“Exceptional service!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“Exceptional service!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently held a workshop with nearly 350 people at this hotel and were very pleased with the location, staff, and attention to detail which altogether created an exquisite atmosphere.

I would like to thank the Seaport Hotel team for the exceptional service at this year's event. The overwhelming majority of comments we've received from participants have been quite stellar. We've run quite a few workshops, and I can honestly say that this was by far the BEST team I've worked with. The level of organization clearly indicated that the various teams at the Seaport Hotel communicate with each other and assist each other as needed.

I would like to recognize a few members of the Seaport team that were absolutely terrific: Jason, Kelly, Liz, Kathleen, Patrick, Arturo, Edward, Jose, Earl, and Dave. At every event, issues inevitably arise - that said, the team performed extremely well and represented the Seaport Hotel with distinction. The responsiveness, attention to detail, friendly yet professional demeanor were delightful.

I highly recommend the Seaport Hotel for large workshops, or even a romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Iran
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there for a conference. When, I plan to make a tea for myself, I found out that one of the cups was not fully washed (had some tea deposits) and the other one had lipstick on it!!!!!

I was very surprised to see that! I called them and told them to bring me new cups, they didn't apologize at all! The person who I was talking to didn't even bother herself to say "sorry!". I told her to bring new cups with toothpaste and toothbrush and she told me: "Wow! So you want lots of things!". So, I want to say here:
Seaport Hotel Manager,
Have you ever taught your employees how to talk with customers?

But I should say cleaning ladies (those who clean rooms and bring cups to my room) were wonderfully nice.

At the end, I checked out and put my luggage in lobby for two hours (hotel will take care of luggage after check out), when I request them, it takes a long time for him to bring my luggage and after that I found out that my backpack was open. I don't want to accuse anyone but I hope that nobody take anything from me...

1 Thank Awesome_Coral
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
This is a very unfortunate situation and contrary to everything we believe in. My most sincere apology for our failure to properly ensure the cleanliness of your guest room coffee cups. We have trained and continuously reinforce that all cups and water glasses must be washed in the dish washer. I am unable to explain how this guest found soiled cups but we will investigate fully and redouble our efforts to ensure compliance as cleanliness is our top priority.

The inappropriate response was unacceptable. We also train our staff to be sincere and demonstrate genuine empathy whenever a guest has a problem, and this qualifies as a significant problem. The initial response should have been an apology and prompt resolution with a follow up call from a manager. I will be sharing this with our housekeeping team, of which I am very proud but we are only as good as our worst room in terms of cleanliness. I also apologize for the delay in retrieving your luggage. There was a brief period last week where the volume was overwhelming and despite increased staffing there were a few delays. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Seaport District is blossoming with trendy restaurants, coffee stores, and bars all within walking distance of the Seaport Hotel. For starters try the Legal Test Kitchen, the third floor of Legal Seafoods with harbor views, and Harpoon Brewery. Morton's and Del Frisco are next door. The silver line subway station is next door too which is convenient. The North End and Quincy Market are a just a mile away. Frankly, the location is a sleeper and possibly the best spot in Boston.

About the Hotel. Prices are reasonable which is rare in beantown. I upgraded to an executive suite with two rooms comfy for a family of five. Price? Range of 269-299 per day. Nice coffee machine included too. Rooms were clean and bed was comfy. Hotel has two restaurants (for breakfast it was pricey).

Service is impeccable. The concierge was very helpful. My son had left his laptop in the room after we had checked out in the morning. We were able to retrieve it in lost and found before leaving to catch a plane at nite. I would stay there again. I went there on business but would come back on pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ricardo C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You will enjoy this prime location for visiting Boston! Hotel is located across the street from the Convention Center. Easy shuttle to and from the airport via the Silver Line.

Hotel offers free shuttle to downtown (@5-10 minutes from the hotel). The room size was standard - due to prime location. Absolutely loved the toiletries (Gilchrist & Soames)- wished that they included the standard hotel sizes instead of the full size! Outdated shower heads - but maintenance replaced on request.

Hotel staff was professional but weren't empowered to solve simple problems. I left my iPhone charger at home and couldn't get a "loaner". Front desk suggested that I leave my phone overnight at the front desk to charge ... really - that was so helpful! NOT! Anyway, my last stay at the Westin in San Francisco - came equipped with in-room iHome (Clock/Charger) all in one!

Restaurants on site - but I didn't eat at the hotel - Didn't make it to the gym :-( but nice facilities.

Room Tip: Request oceanfront - partial oceanview offers a good view!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was a wonderfully stay . The housekeeping I thing was a Spanish lady she was excellent . My room was so clean . The food was so delicious . All the hotel team made I feel a home. Thanks for good services .

• Stayed March 2013
Quebc City
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our 3-day stay at Seaport Hotel was fabulous. The staff is really helpful and allways ready to offering an excellent service. Our 8 year old daughter loved the pool. We appreciated calm of our 16th floor room. My wife was diagnosed with Celiac and she was able to eat gluten free at the hotel restaurant. We were pleased with everything!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Quebecker
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I can appreciate your wife’s dietary limitations and I am happy to hear she was happy with her selections in our restaurant. Thank you for selecting Seaport.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Love this hotel. Just a 10 minute car ride from the airport, you are greeted by friendly staff who really seem to WANT to help you. The room was large, with a sitting room and separate bedroom. The small refrigerator and kitchenette was a plus. Walking distance to several good restaurants. Lovely views from the room. Also in walking distance is the WTC. Something I've never seen before but was a great idea was a black make-up washcloth! It even had "make-up" written on it. I've always felt guilty using white wash cloths to remove my make up so this was brilliant. That plus the magnifying make up mirror tells me they get what women really need. All this and Eco friendly too. Bed was super comfortable and the sitting area had a second television. As Arnold would say... I'll be back.

Room Tip: I was in room 701 which was a corner so I had a panorama.
3 Thank LPF
Thank you for selecting Seaport for your recent Boston visit. The enthusiasm you experienced is genuine, and we are fortunate to have a staff that truly cares about both our guests and our own team members. We look forward to welcoming you back.