“Fantastic, great place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Caj Guest House Worcester Street
Ranked #6 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Boston
Milan, Italy
“Fantastic, great place!”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I spent two months at Caj Guest House on Worcester Street. My studio was very well decorated, had a nice and comfortable sofa, cable tv, wireless internet, a kitchen with all the appliances one might need, a comfy bed, a nice bathroom, and amazing lighting with three windows that made the whole place look very homey when the sun was shining. I felt right at home, also thanks to Walter and Laura that took good care of me.
The street is very quiet and the neighborhood friendly and convenient. The T is just a couple of blocks away and there's plenty of very nice restaurants in the area.
I'd love to return and spend some more time at Caj!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The CAJ House was recommended by a friend, and it was everything they said it would be. Good location, great price, and totally suited for my needs. Management was flexible and understanding with my changing schedule.
Thanks Walter and Mike!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank aaronboricua
columbia, sc
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed at Caj house on Worcester this summer and it was wonderful. The price is great for all that you get. Worcester is located close to two parallel running main streets; Tremont and Washington. So, when you leave Caj house…it doesn’t matter if you go left or right….either way…. you are just a few blocks away from the all the restaurants and shops that the exciting Southend has to offer. The street is so quiet and yet you can get to the busier streets in minutes. There is an old world Victorian feel to the building and street, and the entry to Caj house is very inviting. The location never left me stranded because transportation is just around the corner. The management is exceptional. They always respond to any call and go out of their way to help out-of-towners traveling to Boston for the first time. The apartments are clean and cozy. I would stay there again and again. I was in Boston studying and attending a stressful training program. At the end of the day… I went home to Caj house on Worcester and it was indeed my safe haven…a place to relax and enjoy the view. Walter, the owner and Mike, guest services, are great guys and always there to help the tenants. Do yourself a favor….if you go to Boston, stay at CAJ house!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed May 28, 2010

During my recent business trip to Boston, I had the opportunity to stay both at CAJ House Tremont Street and at this other CAJ guest house, on Worcester Street. I thought both were great places to stay in terms of sheer value for money (I've given the Tremont Street building an excellent rating as well), but somehow CAJ House Worcester Street really captured a corner of my heart - mostly, I think, because I just really loved my apartment. It had just the right mix - homey decor, lots of space, a great view of the street, just a great feel overall. This CAJ House is also on a (much) shorter, less busy and quieter street than the other one, and while I loved both, staying here was a little more peaceful and restful.

My comments on CAJ Tremont Street also apply to this guest house, so I won't repeat them here, but I'll just add a few words about the management, who are very competent, decent and kind people. I really loved staying here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Maxxe80
Boston area
Reviewed February 23, 2010

A ten-minute walk to music at Jordan Hall, Symphony, Berklee Performance Center, and the inestimable Wally's Cafe. Ten minutes also gets you to theater at Huntington Theatre, Boston Center for the Arts, and the Lyric Stage. Plus about a dozen of the best restaurants in Boston. This in one of the neighborhoods the AIA guide calls "the largest surviving examples of Victorian architecture in the United States."

Our studio was quiet, clean, and pleasantly furnished. The kitchen was semi-microscopic, but everything worked. It was easy to work with the staff, who were very accomodating about our off-hours arrival and departure. All in all an exceptionally pleasant place to stay in a wonderful location at a reasonable price.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank perpetualpedestrian
Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed at Apt 11, Worcester St for 2 months from Feb to April and felt right at home in the spacious and well furnished apartment. It contained everything promised on the website, and looked exactly the same! Kudos for honest advertising. I loved the view of the street in different weather - sunrise, sunset, snow and sun! The tree right outside the window fascinated me... pity i didn't get to see it in full foliage in Spring.

The worst thing about it was lugging my heavy luggage up the narrow staircase, but once that was over, I had no problems making myself a home away from home for 2 months. With wireless internet connection, i could truly stay in touch with home from the dining room table.

Heating was a little unpredictable but i never had to go cold. And Walter and Mike were most helpful and friendly, coming to my help soon as i called.

As a solo female traveller, i felt safe in the environs with nearby convenience stores.
To get around, i recommend the Silver line close by on Washington Street which has connections to the other lines. I also walked almost everywhere - with the Symphony Hall, Prudential Shops all within walking distance. Also surrounded by excellent restaurants in the South End (albeit a bit pricey), it's an excellent location if you don't plan to cook.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank sgwanderer
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2009

This is the 2nd time I've stayed in the CAJ house (last year I stayed for a week in the Tremont St house). The Worcester St house is a little bit further away from the city and the restuarants on Tremont/Columbus Ave when compared to the Tremont St house, but the walk is very nice, and the 43 bus on Tremont or the silver line on Washington is very close by. And the area these 2 houses are in (the South End) is a very trendy place with beautiful brownstone buildings, cafes, shops and bars.

The CAJ house management are wonderful - very friendly and helpful. The apartment my husband and I stayed in (# 11) is beautiful. It is on the 3nd floor (up 2 flights of stairs), faces the back alley with the most amazing view. You can see the John Hancock and the Prudential towers through some beautiful trees.

The area is very quiet, and the school across the road poses no problems at all. Closeby (5-10min walk) are some very nice restaurants: in the Tremont St/Columbus Ave "Restaurant row" and in the SoWa area (South of Washington St) on Washington and Harrison Sts.

I highly recommend this place (or Tremont St CAJ house) if you are going to stay in Boston for more than 1 week. This time, we stayed for 1 month, and it was just so great to feel comfortable (like being in your home away from home). It's a great convenience to have a full kitchen, and the bathroom is modern and the place is clean. The washer and dryer in the building are also a nice touch ($1.75 per go, just make sure you have enough quarters - but there are some laundrettes closeby where you can get change from change machines - even though you're not really meant to!). And the free highspeed internet was very convenient (although sometimes the internet was very slow - mostly during "peak" hours when everyone else in the house was also using it).

In the whole time we stayed here, we didn't feel cramped or uncomfortable. A great experience!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple