“Business Hotel Heaven!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Business Hotel Heaven!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The first time we booked into the Seaport Hotel, I was a little apprehensive. Our former hotel was the old Meridien (now the Langham) so off to the Seaport we moved.
First of all, it's a total breeze to get to. You can take the Water Taxi from Logan Airport which drops you off right across the street form the hotel. You can also have your own mini harbor cruise on the way to the hotel! PERFECT! After long flights, it's a total joy to smell the sea air and decompress a little.
The staff is young, energetic, and very helpful. Check in is painless and quick and then you're on your way. The doormen are right on the money and are so helpful and nice. They now recognize us on site and have a cab for us before we've made it through the door.
Oh, this is a non-gratuity hotel so you won't be tipping right and left.
The rooms are spacious, light and there's plenty of room to stretch out in and you'll soon find yourself on the bed relaxing. They are very comfortable and the bedding will have you off to sleep in a snap. The bathroom is ample enough to not be turning into yourself like you do with smaller bathrooms. You an lay out your toiletries and have them not be cramped. There's plenty of room and the lighting is great too.
The restaurant and cafe are there to provide you with whatever you need. From coffee to breakfast foods and other nibbles, you can find them there. Also the bar is a happening place on any night so get there early is you want a good table and location.
There are a number of wonderful restaurants in the are that has seen an explosion of good food places that's it's become a kind of hip area to be in if you're trying to avoid downtown Boston.
The fitness club is very well appointed with a friendly staff to help out the moment you walk in the door.
The Seaport is that kind of hotel that you can check into and not have any surprises. It;s always good and you can at last, relax.

Room Tip: Harbor View rooms are usually on the corners and are SPECTACULAR. Spend a couple of buck and enjoy!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill5042

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this property and have had great experiences every time.

The food is on the pricey side but the food options within walking distance are growing.

I don't know if I would ever stay here for a leisure visit to the city because the location is not good for the heart of Boston, but for the world trade center it is perfect.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank RudolphNYC
Houston, TX
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend the Seaport to anyone! My stay in Boston was extended two nights due to the Blizzard. I moved to The Seaport to be near the Boston Globe Travel show (which was cancelled on Friday and Saturday). But the amenities and staff at The Seaport helped make the situation painless. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank PegJohnston
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and for electing to stay with us. It was a weekend unlike any other this winter but I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit despite the weather. We would love to welcome you back in the warmer months!

Vice President & General Manager
west milford, nj
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got this hotel for an overnight stay when we visited Boston with my family. The hotel was way more upscale than what we could have ever imagined. The price was also great and the in and out garage parking was fantastic also. When we go back to Boston again, this will most likely be the place we stay again. The hotel was very close to everything and a majority of it was within walking distance. To say the hotel was clean is not doing it justice! The hotel looks like it was just either refinished or just built even though it was not. The hotel staff was more than accomadating and even opened the doors for us, gave us directions, and told us the best places to go for food, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian K
Thank you for taking the time to write. It is always wonderful to hear that our team members have left a positive impression, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We hope you will visit again when your travels bring you to Boston.

Vice President & General Manager
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel in early January-service was excellent-I like the no tipping policy. Many of my meal were enjoyed at the hotel-both by catering and the restaurant -all were excellent. Nice view of the city, the harbor etc from this hotel. Easy access to go downtown by walking, public transportation or cab. Highly recommended.

John D

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jmmdbmw
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Will never book my room here again: My office reserved a room (2 double beds) for a dental conference which was being held in Boston. As the first to arrive, I was informed that I was not able to get the room which my boss had reserved without the credit card in which the reservation was held. This requirement was also never told to my boss when the reservation was made. After explaining to the host that my boss was not available to bring the card (as he has 2 small children) but he could call and verify the card and all information over the phone, they told me this was not a possibility. After calling my boss and informing him of the situation, he contacted the hotel and had my name added to the reservation and I was told by the staff I would need to leave my credit card information, that of which would not be charged or have a hold put on it. After much hassle and 3 times standing in line to get the issue resolved finally I was given the key to our room. When I entered the room I was surprised to find only 1 king sized bed....not what we asked for.

If this wasn't enough of a hassle the trip only got worse from there. When my colleague arrived to check in she was given the same treatment by the desk and was required again to leave a card on file.....her's which was also held only received a $50 hold charge...she also requested 2 cards for the room for herself and another colleague of ours. It was not until later that evening we became aware that the first 2 cards issued to myself were deactivated when they issued new cards to the second guest...

To top off this entire stay... as I was not needed at the conference for its entirety, I checked out a day early and my colleague remained on 1/30/13. I was angry to see that there was a charge on my debit card for $568, that of which was actually more than the actual cost of the room. This pending transaction was assured to myself and colleague would be resolved on 2/1/13. Being a renter, the 1st of the month is when my rent is due and every bit of money in my account was to be used for rent and bills. When I went to pay my rent on 2/1/13 the charge had not been removed as the Seaport Hotel had stated it would be. It was not until I spoke with the kind manager Malita on 2/2/13 that the issue was resolved. I was also told had I not called, it would have been up to 5 days until it was handled.....good thing I called....However, being that the issue was resolved a day later than I was initially told, I was unable to pay my rent on time and fell subject to a $107 charge via my landlord. I contacted management at the Seaport on 2/4/14 and was told by the manager she did not feel "comfortable" reimbursing me even though I could provide documentation from my landlord of the late charge due to the Seaports mistake....

After all was said and done, I was given inaccurate information, the wrong room, deactivated cards, was over charged, told my issue was resolved when it wasn't and still had to pay an extra $107 out of my pocket because of the issue the hotel caused. I have been told that a manager would be in touch but that "most likely it will not be paid."....if this is how the Seaport treats their guests, we will be sure to contact the convention (Yankee Dental) housing board to ensure the Seaport Hotel is removed from their preferred housing list for their yearly convention....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank R T
We are obviously disappointed by this review. I understand that a refund has been provided since this post, and please know that we have reviewed the circumstances of this guest’s experience with our team to discuss how we could have handled the situation differently. We would gladly welcome this guest back and as always, we do appreciate any and all feedback.

Vice President and General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a terrific stay at this hotel recently. The staff and service are just excellent and clearly try to go above and beyond ... Very appealing especially since this is a no-tipping property. Restaurants are just okay but the location is fantastic and just steps from a handful of excellent dining options. Right on the waterfront, provides great harbor views. The spa and fitness facility was sublime.

Love this hotel.

Room Tip: And harbor view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business