“XV Beacon was a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston
“XV Beacon was a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the XV Beacon recently and from the minute we got out of our car (valet right at the entrance) to the minute we left the service/staff was exceptional. The rooms were beautiful and very clean and much larger than we expected from a historical building. There wasn't anything that had been left out, from the stereo playing when we entered the room to the weather report for the next day sitting on the night stand! The hotel is located right in the heart of Boston next to the Common and a few minutes walk to the waterfront, the possibilities are endless for restaurants and night life. We would definitely go back to this hotel, combined with the location we had a great experience!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Upton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed at XV Beacon Hotel last night and absolutely loved it. From the minute we drove up and throughout our stay, we were very well taken care of. Josh, the conceriege, was so helpful and attentive, the room was beautiful and had everything we needed, the roof-top jacuzzi and garden was a nice surprise which we took advantage of and the location was just perfect - situated right between Newbury St. and Fanueil Hall. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

When I get back to Boston, there's no question that my preferred place to stay is XV Beacon. I've been there a few times and each stay has been great. The rooms are excellent- I love the fireplaces. The location is very good for working in the Financial District and central for walking around the city for social pursuits. Their in-house car service is a nice touch as well for going out to dinner when its available. If you are going to Boston and don't stay at XV Beacon, you are really missing out.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
st catharines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

Would I recommend XV Beacon to a friend? Absolutely...and I do!
My frequent business trips to Boston have, over many years, given me occassion to visit many hotels. Most are five star and all, are excellent but you see, XV Beacon is superlative "value". Simply stated, it's my favorite hotel in the world.. The way I see it, if value is the intersecting point of service and price, these guys at XV Beacon have it "nailed" ! Do I sound passionate ? It's because they deserve this kind of asertive recommendation! They'll meet every need of every customer. At least, that has been my experience.

Brian Babcock,
St Catharines, On., Canada

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Had occasion to remain in town on business one evening and decided to stay at XV Beacon. This is a 1st class destination. From the moment you walk in, the staff is pleasant and accomodating. I was provided an upgrade without even asking for it. The rrom was beautiful and had all the amenities, including a fireplace and flat screen. The robe was luxurious and the towels were big and absorbent. Even the shower head was big and the pressure was great. Finally, I ordered room swervice which arrived right on time, was perfectly done and more than my appetite could accomodate. After having stayed at the new Ritz and the Four Seasons, this is my new 1st choice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

The level of personalized attention and service provided by the staff of XV Beacon is without compare. The dark wood and soft hues are very soothing and sophisticated. XV Beacon is in a perfect location right near the park, great restaurants and bars. Small enough to feel like your own townhouse and large enough to provide all the amenities. And a great restaurant and bar right in the hotel. The only place I would consider staying when I travel to Boston.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

My husband and I have been staying at XV Beacon since it opened and feel it's the best hotel in Boston. The service and staff are excellent and our room had everything in it and then some. The view was spectacular form our King room.

We ate at Mooo and thoroughly enjoyed it -the food and service were a 10.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple