“Great time in s.boston”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Beth &i booked a room in late January for my birthday ..being from nj it was a long ride but when we found the seaport on the 1st lucky shot we pulled up to the door & the man there was very helpful check in was a breeze everyone was realy nice. When we got to the room it was very clean & the view was fantastic all in all the visit was a great visit so we are goin to book a room in sept of 14 just to finish seein all the rest of s.boston ... Oh 1 thing why does the parking have to be so expensive??? Wish it didn't cost so much but I will be back again ...very nice! Love the seaport !!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,970)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very quiet, renovated rooms with great views of Boston Harbor. Across from Boston World Trade Center, in Seaport district, an up and coming area between downtown and south Boston. Note: neither the area nor the hotel is particularly family friendly. The main hotel restaurant, Tamo,has excellent food and well trained staff but converts to loud bar at night. The pool closes at 8pm on Saturdays and Sunday, presumably because it is on the same floor as the main convention space.

Room Tip: Harbor facing rooms have cool view of Logan airport.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Iwas here for a trade show and this hotel was booked for us by my company. First off, there is no tipping allowed anywhere at this hotel. Tips are included in the cost of everything with an 18% Surcharge on all food and beverages. Tips offered will be refused.
I was provided a room on the top floor in a newly renovated section of the hotel with a view over Boston Harbor that was perfect to look across from my room as the sun rose in the morning. The hotel takes some of the best features of European Hotels and blends them expertly with American standards. Did I mention the pillows? The huge walk in shower, the amble room, Coffee that actually tastes like coffee in the room, extremely comfortable beds, Bose Music Wave System, plug-in's on the side of the nightstand you can reach, a desk that is extremely functional with good lighting and a comfortable chair. Honestly, there is not one thing I could find to change about the hotel part of my 3 night visit. As an added plus, I came to Boston without a coat. I wanted to go to the gift shop and buy a sweater or jacket, but it was closed. The front desk person retrieved a key and opened the shop for me to hopefully find what I needed.
The hotel bar staff was expert and they make a very nice beverage. The restaurant was good, but strange that with a major convention in town, it was closed on Sunday evening. We did get a burgers and assorted foods from the bar and they were extremely good.
The only reason for not giving an excellent has to do with what I would consider common sense. Our trade convention is extremely large and starts on Sunday. Most of us who work the show must be there by 7 am to set up on that first day. Yet, on Sunday nothing opens in the hotel till 7 am, even the Starbucks Kiosk opens too late to even grab a cup of coffee on the way out. I would think when the hotel is completely sold out, it would adjust its schedules a bit to accommodate those who need a little something something earlier than their traditional Sunday customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the renovated section of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Fran and I decided to visit the Flower Show and then decided, "Why not stay overnight?" We did a cold search on the internet of places to stay near the convention center and LUCKED onto this hotel. Being our first visit to that location, we made a few passes before we noticed the sign for Seaport Hotel on the same sign for Convention Center parking - of course we drove in....and, of course, we found a parking spot 2 spaces from the elevator for the hotel's lobby.
Check in was handled by this wonderfully warm, gracious and efficient young lady (wish we remembered her name) - she is definitely the poster girl for front desk attendants.
Our room was brand new - it even smelled fresh - the bed was very comfortable, the linens appeared to be new, we could adjust the temperature in the room, the carpeting, the furniture, the tasteful decor - all great.....and the view of Boston Harbor!!! enough said!
When you are in Boston, anywhere near the waterfront, the north end, or haymarket area, you owe it to yourself to stay here and experience this terrific place.
Easily 5+ stars....

Room Tip: We asked for a short walk to the elevators and not too high. Ended up in the first room from the el...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I can't say enough about my stay at the Seaport Boston Hotel. The staff was very professional yet personable and the service was not underachieved nor over the top, which made my stay very comfortable. In addition, my room offered all the accommodations needed for a relaxing evening. And what a view of Boston (both water and city) from my recently renovated room! The design was so well done that I would like all of the materials used in the room for my home. I will definitely stay at the Seaport on all my visits to Boston. Thanks to all Seaport Hotel staff for the great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great design and comfort, and, of course, the best views. If you need a late nigh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Enjoyed the updated rooms. Clean, freshly decorated in soothing style. Friendly staff from beginning to end. Easy parking although at a cost, save money by parking yourself. Parking good for all day after checkout a plus. Walking distance to lots of seafood restuarants and any event at Seaport center. Wanted to stay longer just to enjoy the room. Coffee pod machine in room well stocked. Would only suggest they illuminate the makeup mirror in bathroom. Otherwise it was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank pmfloraldesign
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your review and for selecting Seaport. We appreciate your feedback, and are pleased to learn that you appreciated our new, renovated guest rooms. If your travels bring you back to Boston, we do hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at the Seaport on a business trip. The staff is very professional and the business center was very helpful. Close to some great restaurants. There is a shuttle right out the door that takes you downtown. The Silver line was easy to hop on and not far from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business