“Very Good Business Hotel”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Asia
“Very Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed for one week at the hotel and booked a standard room. It is located right next to the world trade center and is also close by the convention center. For those having business in either of those venues it is very convenient to get there.
The room was very tidy, fully equipped with a comfortable king size bed, a reasonably sized working area with wifi, a pod coffee/tea maker which produced great coffee provided by the hotel, a two-seater sofa and a chair. All the expected amenities were there like safety box, small refrigerator, big flat-screen TV, ironing board, bathrobes, blow dryer etc.
The lobby is comprised of different meeting and lounge area, ATM, Starbucks, and a restaurant/bar. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful.
The downside was that breakfast was not included (but there is an excellent Seven Eleven just around the corner) and that the ceiling of the aisles and rooms felt a bit low for my taste. But that is probably just my preference since I love high ceilings.
I also would have preferred a separate shower rather than taking a shower in the bathtub and a shower curtain. That is my reason why I rate the hotel very good and not excellent.
The surrounding area seems to be developed into an upscale dining and office area and some of the old port buildings seems to have been upgraded and converted into offices, hotels and restos. I liked the feel of the area.
For those who come to see Boston I would suggest to find a hotel in downtown, however if you don't mind a bit of walking the major sites can also be reached by foot within 30 minutes or so.
I liked the place but if it weren't for business purposes I think I would choose a hotel closer to the action.

1 Thank Q-Cuppster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My stay at the Seaport Boston was for a massage therapy research conference right after the Boston Marathon bombing. The staff at the hotel are to be commended for their excellent service and "moving forward" attitude after such a traumatic event. They took care of our every need and were both courteous and positive under potentially unstable conditions. I felt safe and able to network with colleagues and focus on the presentations and educational materials at hand. Wish I could have stayed longer; Boston is such an incredibly diverse place.

FYI, the Seaport Boston is directly aross from the harbor, close to the airport and sits almost opposite the bus terminal. The Silverline will drop you off for free (save yourself a $20 cab ride). There are also several restaurants w/i walking distance of the hotel. Boston Commons is less than two miles away as well, and full of shops, eateries and historic sites.

1 Thank RobinByler
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for your thoughtful review. Your visit coincided with a traumatic time for our city but I am glad to hear you found our team to be helpful and responsive, and that your trip was a productive one. Should your travels bring you back to Boston, I hope you will consider our property again.

Duxbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a recent trip back to Boston to celbrate our one year wedding anniversary. The hotel/room was clean and updated. The beds/pillows were extremely comfortable and most of all the time spent in the room was quiet.

Parking is available under the hotel and at $33 a day is pretty much on par with other lots in the area. Although we didn't advantage, there is the ability to come and go from the garage during your stay. You are given a key to the garage when paying for parking upfront. Could be helpful if exploring the city.

Over the past few years the seaport has really started to build up with numerous bars and restaurants close by. We walked to fanuel hall and the north end during our stay. Should you want to take a cab, those are waiting just off the main lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teeterkeene
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It all started when I called Reservations and had a wonderful woman named Lula help me with my reservation. She was showing no availablity, yet my corporate travel site showed rooms available. She stayed on the line with me until my reservation went through from my corporate site, and then she even said "I'll e-mail you when it comes into our reservation system" - and she did. Then when I checked in, everyone was exceedingly helpful - from the valet to the front desk to the concierge. The room was wonderful. Finally, the food in the hotel bar and in the restaurant (at breakfast) was great. I was also impressed with the hotel's commitment to being "green" - right down to the beehives and making their own honey!!

Green Features: The open spaces (the gardens, etc) looked so inviting that I was wishing I had time to just take a book outside to read. And the fact that they keep bees, to make their own honey, is not only "green" but charming.
1 Thank KLGri
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback about our team and it’s wonderful when specific individuals are recognized. We will be sure to share your comments with Lula. I am extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your visits to TAMO bar and Aura restaurant, and that our environmentally-friendly initiatives caught your attention. Thank you for your recent Seaport Boston Hotel stay.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a delight to have friendly, helpful staff at a beautiful hotel, located very near the Convention Center and the harbor. The staff does not accept tips; an 18% gratuity is added to all food and beverage bills. The housekeepers went out of their way to fulfill all of our requests. The food was good in the restaurants. Only one bad experience when one of the lunch meals was served cold, and while the waiter removed it from our bill, she never asked if we wanted a replacement meal. All of this within a day after the capture of the second Marathon bomber.

Many tourist attractions were within a reasonable walking distance - 15-30 minutes. We're walkers, so we didn't mind at all.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 18th floor in a room large enough for a king bed and 2 roll-aways.
Green Features: Quite surprised at their efforts - recycling bins in the room for paper, plastic, and glass.
1 Thank thebeejer
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because a secretary picked this hotel and the other people in my party stayed here and we had to have meetings. This was my first stay in Boston and I didn't know any better. This hotel is a long walk from all the major tourist attractions.

As far as hotel points go, since I stayed here for two weeks, I accumulated some points in the Stash program but not enough to get even one free night at most of the Stash hotels (boutique hotels). I wish I had done more research and stayed at the Marriott close by because there are more Marriotts all over the country than Stash hotels.

Also, there was no complimentary breakfast. There was a Starbucks in the lower level.

The room was kind of small. One good thing was that there was a Keurig in the bathroom for coffee. The gym was pretty nice and there was a pool.

The overall feeling from the hotel was kind of reserved and not that friendly. Since I stayed for two weeks I wished for a friendlier place.

For my second trip to Boston, I picked the Intercontinental across the water and what a difference! The vibe at the Intercontinental is so much more alive, with a happening bar on the water and lots of beautiful flowers. Plus I didn't have to walk an extra twenty minutes to get to the tourist attractions.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Shopqwueen
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
This is disappointing to read as we pride ourselves as being a hotel with a personality, one where our staff is engaging and empowered. To hear that you did not feel that warm embrace after a two week stay is a concern. I will use this review as a basis for further improvement as we strive for service excellence at the Seaport Boston Hotel. I appreciate your feedback about the points program, and will take that into consideration as we evaluate our offerings. Thank you for the compliments on the Keurig coffeemaker and the complimentary Wave Health & Fitness.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the time I got out of the cab, to checking in, the health facilities, the room, etc. everything has been fantastic! In particular the concierge, Dana. he made us dinner reservation, printed out walking directions to the best nail salon in the area, you name it, he did it. He has been kind, friendly and extremely helpful!