“Wonderful Property!”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I attended a conference at the Seaport Hotel earlier this week, which was superbly hosted by the hotel and its well-trained staff. Their attention to detail was exceptional, and all members of the staff I met were genuinely interested in and committed to providing only the highest level of service to guests. Accommodations were immaculate and well-maintained. In particular, I liked the 'no-tipping' policy in effect. I get so tired of hotel staff having their hands out, figuratively speaking. The location is outstanding, within an easy walk of Downtown Boston, and close to numerous superb restaurants on the South Boston waterfront.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your compliments. I am pleased that you found our hotel so convenient and our service helpful and courteous. We hope to welcome you back to Seaport if your travels bring you to Boston.

There are newer reviews for Seaport Boston Hotel

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent two nights with my two children under the age of 10 and had a great weekend celebrating the city and Easter. The hotel was within walking distance to downtown & to the NE Aquarium and a short cab ride to the North End and anywhere else. Plus, you are right across the street from the harbor, which was lovely. We lucked out and had a lovely weather weekend so did lots of walking. The pool was key in making a decision for this hotel (kids!) and we spent a lot of time in there. NOTE: pool isn't exceptionally warm (says 80 but it didn't feel like it). Room service and food in general was very good. Restaurant has a good buffet for breakfast and was reasonably priced. Service all around was really good. Comfy beds. No in-room movie service at that time (it's coming), due to new HD TVs in the rooms, so you can grab DVDs and a DVD player from the front desk for no cost. All tipping for staff is included in pricing, which is really convenient. Parking is $34/day under the hotel, I believe so factor that in. TIP: I had contacted Jillian (concierge) prior to the weekend and found her to be very helpful and friendly. TIP: If you have kids and take them to the pool before dinner, expect a very busy pool.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mcge22
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I try to spend a few quick getaways a year in Boston and the Seaport district is our favorite area. The Seaport Hotel is one of the better hotels in all of Boston and definately the best in the Seaport district. This is the second time we have stayed here and have had great experiences both times. The staff is very friendly and check in was a breeze. The rooms are very nice, and some have great views, they also have giant flat screen T.V's that are all high definition and the beds are remarkably comfortable. There is a bar in the lobby that is really nice for a night cap or a drink before going out. They also have 2 restaurants in the hotel but we have yet to try them. There are many restaurants and bars to try, many of them are right on the water. I prefer the Atlantic Beer Garden for lunch and a few beers. They have plenty of tvs to watch any sporting event that may be happening at the time. We went to Rosa Mexicana for dinner and it was excellent authentic Mexican food with a nice atmosphere. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit as well as explored our neighborhood; it’s an exciting time to be in the Seaport District! We appreciate your visit and do look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently held a workshop with nearly 350 people at this hotel and were very pleased with the location, staff, and attention to detail which altogether created an exquisite atmosphere.

I would like to thank the Seaport Hotel team for the exceptional service at this year's event. The overwhelming majority of comments we've received from participants have been quite stellar. We've run quite a few workshops, and I can honestly say that this was by far the BEST team I've worked with. The level of organization clearly indicated that the various teams at the Seaport Hotel communicate with each other and assist each other as needed.

I would like to recognize a few members of the Seaport team that were absolutely terrific: Jason, Kelly, Liz, Kathleen, Patrick, Arturo, Edward, Jose, Earl, and Dave. At every event, issues inevitably arise - that said, the team performed extremely well and represented the Seaport Hotel with distinction. The responsiveness, attention to detail, friendly yet professional demeanor were delightful.

I highly recommend the Seaport Hotel for large workshops, or even a romantic weekend getaway.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there for a conference. When, I plan to make a tea for myself, I found out that one of the cups was not fully washed (had some tea deposits) and the other one had lipstick on it!!!!!

I was very surprised to see that! I called them and told them to bring me new cups, they didn't apologize at all! The person who I was talking to didn't even bother herself to say "sorry!". I told her to bring new cups with toothpaste and toothbrush and she told me: "Wow! So you want lots of things!". So, I want to say here:
Seaport Hotel Manager,
Have you ever taught your employees how to talk with customers?

But I should say cleaning ladies (those who clean rooms and bring cups to my room) were wonderfully nice.

At the end, I checked out and put my luggage in lobby for two hours (hotel will take care of luggage after check out), when I request them, it takes a long time for him to bring my luggage and after that I found out that my backpack was open. I don't want to accuse anyone but I hope that nobody take anything from me...

1  Thank Awesome_Coral
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

This is a very unfortunate situation and contrary to everything we believe in. My most sincere apology for our failure to properly ensure the cleanliness of your guest room coffee cups. We have trained and continuously reinforce that all cups and water glasses must be washed in the dish washer. I am unable to explain how this guest found soiled cups but we will investigate fully and redouble our efforts to ensure compliance as cleanliness is our top priority.

The inappropriate response was unacceptable. We also train our staff to be sincere and demonstrate genuine empathy whenever a guest has a problem, and this qualifies as a significant problem. The initial response should have been an apology and prompt resolution with a follow up call from a manager. I will be sharing this with our housekeeping team, of which I am very proud but we are only as good as our worst room in terms of cleanliness. I also apologize for the delay in retrieving your luggage. There was a brief period last week where the volume was overwhelming and despite increased staffing there were a few delays. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Seaport District is blossoming with trendy restaurants, coffee stores, and bars all within walking distance of the Seaport Hotel. For starters try the Legal Test Kitchen, the third floor of Legal Seafoods with harbor views, and Harpoon Brewery. Morton's and Del Frisco are next door. The silver line subway station is next door too which is convenient. The North End and Quincy Market are a just a mile away. Frankly, the location is a sleeper and possibly the best spot in Boston.

About the Hotel. Prices are reasonable which is rare in beantown. I upgraded to an executive suite with two rooms comfy for a family of five. Price? Range of 269-299 per day. Nice coffee machine included too. Rooms were clean and bed was comfy. Hotel has two restaurants (for breakfast it was pricey).

Service is impeccable. The concierge was very helpful. My son had left his laptop in the room after we had checked out in the morning. We were able to retrieve it in lost and found before leaving to catch a plane at nite. I would stay there again. I went there on business but would come back on pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ricardo C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You will enjoy this prime location for visiting Boston! Hotel is located across the street from the Convention Center. Easy shuttle to and from the airport via the Silver Line.

Hotel offers free shuttle to downtown (@5-10 minutes from the hotel). The room size was standard - due to prime location. Absolutely loved the toiletries (Gilchrist & Soames)- wished that they included the standard hotel sizes instead of the full size! Outdated shower heads - but maintenance replaced on request.

Hotel staff was professional but weren't empowered to solve simple problems. I left my iPhone charger at home and couldn't get a "loaner". Front desk suggested that I leave my phone overnight at the front desk to charge ... really - that was so helpful! NOT! Anyway, my last stay at the Westin in San Francisco - came equipped with in-room iHome (Clock/Charger) all in one!

Restaurants on site - but I didn't eat at the hotel - Didn't make it to the gym :-( but nice facilities.

Room Tip: Request oceanfront - partial oceanview offers a good view!