“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel with free wifi. I have been to Boston before and stayed at the Hyatt Harborside. This hotel was a gem. It had really good reviews and I booked a weekend with my family for the Easter weekend in 2013. I was so happy I did. The hotel is so beautiful and the staff unbelievable. I am a freak about cleanliness and tho hotel was superior. Everything about it was clean and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. Their Easter brunch was booked but they ended up getting us a table so that we could enjoy the brunch and my five year old could enjoy the Easter bunny and egg hunt. We can't wait to go back and stay at the Seaport again. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank arod106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

My stay at the Boston Seaport Hotel was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in the United States. The amenities, courtesy and helpfulness of the staff, cleanliness and comfort of the rooms (the bathrooms can easily accommodate a handicapped person) were first rate. The holiday decorations and floral displays were gorgeous. I ate breakfast in the café and bakery and had dinner in the hotel restaurant and drinks in the Toma lounge - all were very nice. The courtesy shuttle service and the no tipping policy were special bonuses. Kudos to Seaport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank cskate
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Seaport Boston was fantastic. I stayed there the night of a private event held at their convention/event center, and I couldn't have asked for more. The hotel room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

As you'd expected from the name, the hotel is located in the seaport area just outside of Downtown Boston. The area is obviously being redeveloped and there is the usual mixture of new offices, hotels, some shops and no-doubt really expensive condos. Whilst the immediate area is quite nice, the main part of downtown is a 5-10 minute walk along roads running through a mixture of parking lots and building sites.

Against that there is a Silver Line (bus rapid transit) station in the same complex and the ferries for Cape Cod literally leave from the jetty on the other side of the road. If you're taking tours such as Grey Line you're going to have walk over to one their main pick-up points Downtown, but the city trolley tours have a route which stops outside the hotel.

The hotel is fine; I thought it was relatively new but from other comments it appears the rooms have been renovated, in which case they've done a good job. They have all the facilities you'd expect and the Wi-Fi is free avoiding what can be a major irritant (if I'm paying big city East Coast hotel US prices I don't expect to pay for Wi-Fi was well). The service seemed good although I don't recall asking anything especially demanding of it. It was one of the two most expensive hotels on my trip around New England, but the prices didn't seem out of line with other downtown hotels.

I would recommend this hotel unless you are travelling in group with someone who has issues with walking on uneven surfaces or up/down stairs since there a quite a lot of elevated walkways in the Seaport complex and the sidewalks between the seaport and main part of downtown are pretty uneven.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Phil S
Webster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We spent a night at the Seaport Boston Hotel, and our experience was incredible from the moment we walked through the door. Located in an extremely convenient location for those who take the Silver Line in, the Seaport Boston was just across the street from the water and just seconds from half a dozen great restaurants in the area. However, it was not the location that was the best part of the trip. It was the above-and-beyond service exemplified by the staff and service that reall caught my attention. Just wish I had stayed an extra day to enjoy the amenities such as the hotel pool and fitness center. However, it was a great overall experience and I am looking forward to staying again.

Room Tip: "Get a room facing the water, if possible. Beautiful views."
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan L
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit. Our team members strive to provide exceptionally personalized service to each of our guests and it is wonderful to learn that their efforts were memorable. We do hope we can welcome you back and yes, you must try Wave Health & Fitness!

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Randolph, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently stayed the weekend at the Seaport Hotel in Boston for my nieces wedding. Many guests, not just myself, mentioned how the staff and service at the Seaport was a step above other hotels (and some of my family stay in hotels often and work in the business).

From the moment I pulled my car up, each staff member thought of & covered my every need. They remembered me from previous stays and left a note in the room for me.

The wedding was spectacular, amazing views, delicious food, friendly staff. Dining in Aura, we were treated fabulously by Mario. My other niece who helped plan the wedding also enjoyed little notes from the staff following the event. It is the little things that add up to make the difference.

I have done many events at the Seaport and am thrilled that my niece chose this venue to have her wedding. I will happily return to the Seaport for business, pleasure, or just to grab a cocktail at Tamo.

Also, It was nice to see that although the hotel is not outdated, they are currently upgrading and updating all of their rooms.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the water or the city have wonderful views. I left my drapes open and woke happ...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We just spent the night at the Seaport Boston Hotel on New Year's Eve for a wedding. We had a great time and were very impressed with the hotel. Even though we only live 1 hour away, we will definitely return. Our room was on the 10th floor with a harborview and was fantastic. I hear that they are renovating the rooms and ours hadn't been renovated yet, but there was nothing wrong with it. Very clean and all the things you would expect from a nice hotel. Our view was spectacular and if we had been in the room for the midnight display of fireworks, our view would have been unbelievable. Luckily, we were at the World Trade Center accross the street for the wedding and had a front row view from there as well. We would definitely consider coming back to stay for another New Years or at any other time of the year. We can't evaluate the restaurants or bars as we did not use them. I gave the sleep quality only 4 stars just because I prefer a firm bed and it was softer than I'm used to. Linens were great though.

Room Tip: Definitely pick a harborview room and anything above the 6th floor probably has a good view. (maybe...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple