“Phenomenal Accommodations”

Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Phenomenal Accommodations”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed at VX Beacon for our 20th Anniversary. The staff was extremely accommodating from the moment we arrived. From Valet to check-in to Concierge to Bellman...everything was superb. Just what you should expect from an upscale, boutique hotel. Located in the historic Beacon Hill area of Boston VX Beacon is located near everything you'd need. Museums, the New England Aquarium, shopping, fine dining establishments, the Theatre District, Historic Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, Boston's Financial District, the Seaport District, etc. The rooms are impeccably clean and spacious. We had a corner unit with six huge windows. The bedding is fresh and comfortable. The shower has plenty of pressure. Our room had a jacuzzi tub. There were a small color tv in the bathroom. His and her plush robes. The towels were quality grade heavy cotton and since I'm not a small guy I have to make this statement..."It covered me well...with room to spare!" I believe that is very import. I have to say that VX Beacon truly superseded all of my expectations. If you go to their website you will see a picture of the room that we stayed in. "As good as it looks in the picture is as good as it looks in person." As a travel agent I would recommend VX Beacon to all my clients looking for a nice boutique hotel. By the way, they had no idea that I was a travel agent, therefore they couldn't treat me any different from the way they would treat anyone else!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthonytonemorgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed March 7, 2011

What a fabulous hotel! XV Beacon is conveniently located just off Boston Common near the State house and near the Park Street T station (Access to both the Red and the Green Line).

We stayed in a spacious corner junior suite. The room was huge and beautifully appointed. I was traveling with my teenage daughter visiting colleges and this room provided us with ample space to stretch out and relax after a long day of walking. The Fireplace was such a welcome luxury as it was cold and snowy during our visit.

The front desk staff are so friendly and helpful and the concierge Julie was a huge help in planning travel time, etc.

I used to travel to Boston frequently on Business and the old Ritz (now the Taj) was my favorite. But the service at the Taj is not what I had come to expect from the old Ritz and I was sorely disappointed on my last visit. Fortunately, XV Beacon has recaptured much of the grace of "old Boston", but in a new and totally updated environment. Can't wait go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Noank, CT
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I will keep this short and sweet, because the other posts have covered most of the bases. This was our second time staying at the small boutique hotel. Do not hesitate to book a room here. The rooms and bathrooms are beautiful, staff helpful but not intrusive. Great location. We relaxed and felt pampered all weekend. Room service was excellent and delivered promptly. Kudos to the XV Beacon team.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Connecticut USA
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Had a great stay at XV during February this year for 3 nights. The location is fantastic. They are right on the edge of Boston Common and right next to the state house.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Upon arrival we found out that the drain in our jetted tub was not working right. I put in a call to the front desk and within 3 minutes, (no lie) they were there fixed the problem and were out within 6 minutes.

We stayed in a studio. It had a King bed with a stereo system throughout the room and bathroom. There was a gas fireplace and great views of the city. I read one review that complained that they could see into the building across the street. It's a city people! come on! The sheets were very soft and there was turn down service every night. They also turned on the stereo at this time to some easy listening music which was nice to come back to.
The concierge Jule was a great help for setting up appointments and suggestions for restaurants. She was also a big help in getting us the hotel car for a few trips around the city. All of the drivers we had were great; friendly and professional.
Housekeeping did a great job during our entire stay, even organizing my shoes for me every day.
I have very few negatives to say about this hotel. While they did have an iPod dock it would have been nice to have it tied into the stereo system. Also, the fireplace is tied into the heating system so it shuts off when the room gets too warm and we had issues trying to find a balance trying to keep the room cool enough to be able to enjoy. I figured out that we need to crack the window a little to get it right, but I think there should be a better way.
All in all we loved our stay. A quick tip, head down to the Lush store on Newberry and pick up a bath bomb before hitting the jetted tub.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I grew up in Roslindale. I lived two doors away from The Public Garden on Arlington Street. I went to Boston Latin School and thought I knew everything there was to know about my hometown.

XV Beacon exceeded my every expectation.

Whenever I visit BeanTown, it is my new home away from home.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband and I had such a memorable stay at your hotel. We cannot stop bragging about our stay at XV Beacon. The added touches were remarkable, such as sending slice of chocolate cake and a bottle of wine to our room in celebration of my husband's birthday. What a great surprise and so very thoughtful. He especially love the personalized card as well. Our room was cozy, romantic, roomy and  luxurious all in one. We loved the soft pillows and comfy robes, and the fireplace added the warmth of home.  The chauffeur service was also a nice touch, it added such class to your hotel, and to our stay.  We have stayed at a few hotels in Boston, because we like to try different places. But I think we have found our home away from home. Our 9th year wedding anniversary is approaching (October 6), and we made plans to come back to XV Beacon to celebrate our special moment. Thank you and all your staff ( especially Johnathan at the concierge desk), for a weekend we will always remember.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. The staff was accommodating on a rainy night driving us where ever we wanted/needed to go. Our room came with champagne and rose peddles setting the mood for a long over do romantic weekend with my husband who business keeps away from me too much. I thank you and the staff for going out of your way to make our time a special one. We will be sure to come back and share our experience with everyone including those reading this right now.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple