“Enjoyed My Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Enjoyed My Stay”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room I stayed in was nice for one person, with a comfy king sized bed. Convenient Kurig coffee machine in the bathroom. For the price, breakfast should have been included. Across the street from the T, but you have to transfer to other lines for most tourist attractions.

The front desk personnel was uppity when I asked about getting a double bed room. This hotel has a dearth of double beds. But they did fax something for me for free and there were computers with internet for free too at the business office.

I did not have a good experience in the hotel restaurant Tamo. The waitress was rude about the coupon they kept on giving out at the front desk. But since the tip is included in the check I guess she did not have to be pleasant. Do not get the Bostonian burger: it is a heart attack on a bun: burger with bacon and boston baked beans and fried egg!

Good thing this hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants: Legal Seafood, Legal Test Kitchen, No Name and Yankee Lobster. My favorite thing about Boston was the relatively cheap lobster.

• Stayed April 2011
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for choosing Seaport and for taking the time to write a review. We are very disappointed to learn about your TAMO experience and if possible, I would like to follow up personally with you about this incident. There is no excuse for unpleasant behavior from someone in TAMO or the front desk. We have 126 rooms with double beds out of 428 rooms and yet there are times we can not meet demand; unfortunately we are sometimes short king beds. We apologize that your experience did not exceed or even meet your expectations. If it is not inconvenient for you, please call me directly, 617.385.5105. Thank you.

Kind regards,
James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Worthington, Minnesota
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed for conference located at a nearby hotel. Location is good and T station right outside the back entrance for easy travel. The 24 hour business center was very handy. Did not have time to utilize spa, restaurant, or room services. Room was small and outdated with a desperate need for new furnishings. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but for the price and rating I expected more. With the exception of check out staff, most were unhelpful and some just rude. I received much better service at a chain hotel just down the road.

• Stayed April 2011
This is a tough read. The rooms, although not overly generous in size, are well appointed and very clean and the style may not be to your liking. I recognize you encountered some challenging people that were not performing as one would expect and for that we apologize. Being rude is never acceptable. I will share this review as a foci on how body language and mannerisms can communicate unintended messages. Thank you for writing.

Kind regards,
James M. Carmody
Vice President and General Manager
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband attended a conference and I went sightseeing. The Seaport Hotel was very nice. It is right on the water and is just a step away from the Silver Line that takes you to the easy to use Boston subway called the "T". I also took a free bus that takes you from the seaport area to downtown Boston. The hotel is very comfortable and spotless. We did not have an ocean view but the room was pleasant and quiet. Restaurants close by are terrific."

Room Tip: You can ask about getting a view of the ocean but I expect they will also cost more.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel was immaculate! Service is impecable! The food absolutely amazing! Loved every minute of our stay however the bed was not very comfortable! Best part tips are included... All tips! Awesome location to the harbor walk and fabulous restaurants!

• Stayed September 2011
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for such wonderful compliments. When some guests hear that cash gratuities are not accepted, they often assume there is no motivation for great service. Thank you for refuting conventional wisdom. We regret that the bed was not to your liking; we do realize that sleep surfaces are very personal. The overwhelming majority of comments on the sleep surface are very positive, especially the 400 thread count sheets and pillow library offerings. We look forward to welcoming you back!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed overnight with 2 small kids. Front desk was great - even gave our daughter a little pink bear, which she carried with her constantly. They couldn't find the toy cars when we checked in, but came up to our room with a selection for our son. Had a few meals in the Aura restaurant - very kids friendly. Brought kid-safe cups. Good kids menu. Hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk with kids to the Silverline, which connects to the Red line T. You can also easily walk to South Station (red line T) in about 20 minutes. The Children's Museum is right down the street.

Room Tip: The water view rooms are great, but much more expensive.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Seaport. The hotel is great, but it's location was just ok. It's a bit of a hike to get over to the main part of downtown Boston. There isn't a lot to see or do within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. The subway is fairly close so that is a cheap way to get over into the more interesting part of the city.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Northeast
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed here to see Stevie Nicks in concert nearby. I was nervous about walking late at night, but was very happy to see Police and lots of them. The streets are clean and with the police around it was safe as well. The hotel was very confusing to get into. We did park our car, and for those that are complaining about parking? Welcome to Boston. There is no parking, so everyone charges for parking. Usually while staying I try to use everything so my review is full. Not the case this time. I knew we would not have the time to use it, and it was just the convenience to walk to the concert. When we got off the elevator from the parking garage, we couldnt find the loby. It is a short walk to the Trade Center, and I think the hotel itself has big reception rooms. Like I said it was very confusing, there was a hotel worker we stopped and asked with our luggage, and he was on his cell phone, must of been off the clock, but could really have cared if we found the lobby or not. Once we finally found the Lobby and front desk, the girl was very nice. I asked her for directions to eat, and she was very good. There are pets allowed, and I asked not to be in one of the rooms because of allergies. The 9th floor is a pet free floor. The room was clean, the bed wasnt that comfy and the furniture a bit worn. For the star rating I was a bit surprised. The bathroom was very nice and their was a bathrobe on the the back door and one in the closet. There was a iron board and iron in the closet. All tips are included in the price, and that is nice but a bit confusing as well. There is valet parking if you can find the front entrance which is a side road. There are several places to eat nearby, and I will review those also in another review. We asked for additional towels and they were brought up promptly. The Lobby is very long and there are a couple places to eat right inside the hotel with a bar. The hotel is handicap friendly if you can find the front of the entrance. The door from the parking garage had handicap access except the buttons and door did not work properly. One thing that annoyed me was I had VIP tickets for the concert with parking included and they would take nothing off of my overnight parking with the ticket that I had. I was told I could place it in the parking garage metor for a discount, but the front desk refused any discount. Beware of that if purchasing tickets with VIP parking. The parking on the tickets is for the Seaport Garage. It is about a 2 1/2 block walk to the Concert.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family