“Great stay in Boston”

GreenLeadersGold level
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Great stay in Boston”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel for several years and recently went back on business for the first time in over a year. I was happy to see that the Seaport continues to be one of my favorite stops in Boston.

Tops to me is the location. I love how the waterfront in Beantown is changing every time I visit and Seaport's location is perfect for me - I its an easy walk to several restaurants, like the Barking Crab, No Name, etc. and a nicer, though longer walk through Rowe's Warf to Faneuil Hall and the North End.

The hotel itself has a great gym - good pool and clean rooms. Breakfast is great and I appreciate the coffee shop if I need a quick on the go meal instead of sit down. Bar is nicely appointed, though I don't go there much. Rooms are well set up for business - wifi, etc. Beds are not too hard and pillows are soft. Nice touches like golf umbrellas, etc. make it easy to handle a week of business. Front desk is helpful and its a very easy drive or cab ride to / from Logan.

I thought about staying closer to Faneuil Hall, etc. this time but one of the best parts of Boston to me is that its so walkable and I like the ease and comfort of this hotel. It doesn't feel touristy and is in great shape. This is my 5-6th stay and they continue to make it worthwhile to come back.

If I had to point out a negative - parking is easy but a little pricey overnight and it would be nice not to be charged for a bottle of water in the room. Other than that - I like the hotel very much and recommend it to friends when they go.

Room Tip: The Silver Line trolley's are right around the corner from the hotel and make getting around ver...
1 Thank WebsterGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Greenbrier, Tennessee
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Seaport is across the street from harbor and water taxi. You can walk to Faneul Hall and downtown in less than fifteen minutes, or take free hotel shuttle, or ride bicycles provided by the hotel, also free. Staff is very friendly and professional and hotel is definitely upscale. Rooms are immaculate and all with good view. Exercise room is amply equipped with all necessary workout items. Rooms are quiet and beds are comfortable.

1 Thank 37JoeS
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. You mentioned our exercise room, Wave Health, and for the reasons you mentioned, it is one of my favorite amenities when talking about Seaport. I hope if your business (or leisure!) travels bring you back to Boston, we can welcome you again.

Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Came to Boston a day ahead of a cruise and picked the Seaport for it's walking proximity to the terminal (plus the great Tripadvisor reviews).

Wasn't disappointed -- the service and the hotel itself was overall excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean and, though not the most modern (bathroom lacked a fan), the rooms were very functional and comfortable.

Location is ideal for convention goers (ComicCon was just underway when we left) but you need to do some walking to get a little variety in your meals. Though close to the major transit lines, this is probably not the hotel if you want to shop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wukongsun
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in the seaport in August - a family of 4. At the end we realised we had made a great choice. The staff were the most helpful we could have met. For example we had hoped to go to Canopie Lake theme Park (our kids had been particularly looking forward to this aspect of our Boston holiday)and there was no direct public transport but Betty, the concierge, took so much time to organise our travel and our day out turned out to be brilliant. The gym facilities were excellent with complimentary drinks provided.
If we go back to Boston we intend to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tony r
Thank you for your recent visit. We are very fortunate to have Betty as part of our team – she’s a local expert and a wonderful resource for both our guests and our own team members. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as your Canobie Lake Park trip. Thank you for taking the time to write.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family to attend a wedding and was very impressed with the hotel. It's a very easy hotel to be at with kids and the staff at the hotel are very friendly. We stayed in a room with two double beds and it was perfect for a family of 4. The place was spotless, staff friendly and it was a hassle free, very easy and enjoyable stay. It's also in a lovely part of Boston which is booming right now and the seaport has a lovely feel, especially in the summer. I was a little worried about getting around and how far it is from some of the more touristy areas so we could go explore. However, there is a water taxi, which makes it so much more fun, that takes you right to Fanueil Hall. It's also close to a lot of the buzzing restaurants on the seaport - Legals and Del Fresco.
I am sure there are fancier hotels in Boston, especially in Newbury street, but a lot of those are quite stuffy and very prim and proper. I loved the feel and friendliness of this hotel and you can't beat the value for money. I'm not sure about the seaport in the freezing winter but if you're thinking about going to Boston in the spring, fall or summer, book at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CarenC123
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to provide a review. I remember the days of traveling with younger children and am pleased to hear you found our hotel “very easy” for your recent stay. Should your travels bring you back to Boston, we hope to welcome you again.

Rhode island
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The Waterfront location can't be beat. Proximity to Spirit of Boston or World Trade Center for business made it a perfect location. Check was quick and simple. The staff were very pleasant even asking where we wanted our room.
The room are very nicely appointed with 42 flat screen tv, nice bathroom, and my favorite the electronic do not disturb sign..beats having to open door late at night. The bed was very nice, with plush comforter, but mattress was a little soft for my taste.

The proximity of hotel right on silver line makes getting to rest of Boston easy.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bbrant1973
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I travel quite a bit and thoroughly enjoy staying at Seaport. It is one of the few places I travel where it has it all; attentive staff, beautifully appointed hotel and guest rooms, the location is great and I feel very comfortable walking around at night in the area as there are so many things to do within walking distance. The shops have everything you could possibly need and the restaurant food was delicious and had quite a variety. I always look forward to my stays at Seaport and the on the most recent visit I loved the Canine's and Cocktails going on outside the bar. What a great idea for the locals to bring their four legged friends.

1 Thank Kelly D
Thank you for your review. Canines & Cocktails has become a favorite of both overnight guests and locals, and we are always pleased to welcome four-legged friends to the property. It is wonderful to hear you found our staff to be attentive; we continually strive to exceed the needs of each guest who visits. Thank you for selecting the Seaport Boston Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again.