott timeshare week. My wife took the week off and I commuted OUT of Boston via subway and car to my office since I wasnt able to get the time off (what a breeze to be in the opposite direction of the heavy traffic both ways!), returning evenings to enjoy the city activities. I parked at the Sullivan Square T stop and took the T back to the hotel each night for under $10 combined parking/subway fare per day.

We've found it to always be a pleasure to stay at Marriott Vacation Club properties and this one is certainly top notch. The close proximity to popular sites easily allows one to run back with purchases or grab a jacket, hop onto the T or find a cab. The harbor view is spectacular and we had an elegant 12th floor full harbor front unit from which to see the boats and city lights. An easy stoll accross the street to the Marriott Long Wharf gave us access to the harborview indoor pool and outside deck.

For dining we enjoyed the very inexpensive but delicious choices at Quincy Market and both Legal Seafood or the historic Union Oyster House offer wonderful seafood a few steps away. A highlight of our week was learning our way around the nearby North End with its array of Italian eateries. Mike's Pastry is not to be missed for mouthwatering yet inexpensive delicacies!!!!

The sales staff at Custom House was the most helpful and low key I've seen and in our experience Marriott time share reps are the most professional. Their evening owner seminars on maximizing the Interval time-share and Marriott Rewards Points programs were outstanding. It seemed like even long-time Vacation Club owners learned something new there. Thanks Tim!

We look forward to returning for another relaxing in-town vacation sometime and will certainly be checking into the Custom House when we do.

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Mojitoland
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Location, room, comfort, style. This hotel is one of the top we have stayed in. The big king size bed, the 2 tv's the welcome kit was great. When we checked in I told reception, is this room high enough that the street noise won't affect us. They said we should be ok. Well, I don't know if the Stanley Cup or the World Series could be won in the summer but it felt like it. Wow, party animals! Fine but don't tell me the 6th floor should be OK when in fact it is one of the lowest floor...Woke the family up...Beware, ask for better than 6th floor, at least on a Saturday night. Also, bring your own food, no room service at all...
Otherwise, Boston is such a great place and the hotel was very comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank TheLintner
Reviewed August 15, 2006

This review is like so many I read before making a reservation at the Custom House - our stay totally exceeded our expectations. Our family of 4 (including 2 young children) stayed for 3 nights. The location was amazing - literally on top of Fanuel Hall and the waterfront area. Our room had amazing views and the room was a one-bedroom suite with a kitchenette with plates, glasses, etc., 2 tvs, large bathroom and tub, lots of closet space....we had friends stop by and there was plenty of room to entertain. The game room and exercise room were much better than I anticipated and having FREE laundry was a bonus (did I mention free?!). Yet another bonus was that continental breakfast was served for a minimal fee - $2.50 for a Belgian waffle was the highest price. They do not have room service. Also a lovely bar for drinks. We will never stay anywhere else when we return to Boston annually. We did miss having pay movies. It is a Vacation Club Timeshare property so you will get a call about that but they weren't pushy or bothersome. FYI - apparently they hold the higher floors for timeshare owners so they can't guarantee a high floor.

9  Thank MJWJ
Reviewed July 21, 2006

The acclaim is universal; the service, the location, the rooms. What no one has mentioned is the birds!
After a week in Maine we needed just one night for a family of four. When I asked the Marriott Waterfront if there was an alternative to renting two seperate rooms at their hotel for my wife, me and two college aged daughters, they recommended the suites in the Custom House, 650 sq. ft. of room. And the price was right, only $315.00 a night. We could not possibly have imagined how delightful the stay would be.
We occupied one of only two rooms on the 21st floor, each a suite occupying half the footprint of the building. I believe our floor was the only one that had private balconies. Not one but two overlooking Boston. But back to the birds, posted on the door of each balacony was a warning that the building was the site of a peregrine falcon nest and sure enough, we shared the 21st floor with these beautiful birds.
While one daughter read on a ledge 21 floors above the bustling town, the other daughter was busily photographing the falcons in their comings and goings. At one point the obviously unfazed falcons were seen working over a crab they had caught in the harbor, all of about 30 feet away.
Our entire stay was more than we could have expected but the highlight was our neighbors. Don't forget to look up when you are sight seeing on the 26th floor because you might see the real tenants of the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2006