“A wonderful place to stay!”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at the Seaport for a conference. If that's why you're going to Boston-- perfect place to choose. It's incredibly close to the conference center.

Even if you're not there for a conference:

It's the 1st stop on the Silverline bus which runs directly from Logan to the hotel. Get off the bus, walk in the same direction the bus takes off, cross at the first crosswalk, and you're there!

The staff couldn't have been nicer. Everyone I met was polite, helpful, and friendly. Oh-- there's no tipping. They do add the tip into the dining bill but honestly-- the wait staff were great so I didn't mind the 18% they added. And the food! Incredible! I had salmon with kale and gnocchi one night, cooked to perfection. The cauliflower soup was a touch spicy-- perfect. And the Tamo martini-- yeah, I had more than one of those.

I got up too early one morning for the in-house Starbucks to be open but one of the staff was there. She made a pot of coffee for me-- just for me. I was an hour early and she made coffee for me. Overall, the prices were pretty good. I ate breakfast mostly in the Bakery-- steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts. Yum! They also had fresh fruit which I got and added to my oatmeal. Those with a very big coffee came to around $10.

The room was very pleasant although the bed was a tad harder than I like. The bathroom was generously sized, good water pressure. Nice towels and robes. And there was even an umbrella in the room. Very quiet room.

The gift shop was quite reasonably priced also. I forgot my brush, got a decent one for $6.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Seaport. I will stay there again given the opportunity. It's not too far from Chinatown, there is a bunch of restaurants near the waterfront that are quite good, and the staff were just super.

Room Tip: Try to get on the end facing the water for a better view. I looked into another hotel-- it wasn'...
1  Thank Helena V
Write a ReviewReviews (4,988)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel service was great! Location was close to convention center and walking distance to downtown, financial district, Chinatown, and the freedom trail. Staff were all great, there was great WiFi throughout the hotel lobby and in the rooms. There was free printing in the business center, I couldn't have asked for a more convenient place. The decor in the lobby and the general environment was so beautiful! Would definitely stay here next time I am in Boston!

1  Thank dtina2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful. I found Boston to be a tough city to navigate around but the hotel staff was very helpful with maps, suggestions, shuttle locations and times.

The room is very comfortable and clean. It's a beautiful hotel and I would definitely recommend it to my friends, family and colleagues.

Room Tip: Best view is of the harbor. Really beautiful.
1  Thank jilrue
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed in MANY hotels both for business and pleasure and there are few that rise to this level of quality. I have never seen such an outstanding team of staff. I say team because it is clear that management has built a team of employees who love their job and go way above and beyond to make your stay comfortable, convenient and a pleasure. The hotel is beautiful, very convenient to transportation, a 2 minute walk to the convention center, near great restaurants. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever experienced. They say they are renovating, but who knows how they could improve. I loved everything about this place, the fitness center, the food, the rooms, the service! Wow! Great place.

1  Thank Snip55
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for selecting Seaport for your recent visit. Our team members are our most valuable asset, and it is always wonderful to hear when they have made a difference in a guest’s stay. I do hope that if your travels bring you back to Boston, we can welcome you again.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel was very nice, and the staff were excellent. No tipping was allowed, which was nice as well. The food at the hotel was great--I ate both at the bar and at the restaurant. I was very impressed by the attitudes of the staff overall. I would love to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Pros: proximity to Boston convention center
No tipping throughout your stay
Rooms well suited to business ness travel
Bathrobes available in room
Eco minded (dispensers for many amenities)
Mini fridge in room
BIG high def TV
Kerrigan coffee maker
Pleasant staff
Lots of pillow (though I had to ask for a non-feather pillow)
Ample drawer space
Pleasant decor.

Cons: bathroom poorly lit
Gift shop hidden
High prices for car parking
Not on a T line, tho the silver line buses are helpful for airport service
My room was separated from elevators by the ice nook - but I heard the elevators when it was quiet at night. (But not the ice)

Pluses on my trip - A very helpful concierge (Chris? Young guy). They were very nice when I locked myself out. The J. Pace deli down the street - more friendly service; try the pistachio muffins.

Overall : a 4-star hotel w/ above average staff

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the elevators - their sound travels a surprisingly long way.
1  Thank HynesMom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Awesome experience. Was able to check-in ridiculously early thanks to a friendly and professional front desk staff. They went out of their way to tell me about the hotel, the area and provide directions to my meeting.

The room itself was very inviting. Clean bathroom with many amenities. The bed was very comfortable and made for a great night sleep.

Nice small fridge in the room along with plenty of room to sit and work.

Had a great view of the pier and airport.

Hotel very centrally located to the convention center and many bars and restaurants.

First class hotel and staff. Thanks for a memorable trip!