“#1 in boston for sure”
Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I must say, from the time you check into the hotel, till you leave, as everyone else states in trip advisor, this should be rated the number 1 hotel in boston.

Such amazing rooms and clean and new.
Lovely and spacious room, i would stay in this hotel if i ever come to boston again.

I really liked the rooms and style and service. A big YES

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for XV Beacon

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Just arrived home from a New England journey with family from Italy and this was our last stop. The XV Beacon was really wonderful, small boutique hotel. We enjoyed our stay in Boston and the hotel was very accommodating with our needs. The rooms are a nice size, but not too big. Great bathrooms and nice walk in marble showers. After a day of walking the Freedom Trail, we came back and enjoyed a few bottles of Champagne on the roof top patio. Nice size for many and the views are fantastic of the city. The furniture is comfortable and a great place to wind down before a lovely dinner on the town. We had a third bed(rollaway) brought into our room for our 14 yr. old. It fit nicely and was a perfect size for him. The regular price for this 5 star hotel is up there, but I was able to stay here on this visit( had two rooms) with a Travel zoo promotion, which helped when traveling up the coast and needing many rooms. Budgetary purposes. Great place and centrally located for all the city walking and touring.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane K
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I was here a few weeks ago and stay here every time I'm in boston. I am a boutique hotel kinda girl and this place is perfect. I love the view and the service is spot on every time. I come here for work so the car service is what set this place apart. I know other hotels have it, but not as accessible as the Beacon. They are so accommodating with this amenity .

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Neighborlov
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was in Boston for a long weekend and found XV Beacon to be a welcome refuge from the throngs of tourists walking about. The room was well appointed and very comfortable and quiet, albeit a bit small (bed and storage). The staff were most helpful and always greeted us cheerfully. The hotel's location is perfect to kick off (and return from) a walking tour Boston. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We booked this charming hotel for a 6 night break in Boston, during late November and early December and had a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived, we knew that we had made the right choice - an expensive choice, but well worth every penny!
Staff are all great and very accommodating and the house limos are very useful.
The rooms and studios are absolutely fab with a great range of amenities - my favourite was the built in fireplace ….. so atmospheric! Loved the house toiletry range (best lip balm I've ever used and extremely useful in December!) and the luxurious Frette linens.
We enjoyed breakfast in the hotel's restaurant every morning and booked dinner in MOO restaurant on one occasion - we enjoyed a great meal but it was rather too busy for our liking.
I could go on and on about this fantastic, perfectly located hotel but, suffice to say, I thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a first class hotel in a Boston that has warmth and magic.
I'm certainly intending on revisiting this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fireplace - well worth the money!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PinkPeeps
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We stay at the XV Beacon every year during our summer family vacation
We love it every time. The rooms are great, the location also. Deceive is wonderful. The whole staff is extremely helpful. The house car will take you everywhere in Boston. The concierge helped us put several times including for a car rental.
A must in Boston

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank jbeebee
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I travel for a living and spend way to much time in Hotel rooms. I would stay for as long as they would allow me in this one. The Hotel is very charming and well appointed. The amenities are first class and the staff are amazing. You feel transformed into your own world of luxury once you enter the hotel. It is not over the top but just enough understated elegance and warmth to make your stay a magical one. Great location, wonderful town car service and most important, great fluffy pillows. We could have stayed in bed all day!!! I high recommend this to any couple looking to get away within a wonderful city like Boston

Room Tip: Go for the Beacon Hill Studio, you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple