“Wonderful Staff”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was very happy with this hotel, even coming in as a late check in we were greeted and the gentleman even shook my hand and welcomed us to the hotel. He asked if we had been there before and when we said no , he went on to tell us about the hotel in general. There is a room so if you need anything faxed or printed you can take care of it there. The pool and workout room was open till 9pm .. that i do wish was later, but it was still nice and had a nice view of the city when on the treadmills. Room service goes above and beyond to bring the table into the room and explain each dish, asked if we needed anything else. Very polite. I didn't know how much an in room safe is wanted! I loved having this and storing the car keys in and electronics, really spoiled by that now. The parking deck is a bit strange but i recommend taking the little card that says what level you are on, they have them by the parking elevators.

The hotel was right by the silver line subway, so it was so easy going to anywhere in the city. There were doormen at the hotel that would flag or call a cab for you. It was very nice in general. The room was nice, i wish they had removable shower heads, but it was a nice play to stay. You got a pillow choice so I had the memory foam pillow I am use to sleeping on. All in all the staff and room made the hotel great and we will be staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for providing a review of your visit. I am very pleased to hear that the team members you mentioned took the step of providing further information whenever possible, whether regarding the hotel itself or the food you ordered through in-room dining. Personally, I find that it is these instances make all the difference when traveling. Your suggestion for a removable shower head is timely as we will be remodeling our guest rooms late this year and will be including these. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Vice President & General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,005)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Seaport is at the center of one of the most thriving areas of all of Boston. A true destination with the convenience of restuartants and nightlife at your fingertips. Well run hotel with the most helpful staff. They care about your satifaction. Can't forget to mention the water at your front door. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank Perry C
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located on the Silverline a few stops from Boston airport. Staff are welcoming and go bit extra. The hotel has a corporate feel, but is very clean and the rooms are large and luxurious. We had a view of Boston bay which added to the open/airy feel of the accommodation.

The hotel is located in the up-and-coming seaport area. There is lots of development and some good restaurants around (including a fantastic new branch of Legal Seafoods). It's about 20 minute easy walk into downtown, and there are plenty of cabs around if you don't fancy the walk.

The indoor pool and gym is a bonus - great after a day's sightseeing. We didn't use the bar - it looked okay but very much business-types as the clientele.

The hotel is also great value for what you get (and no tipping!)

Room Tip: If you can, go for a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and your review. As you noted, our neighborhood is burgeoning and there is so much to see, do and eat! Wave is a welcoming haven, especially after a long day of sightseeing and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit there. Thank you again for selecting Seaport.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel was pretty close to perfection. We only stayed two nights, but they were two luxurious nights.
To start with, the staff was very helpful and pleasant. We were in town for a convention and many staffers would ask if we were enjoying ourselves, or offer help and directions. It actually made me sad that tip is already included on everything (including room service). I was willing to tip higher than set fee, but they didn't accept the money.
The location of the hotel is very convenient. It's right next to public transportation, and a one block walk from the convention center. It was also easy to hail cabs.
The room was clean, comfortable, and attractive. The hotel has free wifi and doesn't make guests bother with passwords. The wifi is just available to everyone.
We had breakfast in our room twice, and both breakfasts were delicious (if you order pancakes or french toast you'll get real maple syrup!).
We're coming back next year for the same conference and I will definitely stay here again.

2  Thank QMeganC

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is gratifying to hear that many team members were eager to assist you during your stay as we strive to anticipate guest needs and offer help whenever possible. Our convenient wireless service is a guest favorite and I am glad that you found it easy to connect. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel was a great choice for staying in Boston. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help with anything. The food was very good and they have a pretty decent bar. They did a good job with keeping the lobby very comfortable with having a bit of seating and live musicians. Unsure if the musicians are a daily routine, but it was nice at the time. The location of the hotel really can't be beat, you are in walking distance to a great number of sights. Finding the hotel was pretty easy as well, which is great because I can't stand driving in Boston.
The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The room I was in had a great view of the harbor and from others I have talked with their rooms were just as nice.

This seems to be a hotel that hosts many different events at once from parties, weddings, to housing people attending conferences so it probably gets very busy - it was busy when I had stayed. The ability for the staff to handle all of that and be exceptionally friendly and welcoming is a good sign. If you were to stay here I would assume to expect a lot of people and the activity that comes with many guests.

The only complaint I have is that when I received my hotel card for leaving the parking garage once checked out there was no data on the card. The card they gave me was supposed to let me out of the garage and as a result I had to get the parking garage attendants to let me out.

I would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Micromac
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced when exiting our garage. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit, and particularly happy to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and ready to assist at any turn. I do hope we can welcome you back to Seaport.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for business. Exceptionally friendly staff with a can-do attitude. Very good food. Room was fine--clean, well-decorated. Two items stand out: the lobby is welcoming, cozy, and a great place to spend the time after dinner before bed. Waitstaff frequently asked if I needed anything. I like lobbies--and this is up there with the best, on par with my favorite chain, Kimpton. The other big advantage is convenience of public transportation, which was FREE. I had already mapped out my route from the airport, walked out to catch the Silver Line 1 transit to the hotel, and there was the bus waiting, clearly marked, with the banner saying "free." Dropped me off less than half block from hotel. Lots of restaurants close by, seems like an up and coming area. My favorite place to stay in Boston (I think this is my fourth hotel).

1  Thank tonymsrad

Thank you for your recent stay. Our lobby is often referred to as our ‘living room’ due to its comfort and intimate nature, especially in the evening, and it certainly sounds as though you enjoyed your time. The ease (and price!) of the MBTA Silver Line can’t be beat; I am pleased you found it so convenient. Thank you for taking the time to write, and we look forward to having you stay again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The room was large and comfortable with a great view! The room wasn't ready when we got there, but we did expect that since we got there so early. The people at the desk held our luggage and took our number to call us when the room was ready. They offer a trolley company that picks up in front of the hotel, but I would suggest you decline that offer. They have a free shuttle that operates from the hotel taking people into Boston. Take advantage of this and you have several options for trolley tours there. It was college graduation week when we were there...only a little noisy one night. The boat taxi to the airport is right across the street.....a great option! Nice computer area by reception to print boarding passes. Several business people using the facility. Everything was wonderful during my stay here.

Room Tip: I did ask for a view of the water when we checked in. There was a extra fee for this, but I felt it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends