“Every special touch you might want ...and even those you didn't think of”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently stayed the weekend at the Seaport Hotel in Boston for my nieces wedding. Many guests, not just myself, mentioned how the staff and service at the Seaport was a step above other hotels (and some of my family stay in hotels often and work in the business).

From the moment I pulled my car up, each staff member thought of & covered my every need. They remembered me from previous stays and left a note in the room for me.

The wedding was spectacular, amazing views, delicious food, friendly staff. Dining in Aura, we were treated fabulously by Mario. My other niece who helped plan the wedding also enjoyed little notes from the staff following the event. It is the little things that add up to make the difference.

I have done many events at the Seaport and am thrilled that my niece chose this venue to have her wedding. I will happily return to the Seaport for business, pleasure, or just to grab a cocktail at Tamo.

Also, It was nice to see that although the hotel is not outdated, they are currently upgrading and updating all of their rooms.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the water or the city have wonderful views. I left my drapes open and woke happ...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Seaport Boston Hotel

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We just spent the night at the Seaport Boston Hotel on New Year's Eve for a wedding. We had a great time and were very impressed with the hotel. Even though we only live 1 hour away, we will definitely return. Our room was on the 10th floor with a harborview and was fantastic. I hear that they are renovating the rooms and ours hadn't been renovated yet, but there was nothing wrong with it. Very clean and all the things you would expect from a nice hotel. Our view was spectacular and if we had been in the room for the midnight display of fireworks, our view would have been unbelievable. Luckily, we were at the World Trade Center accross the street for the wedding and had a front row view from there as well. We would definitely consider coming back to stay for another New Years or at any other time of the year. We can't evaluate the restaurants or bars as we did not use them. I gave the sleep quality only 4 stars just because I prefer a firm bed and it was softer than I'm used to. Linens were great though.

Room Tip: Definitely pick a harborview room and anything above the 6th floor probably has a good view. (maybe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My stay at the Seaport Hotel was for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. From the moment I parked at the Hotel's entrance, I was treated to wonderful service. I had many clothes on hangers, two suitcases, and a huge plastic bin full of yoga mats, ( I would be teaching a yoga class the next morning for the Wedding group). After a quick check in, everything was delivered to my room.
Christmas decorations were still up and the outside Christmas lighting added to the beauty of the Seaport Hotel. The room I had was a mini-executive suite. It had a small sitting room, with refrigerator, sink, microwave, and a Keurig coffeemaker, great-size bathroom, with many amenities, and a king size bedroom. The views out of the panoramic windows were of the water and Logan Airport in the distance.
When I needed to set up for the Yoga class, I called down to get help transporting the mats, and help arrived at my door within minutes of the call. When we arrived at the Constitution Room, another Hotel employee came in and asked if we needed anything else. They had water available and beautiful glasses set up.
The wedding itself couldn't have been more beautiful and the events coordinator made sure we were on time and that everything flowed.
I will definitely stay at the Seaport Hotel on my next visit to Boston.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

We appreciate feedback from all of our guests. To hear from the mother of a recent groom is especially gratifying as weddings are such significant milestones. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit and found our team gracious and accommodating. Thank you for selecting Seaport for your son’s wedding, and best wishes to the happy couple.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for a bachelorette via Hotwire (got a GREAT deal). It fit 4 girls in each room comfortably, beds were fine, and the bathroom was big enough for us to get ready in. We had a booze cruise less than a block from the hotel and there are plenty of restaurant/bars nearby as well. It isn't the most glamorous of hotels but worked out perfectly for our group and would stay here again if we had plans in the Seaport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed many times at this hotel.
Pros
1. Excellent staff, very courteous , always there to help.
2.Near to Airport
3.No Tip hotel
4.Business centre is very good

Cons
1.Far from downtown
2.No attraction nearby

Overall , i feel value for money for business travelers , however, for tourist , they may want to consider something in downtown

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Seaport Hotel is situated very conveniently close to the Airport. It's one or two stations from the airport and the ride to the hotel is free. The rooms are nice and very clean with large flatscreen. I only stayed one night, so I can't say anything about the restaurant or pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The staff here is very friendly and show excellent service levels. They always had suggestions and were very helpful answering questions. The room decor is slightly dated but well maintained and very clean. Room amenities are wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo