“Want to feel special? Stay at XVBeacon”
Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“Want to feel special? Stay at XVBeacon”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stay at XV Beacon whenever I get up to Boston which is a few times a year. I am a business traveler. I feel like it is my Boston home away from home with family included. The staff is so accommodating, genuinely nice, and really makes you feel special. The rooms are first class, spacious, and very elegant. GM Ms. Amy F goes well above and beyond the call of duty to ensure EVERY guest is happy and comfortable. I brought a group of perspective clients to the hotel a few months ago and told GM Amy. She added so many special touches to their stay (on my behalf) I can honestly say she attributed to us closing the deal. Give XV Beacon a try...you will NOT be disappointed! --A savvy NY traveler

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

From the moment we arrived we couldnt ask for more, great service, friendly staff and superb rooms and even the staff offering to send a car to fenway park to pick up a red sox jersey for us, the loan of the ipads to finish my red sox shopping was a great bonus.. Going to boston?? This is a must stay at hotel.... Will certainly be back again!! Food in the hotels own moo resteraunt was amazing too... Thanks to the ladies and gents there for making it a superb trip all the way from england...

• Stayed May 2013
VT
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and our son have been staying here once or twice a year for the last ten years. I am constantly amazed by the reception we receive upon our return every time. They have had numerous staff members working there for at least that long, and that, to me , says volumes about what kind of hotel they run. The rooms are always impeccable, surpassed only by the service. On our last visit, I ordered sushi from the place next door(beautiful), and my wife ordered from the menu at Moo, their restaurant. The steak dinner that arrived on that room service cart was stunning. They may as well have made it in the hallway with how fresh it was upon arrival. My wife actually took a picture of it to send to the GM, but I don't think she ever did. My son and I took the house car over to East Boston to go to Santarpio's for pizza, what a great time. There is nothing quite like getting dropped off at a joint like that in a luxury sedan with a private driver, and then getting a ride back when you roll on out full of pizza and beer! Last year we came down to see John Williams at the symphony, and we got dropped off right at the front door. I called at the ovation, and within 15 minutes of people watching out front, up rolled Mark in the house car to pluck us from the cab-hailing madness. We love it because we are so close to all of our favorite things. So convenient to walk to just about anything. Although sometimes, we hardly even leave the room all weekend. We've strayed away on two other visits to Boston(XVB was booked), and I now make my reservations well in advance so that never happens again. In my opinion, it gives the guest a sense of welcome that no other luxury hotel in downtown can match. Can't wait to visit this fall.

Room Tip: All of the front rooms are wonderful, but the corner rooms with the view of the Common are truly spe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Th XV Beacon is one of if not my favourite hotel in the world, not because it is flash or offers anything fancy but it offers a home from home feel!
The staff are curtious and always wiiling to help. Nothing is ever a problem.
The rooms are spotless and very comfortable, offering all the services and even a real fire for those winter nights.
Location is perfect for anything you want to do in Boston.
Give it a go and see what you think!
The only thing that I wish the hotel did have would be a pool/spa, although they do have a well equiped gym.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank asofocleous
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We live in the area but wanted our kids to be able to experience the Boston fireworks without the crowds. XV Beacon has a roof deck that worked very well. It was a little crowded but it was beautiful to see the fireworks exploding right next to the State House.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pulling up to the XV Beacon is better than coming home! My favorite hotel in the US. Staff is amazing- accomodating- friendly and totally ahead of anything I ever need!
The rooms are beautiful- (updates are lovely) warm and relaxing- everything from the products to the sheets and amazing cozy blanket on the bed are simply lovely.
The rooms are spotless- (so is the gym) and I love the roof garden.
Best best best hotel in Boston. Period

Room Tip: Any room works- they all have wonderful beds - I have stayed there many times - and the fireplaces a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Spacious and beautiful rooms with every creature comfort you desire. Roomy and pretty bathrooms. Incredible food and room service. The concierge took wonderful care of us from getting us ball game tickets to making us dinner reservations. The hotel is in an excellent and central location but quiet. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013