“Trendy, Most Enjoyable in a Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boca Raton, Florida
“Trendy, Most Enjoyable in a Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We use the American Express Platinum Fine Hotel and Resort Program. I the case of XV Beacon hotel in Boston, we always get an upgrade to a suite. Some have been crazy with a second room complete with large fireplace and dining table.

In any event. This hotel is a nice as a boutique hotel gets. The rooms are beautiful. They are of generous size and extremely well decorated.

The staff is as helpful as you will see anywhere. The hotel is located in a spot in Boston from which you can walk anywhere, and we have often.

Don't stay anywhere else in Boston! We've stayed at more expensive (sometimes off the charts) hotels, but they don't hold a candle to this Beacon Hill gem.

Their restaurant is great too. If this is a romantic getaway, have a great meal, plenty to drink, and walk a few steps to the elevator!

Room Tip: This part of Beacon street is pretty quiet. I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hospitality has been re-imagined at XV Beacon. From the moment you see the understated yet elegant entrance, you know that this is a special place. But that is only the beginning to a stay that is both luxurious and memorable. The rooms are a treat with sumptuous linens atop a feather bed, and all the high-end amenities you might expect from a 5 star hotel. Returning to your room after an evening on the town, you are greeted by your personal fireplace glowing and soft music playing in the background. I haven't slept this good in years!

But what truly sets the XV Beacon apart is the staff. From hard-to-get tables at popular restaurants, to the car service available to whisk you around town, it is as if the goal of everyone is to make you feel as if you are royalty. As I leave Boston today, I feel as if I am saying goodbye to my new extended family at the XV Beacon. Maybe I can simply leave my things for the next time I am in town? I am sure at XV Beacon they would figure out a way to accommodate my request.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Great Beacon Hill location within walking distance of the major sights, Boston Common and Back Bay shopping district. Large, quiet, well appointed bedrooms and stylish bar and restaurant. Friendly, helpful reception and concierge staff. Would be very happy to return.

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

It has been 40 years since my last trip to Boston and I was bringing my best friend ( British ) to see Boston. From the minute we were on the sidewalk outside the hotel to the moment we were dropped of by our driver at the train station, I couldn't have been more pleased. The entire staff was incredibly helpful and pleasant. Our room overlooked Boston Commons and it was comfortable, roomy and spotlessly clean! I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveling to Boston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel has a good location - just across the street from the Boston Common (a wonderful place for a stroll), close to a primary T stop (Park St.), and a short walk from many good restaurants on Charles Street. The rooms and bathrooms are small and my room was a bit dark, but they are very clean, nicely appointed, extremely quiet and comfortable (fantastic beds!). The hotel staff is warm, welcoming and helpful. Everyone I encountered was quite friendly and I appreciated the wonderful restaurant recommendations. This is a lovely boutique hotel and my experience was quite positive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

lovely first hotel on stay in Boston before touring New England in the fall 2011. Unfortunately we hit the winter storms the whipped out the interior so this was the highlight of the trip, nice staff, excellent restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stay at XV Beacon whenever I get up to Boston which is a few times a year. I am a business traveler. I feel like it is my Boston home away from home with family included. The staff is so accommodating, genuinely nice, and really makes you feel special. The rooms are first class, spacious, and very elegant. GM Ms. Amy F goes well above and beyond the call of duty to ensure EVERY guest is happy and comfortable. I brought a group of perspective clients to the hotel a few months ago and told GM Amy. She added so many special touches to their stay (on my behalf) I can honestly say she attributed to us closing the deal. Give XV Beacon a try...you will NOT be disappointed! --A savvy NY traveler

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business