“Great Stay at the Seaport”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Great Stay at the Seaport”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel provides the business traveller with a very comfortable stay. There is a no tipping policy, but the service is excellent. the lobby bar, TEMO, has a nice pub menu with something for ever taste. Within walking distance of the Convention Center. Numerous restaurants and bars in the area. Rooms are vey comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MrJoelB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Quebec
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Easy check-in. Very friendly staff... At first, they gave us a room with a King bed since I booked through Priceline but they switched us to a room with 2 double beds when I told them we were 2 guys going to game 4 @ TD Garden. When we returned around 2AM my friend asked the front desk and they gave him a menu of a restaurant that would deliver to our room. And the next morning when we checked out I was surprised to learn that we had until midnight to leave the parking garage before being charge another day. I was only asking if we could leave around 2PM or had to get out by checkout time (12PM)...

only thing, and it really isn't much, on the bill, we were charged 33$ for parking which is fine, 0,75$ for the local call to the restaurant at 2AM + 0,05$ telecom tax and a 3$ hotel and service fees (for what? i couldn't tell you if my life depended on it). overall paying 36,80$ for hotel parking in Boston isn't bad so I don't mind. but I think some people (especially those paying full price for the room) might get upset at those unexpected charges. getting an extra 4$ is really worth the risk of getting a bad review ?? not in my mind but I'm not running the place...

location was good, right across from the T. free wifi was excellent. I would come back...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bigbadbruins
Somers, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel, and enjoyed our stay very much. Some of the things we liked about the hotel:
- parking was convenient (garage entrance off Congress street in the back), relatively inexpensive for Boston ($33 per day, for self-parking), with unlimited entrances/exits. Also, the parking pass was good up until midnight of the day we checked out, handy if you want to use the rest of the day to explore the Seaport area.
- all-inclusive policy was nice. I never know how much you're supposed to tip everybody...
- the Seaport area seems vibrant and alive (what a change from say 10-15 years ago!). Many nice restaurants in the area, lots of things to do, and lots of people on the streets.
- easy to hop on the T (silver line) from this hotel
- fitness room was nice, no extra fee for using it, & didn't seem that crowded
- free wifi, with no complicated passwords/security, etc.

The room itself was pretty average (I liked the heated mirrors in the bathrooms!), and the view was pretty dull. But everything was neat and tidy, and in good working order.

Room Tip: I think rooms with a harbor view would be the nicest, as high up as possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James W
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit. Your review highlights many of the amenities I often point out when talking about our hotel, especially complimentary wireless, our service inclusive policy and complimentary use of Wave Health & Fitness for our guests – that is a bit of an undiscovered gem here at Seaport! If your travels bring you back to Boston, we hope to welcome you.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Dallas
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with our extended family over a weekend. Because the hotel is on the newly-developed South Waterfront area, everything is new. There a great views of the harbor from a short walk across the street, and there are new restaurants and shop all around. The hotel staff were very friendly and strictly enforced the no tipping policy, despite my several efforts to tip various staff. Some places have such policies but they are not really in force. Here it was. That made the overall experience friendlier, with less "tension." The large lobby is open and welcoming, with plenty of comfortable high-back chairs. The rooms are comfortable and open, with large flat screen TVs and Keurig coffee makers. Hurray for the ability to make a decent single cup of coffee without having to go out or order room service!

The only down side to the hotel and this area is that it is separated by the river from the rest of the city. You definitely to take a cab or the silver line bus to get to the T system and other interesting areas. But this hotel is newer, nicer and a mch better value than most Boston hotels. We would definitely return here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sccarlin
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed there for our one year anniversary and the location was great. It was about a mile and a half from Boston Common and Little Italy. Did not really have to take the subway except to go to the Sam Adams brewery. Located right next to a bunch of great restaurants too.

Also provided a great view of both Boston and the harbor. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful and the concierge was super helpful. All this for a pretty good price. The only thing is typically gratuity is included in everything which worked for us but may not appeal to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank netuser32
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to learn upon checkin that I was placed on the allergy friendly floor. This is something I would always request if I knew such things existed! The first thing. Noticed was how clean and odor free the room was. I then saw a sign outlining the cleaning procedures for the room. Why don't all hotels explain this? Knowing all bed linens had been washed in scalding water prior to my arrival prevented my normal habit of tossing the bed quilt into the corner and treating it like hazardous material! :)

The staff was all pleasant and I was comfortable during my stay. I like that they leave you large containers of shampoo and conditioner so I didn't have to keep requesting more during the stay. They also leave a great hair dryer n the room and a single use coffee maker...loved these upgrades. The food in this hotel was fabulous, I was here for a conference and imagine that the wedding food is equally great.

I am from the area so didn't plan on sight seeing...if you are planning n sight seeing this hotel is a bit further away from major attractions that some others...except the children's museum which is really close. The upside of this is that they let you pay one price to park and you can come and go throughout the 24 hour period you paid for...very nice.

I would recommend this hotel for allergy sufferers and anyone who likes a super clean room...remember to request The allergy floor!!!

Room Tip: Required Jest Request the allergy rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank j d
We are so pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay in a PURE Allergy Friendly room. You are not alone in your appreciation of these rooms; many guests have commented that staying in one of these has helped their allergies or breathing tremendously. We are fortunate to have a talented culinary team here at Seaport Boston Hotel, and I will certainly pass along your feedback. Thank you for your stay and for your review.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when booking a reservation at the Seaport Boston Hotel--Not being too familiar with the city and its layout, I was hoping for a hotel that was accessible and well-located. I was beyond pleasantly surprised! From the (free) shuttle from the airport to the friendly, warm reception we received upon check-in, everything was absolutely flawless. We were offered the opportunity to upgrade to a room with a waterfront view for an additional $25 a night, which was an absolute bargain given the impressive landscape. The access to the Institute of Contemporary Art and Fort Points "arts district" were unmatched. Best of all, taking a ferry to Cape Cod involved a mere walk across the street to the World Trade Center, and there were even complimentary bikes available tat the Hotel o tool around the neighborhood--which includes everything from a Harpoon Brewery to the Design Center. We absolutely loved discovering this part of Boston and appreciated every aspect of the fabulous Seaport Boston Hotel. An added bonus: we were feeling so well one evening and stayed in. Even though there are amazing restaurants surrounding the hotel, we ordered room service...and it was arguably one of the best meals I've ever had! How often can you say that about room service? We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The extra $25 a night for a "waterfront view" is well worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple