“Seaport is the best in Boston!”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 11, 2014

After staying at various hotels in Boston I recently had my 2nd stay at the Seaport Hotel. One great experience could be a fluke but now I've had 2 experiences that have been exactly the same - fantastic! The staff is eager to help and extremely friendly. We ate at the restaurant each morning for breakfast and also spent a decent amount of time at the bar ... the food is excellent and the bartenders were fun as well. I also love the fact that it's a tip inclusive hotel and don't have to constantly ensure that I have cash on hand. The gym/pool area is huge and has enough equipment to satisfy whatever you're in to. I also like the location ... 15 min to the airport and walking distance to the North Side, the Financial District and of course the harbor area attractions are right out the front door. When you factor in everything I also believe it's a good value for the overall cost.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were recently renovated - extremly clean and functional. They actually renovate th...
1  Thank Todd H

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Having stayed several times at the Westin Waterfront, which is a couple of blocks from this hotel, I know and like the area, and find it a better place to stay than in downtown, where the hotels are older.

I found the Seaport a very well-run business-oriented hotel. Check-in was quick (though the lady who checked me in could have slowed down her delivery of all the features a bit!), and I was given a room on the 10th floor. Rooms are spacious, and very well-appointed. Wi-fi is free, and they have free bottles of water, which come in handy to keep by the bedside. Also, I was very impressed by the thoughtful placement of outlets by the bed, on both bedside tables. The lack of outlets is probably my biggest frustration with hotels claiming to be business friendly - some of them assume you'll sit at the tiny desk to work, but most of us use our laptops in bed, especially when we're catching up on work late evening after the meetings are over, so outlets within reach of the bed are very useful. Another reason for bedside outlets is for charging phones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses my phone as an alarm, and being able to keep it on the bedside table while its charging is important. I wish more hotels understood this - I spend way too much time moving furniture to get to outlets, or wishing I had brought an extension cord!

Anyway, back to the Seaport. My original room was next to the elevator, and I found it a tad noisy, but a request to the front desk the next morning got me a new room within minutes, with an offer to move my carry-on, even though the hotel was quite full.

The location is excellent - public transport is right next to the hotel, its a nice walk along the waterfront to downtown if you like walking, its VERY convenient to get to/from the airport, and getting on the major highways north or south is also very easy, and avoids the congestion of downtown Boston.

Plenty of good restaurants in the area, including Legal Seafoods, and several have great harbor views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
1  Thank visual
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I attended and presented at a few workshop sessions for the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) Conference in this hotel. It is located within walking distance of the Boston Convention & Exhibit Center. The hotel felt a bit airy at times, as it was difficult to find staff on the upper lobby and mezzanine levels where the conference rooms were. I thought there would have been more going on there for it to be branded "world trade center". I probably would not stay at this hotel when visiting Boston again.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were very impressed with the quality and comfort of the hotel and the friendly staff. The business office made it easy to get boarding passes in seconds. Complimentary WiFi and newspaper was a plus. It was in short walking distance to the Convention Center and near the T. We would highly recommend the Seaport Boston Hotel!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a conference in Boston, and we stayed in a corner suite on the 12th floor overlooking the water. Each day we had amazing views to greet us. We could not have asked for more from the Seaport. From the beginning, they allowed us to get to our room early afternoon, the concierge was repeatedly of great assistance, and the wait staff was always attentive to anything you needed. The location of the Seaport is great too, in that you are right at a commuter rail stop and a 7-Eleven is across the street for quick snacks.
When in Boston again, we would definitely stay at the Seaport. Wonderful, wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Corner suite on a higher floor overlooking the water
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgian30240
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for your review and for selecting Seaport. Our Concierge team is knowledgeable and a wonderful resource for our guests. I am pleased to hear you found them helpful. As you mentioned, waking up to our harbor and city views provide a relaxing way to ease into the day. We do hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you to Boston.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The company I consult for booked a conference room at the Seaport Hotel. I expected the ordinary but was greeted by the extraordinary. From the beautiful flowers in the lobby to the wonderful staff this hotel was amazing. My colleagues and I discussed the "eye for detail" in every aspect from soap to lotion. Not a single detail was lacking and everything was accomplished with elegance and flare. I barely felt like I was working. I am planning on returning to Boston with my husband to enjoy this beautifully renovated, fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Harbor view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The staff at the Seaport Boston Hotel could not have been nicer and more accommodating. There were no requests that they did not gladly accommodate. The facilities are clean and comfortable, and we greatly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family