“First Class Experience”

Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“First Class Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at XV Beacon this past weekend and we did not want to leave. The finest example of a Boutique Hotel. Nothing was overlooked, great decor, amazing employees in an intimate setting and a fantastic location. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine by the fantastic fireplace... The bathroom and amenities were extremely well done! Thank you and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

XV Beacon is a hotel that makes you feel really at home with a comfy fire place. The rooms are quite small but big enough for a family. If you are looking to go there for Christmas you would really enjoy it everyone is so friendly and jolly. If you are just getting away for some peace and quiet XV beacon Is just the place you need.

Room Tip: I would advise room 1006. On the 10 floor it is quiet gets good sunlight and no noise. The swimming...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NicoleW670
Rocky Point, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I had three wonderful days/nights in this great boutique hotel. The room was terrific, the amenities first rate and the gas fireplace lent a wonderful touch for Christmas. The staff cannot be beaten for attention to detail. Once you arrive you are never overlooked even if it is just a "Good Morning" or "Welcome Back." Room service morning coffee arrived faster than I can make it at home. The Lexus courtesy car was an a great convenience for getting to dinner and back. The hotel's restaurant (Mooo) is delightful and we had a breakfast, lunch and dinner there. This getaway was a Christmas gift to ourselves and we enjoyed it no end.....and nothing to wrap! We look forward to our next stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My Wife and I stayed over night on December 22nd for our wedding anniversary and yet again could not have been more happy. The exceptional service begin even before we arrived, emails from the staff ensured we would have a great stay, thanks Kate and Amy! Our special occasion was recognized by on several instances during our stay, from personalized items left in our room to complimentary dessert at Mooo...(which is fantastic, eat there!). I could go on and on in my review but you have to experience XV Beacon and all it offers to truly be able to appreciate it. You would be missing out staying somewhere else in the city. We will be back again soon for another unique, intimate stay!

1 Thank Nicholas B
Louisville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I checked in,I noticed that the refrigerator smelled like salmon (when I went to get a drink from minibar). I did not think much about it because I was so tired from traveling. I left my bag and went to grab a late lunch and shop.

After shopping, I came back and ordered room service dinner. Then, I opened the refrigerator. The smell was overwhelming. I stooped and looked inside and there was an old piece of bread with salmon on it!

I called downstairs and there response was "we will send someone up".

Finally, when they brought my dinner someone came to remove the salmon. The refrigerator was never cleaned. Nothing was ever said. If I did not have a meeting early in the morning, I would have asked to change rooms or something. But, I was so exhausted.

There were a couple of other little things (instead of one thing on room service menu, they brought something else by mistake). Many times there was no bellman. In fact in the morning, there was just the front desk oerson (who hailed a cab for me).

The courtesy car was nice and the driver was incredibly nice. The rooms were nice (a little dark),andt the bed was wonderful.

I wanted to like this place, but there were a couple of things that got in the way

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank LouisvilleWildcatfan
XVBGM, General Manager at XV Beacon, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for your review and although disappointing to read, I appreciate your feedback. Your observations and opinions are very important in helping to make our hotel a success. I completely understand the level of service expected and strive to exceed it. Unfortunately, we fell short of providing you a perfect experience. Please know our entire housekeeping team has been spoken with and retrained. Room service was addressed as well. I am glad you enjoyed the beds and our courtesy Lexus house car service. Again, thank you for comments so we can continue to make improvements. I do hope you slect to stay with us again to thoroughly enjoy our property.
Regards,
Amy Finsilver
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the XV Beacon for an overnight in November to celebrate our 14th anniversary. The hotel was easy to find (we loved being so close to Beacon Hill), the room beautiful and the staff attentive and thoughtful. From the doormen to the servers in the restaurant - everyone was lovely and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed a relaxing 24-hours that was over far too quickly. We look forward to our next trip to XV Beacon.

Room Tip: We didn’t use the spa or pool - but I would guess - they are as wonderful as the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Natick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at XV Beacon last weekend. It was not our first stay and as usual it was fabulous...what a wonderful place to stay! It is a boutique hotel located on Beacon Hill. It is walking distance to the State House, the Common, Newbury Street, the Theater District and many great restaurants. If you prefer not to walk you can always request use of the house car. The staff is always available and attentive without being overbearing. It is beautifully decorated and outstanding in every regard. Our room is always immaculately clean and well appointed. I love the toiletries, the jet tub, cashmere throw and luxurious bath robes. I loved the robe so much we bought one. The beds are very comfortable and the lack of street noise encourages sleeping in. We had breakfast in the morning at the attached restaurant Moo. It is our favorite place to have breakfast. Try the sumptuous thick french toast, with caramelized bananas and the apple wood smoked bacon. One order of bacon is enough for two, but we always order two sides so we can take some home. There is a cozy outdoor deck and a few pieces of exercise equipment. We will definitely continue to stay at XV Beacon again and again.

1 Thank L G