“Classic Near Boston World Trade Center”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Venezuela
“Classic Near Boston World Trade Center”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Seaport Hotel for a 3 day conference at the World Trade Center. The hotel has a very 80´s decor, sort of "marine classic theme" using light blue and green hues. The rooms are ample with a big screen TV, nice amenities in the bathrooms, comfy bed and very, very clean.The area is off-the-Boston-action with only the World trade Center and a couple of good restaurants (Legal Harborside and Salvatore´s), but there are many transportation options (cheap and very cheap) to take you to Copley and Harvard Square and downtown Boston areas, that are more varied (and fun). So the location works only if you are attending a event at the WTC. We got a 259$/night rate and at this price point, I think it has a very good value proposition, specially comparing to neighbors Renaissance and Intercontinental (that soars around 380$/night)
The good: rooms, free wifi with strong signal, friendly staff and concierge. Food at the bar was very good
The not-so-good: Buffet breakfast is tasteless and boring
The bad: no room service after 10 or 11 pm(not sure), but when I returned to the hotel after a show the only option was a 7-11 across the street.(Bleahhh)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank orlando_traveler62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. Staff were very friendly and helpful, allowing us to check in early. Our room was a decent size for a downtown hotel. Bed was very comfortable, linens and pillows as well. Bathroom very clean and nice.

Fitness center was pretty impressive (huge, tons of equipment), lap pool was nice.

As with everywhere in Boston, food was expensive...not going to pay $14 for bacon and eggs. I packed some energy bars and made use of the in room coffee maker. Dunkin Donuts just across the street will be your best bet.

We were there for a conference and it was a 0.25mile walk to convention center. The silver line bus stop is right outside hotel, it can take you too and from airport and connect you with the other T lines. Financial distract, downtown, and harbor walk area within a mile. North End and Boston Commons about a 2 mile walk. Boston is very walkable and T (subway) is very user friendly.

Seaport Hotel is on par price wise with other hotels in area, but all hotels are way too $$ in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tomsuelaw
St Albans
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here on a conference rate, but when I wanted to change the reservation to arrive a day earlier they wanted $350 for the extra night. So I stayed at the Embassy Suites that first night instead for a mere $150 - less swanky but way better value for money.
Seaport has decent sized rooms, complete with massive TV, and an OK bathroom. Breakfast was pretty good, though unexceptional.
The fitness room is really excellent, with loads of equipment

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank St_Albans_City
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms for our family of six. Arriving after a long car journey the checking experience was fast, friendly and very helpful (especially about parking options) - just what was required. The no tipping policy is great. As a European I hate the mental math after every meal or drinks and we much preferred the service charge approach. If service isn't good we know that we can make our views known. Here at the Seaport that was never an issue. The concierge service in particular was amazing. As she watched us stare out at the rain waiting for a taxi to take all of us the the museum she arranged for the parking van to take us instead saving us time and hassle. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful at all times. The pool and gym were great. The breakfast buffet is fantastic value for kids in particular. Its not a five star hotel as some of the reviews mention but it does everything it sets out to do to a high standard. Close to string of restaurants and just across the road from a T station we found it a perfect base for our weekend in Boston. Why not a 5? The bar is just too bland even for a convention / weekend hotel such as this one. Fix that and it's a perfect destination.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BarrHarr
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife, 15 yr-old daughter and I stayed at the Seaport Hotel last summer (2012) for 6 nights. We enjoyed the location, the property, and nearby access to the T (Silver Line with connections to almost anywhere in Bean Town. The Hotel had an arrangement with Rowes Wharf Water Taxi where for a nominal fee all three of us had unlimited use of this service for our entire stay! We used the water taxi to travel to a number of spots including the North End where we would enjoy dinner then take the taxi back, one of the most enjoyable parts of our trip. Along the way, we enjoyed excellent skyline sunset views. This hotel is close to downtown Boston, is a nice property with well appointed rooms (try their pillow library to get just the right pillow!) yet has far more reasonable prices than the downtown hotels. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Harborview rooms are recommended.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hgross88
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We always encourage our guests to use the water taxi – as you found, it is a wonderful way to get to and from but also to see the city! I am pleased that you found the pillow library helpful. If your travels bring you back to Boston, we hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Windsor, ON
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed May 25-May 27 at the Seaport Boston Hotel. The reason I chose the Seaport Boston Hotel was becasue I was running a 1/2 marathon, and the start/finish line was steps away from the hotel.
Generally speaking, I had a positive experience at this hotel. My guest room was of average size, and the fixtures were of average quality. What made this a "very good" review was the fact that my room was clean, crisp white linens on the bed, very clean bathroom. Also, the staff were excellent.
Upon checking in at 2:15pm, I was advised that my room was not ready yet. This was a little annoying, as I had a long day of travel to get there. The front desk employee advised me to check back at 3:00pm, as check in is guaranteed by them at that time. I returned at 3:00pm, waited in line, and at 3:00pm was advised that my room was still not ready. Frustrated, I went to concierge to check my bags with the hotel and Jillian assisted me. She looked up my reservation in the system, and stated although the room assigned to me was still not ready, that she would change my room to an available one, and get staff to bring my bags up immediately.
Thank you Jillian. THIS is customer service.
Jillian immediately got me situated into my room, and the staff member (Luis, i think?) showed me all the features of the room. He would not accept my effort to tip him on the way out, but rather stated "we are just happy to have you here".
I felt like that was what turned this review from "average" to "very good".
The only thing I didn't necessarily enjoy about the property is the location. Although it was very convenient to the marathon, it was a cab ride almost anywhere else. Or at least a 20-30 min walk. If you don't mind that, then this would be an excellent choice for you.

It was a little pricey for the 2 nights, but the service was excellent, it was very clean, had amenities that were great such as free wifi that was actually of good quality, and a mini fridge in the room.

Hope this review was of value. I know I'd return to the Seaport Boston Hotel when I'm in the area next.

Tyson Brohman

Room Tip: I was in 1525 and it had a decent view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 12688
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spoke on the phone with a reservation rep. I needed a king suite PLUS a double bed room, attached. When we arrived with my 88 year old mother in law, it was like I never spoke to anyone. The double bed room was booked on a different floor than the king suite, I settled for just the king suite with a bed in each the bedroom and the living room. We got up to the room, and there was a king bed in one room, and a sleep sofa in another. We had to call up front desk, and they brought in a king bed on wheels, not the most comfortable thing in the world. We were given all kinds of vouchers, free drinks, free breakfast, but honestly, I would have preferred a change to the PENTHOUSE suite!! One other problem, our t.v. did not work. Service was very good.

Room Tip: Make clear of what you want. But also call day before and confirm what you expect in a room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peg57_12
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Unfortunately there sounds like confusion from the start. We only have one king bedded suite with a connecting room having two beds – our Admiral Suite. We do have a few connecting rooms and we try to block those requests in the morning so as to minimize the chance for disappointment. Due to our recent occupancy, unfortunately our ability to meet specific requests has been limited. Please accept our most sincere apology for not setting the right expectation at the time of reservations. I will speak with our reservations team to be more clear regarding our capabilities. We have purchased new state of the art TVs this year so I am further disappointed you did not have the benefit of the spectacular HDTV picture. We do hope you will return and provide us a second chance to earn your trust.

Kind regards,