“Fantastic business hotel”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It is my third time staying at this hotel (for an annual conference) and I am always impressed. It is very comfortable, the restaurants serve great food, the WiFi is free (as it should be), and the staff is absolutely wonderful. I especially love the gentlemen working in Aura restaurant during breakfast. Truly the best service!! As a matter of fact, I stayed during the historic blizzard "Nemo", and the management and staff could not have handled it better. They communicated with guests, service was still great despite lack of staff (not being able to arrive to work), and they even planned entertainment for the guests who were stranded at the hotel with nowhere to go. Very nice.

2  Thank TisaL
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. Ah, yes, “Nemo” – that was quite a weekend for our guests and our team! I am very pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay despite the circumstances provided by Mother Nature. I will be certain to pass along your compliments to our Aura team. I hope we can welcome you back next year.

There are newer reviews for Seaport Boston Hotel

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We just got home from a stay at this fantastic hotel. We are a family of 5 with 3 daughters ages 6 & 3 1/2 yr old twins. From the second we checked in, we were amazed at the service! Our kids each got to choose a toy from a treasure chest and were made to feel special right away. We went to our room which had a beautiful view of the harbor. We were able to walk a few blocks to the Children's Museum. Later that evening, we ordered room service cheese pizzas for the kids which were delivered with beautiful presentation by Jose!!!! A little while later, Jose came back and surprised us by bringing the girls brownie sundaes! They felt so special!!!!! Swimming in the indoor pool with a nighttime view of the city capped the special day! The staff at the fitness center couldn't be beat. We will definitely be back to stay every time we come to Boston!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Megarnhold
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went to Boston for work and ended up feeling like I was on vacation, all because of the Seaport Hotel in Boston. The service was impeccable, the rooms were immaculate and very clean, and I was very surprised to see that the hotel focused on being as environmentally friendly as possible. I really advise anyone to stay at the Seaport Hotel in Boston. You won't be sorry.

2  Thank ValdezInsider
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Seaport for the weekend. When there was an issue with my room key not working, a staff memebr who was delivering room service happened to be passing by. He noticed I was having a difficult time and quicky offered to assist. He called down to the front desk and within 3 minutes, the concierge was there with new keys (and tested them before leaving me). The service in the restaurant was outstanding as well. Finally as I was leaving and heading to breakfast, the bellman not only offered to hold my bags as I dined, but to put them in my trunk so that when valet returned my car- they were already put away. I should also mention I had to INSIST not once but twice that the bellman accept my tip.
OUTSTANDING customer service all around.
Beautiful bright rooms and decor. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Irene P

I will certainly share your feedback with our team. I am especially pleased to hear that a member of our Room Service team was quick to help; our team is trained to provide assistance, regardless of the issue or their area of expertise. Thank you for taking the time to write and for your recent visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for only 2 nights last summer.
I was immediately impressed with the location and I got the room for a decent price.

I arrived late after driving down from NY.
It was 1700 by the time I was checking in, was told my room was not ready.
Nothing offered to me while I waited. Had to wander the streets for an hour until my room was ready.

The guy on the desk (big guy, crew cut, don't remember name) looked offender when I asked if he would mind holding onto my bags while I waited for me room. When I went to collect it again he lingered for a tip. There are signs in the hotel saying it's a 'service included hotel' where tipping was not expected.

The room was big and comfortable. Bathroom was ok (normal standard for American hotel)
May stay here again but hope the surley staff are not working there anymore.

Also, parking was extortionate. I never understand why parking in american hotels is such a rip-off. But that complaint is not hotel specific.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am disappointed to hear about your experience last summer. Please accept our apologies for the delay and the inappropriate response from our Guest Services agent. Should your travels bring you back to Boston, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a more customary Seaport experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were recently in town for the Boston Wine Fest and were really surprised by the top notch service we received at the Seaport Boston Hotel. The staff really went above and beyond to make it a pleasant stay.
Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: our room looked out on the harbor. was a beautiful sight before and after the snow storm we encounte...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thebets
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for business when attending a convention at the Expo Center a week or so ago. I had stayed here several years ago when they had first opened, and I'm happy to report that they have increased their services and improved the entire experience. I consider this a "no-frills" stay. You will not get the experience of staying at a hotel such as the Ritz Carlton. But although everything is fairly basic, it is done very well. From check-in to check-out, service is excellent, rooms are comfortable and clean, and you have everything you need for a business stay in the area. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the amount of growth in the area, and the addition of several nice restaurants that are within walking distance. My wife and I had a great dinner at Legal Seafood, and lunch was fun and quick and Remy's Sports bar. Both are within a block or two, and the area is beautiful just along the harbor.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view if available
1  Thank NHTraveler03301

Thank you for staying with us recently. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your feedback on the property, as well as our burgeoning neighborhood. I do hope we can welcome you back should business bring you back to Boston.