“Great Choice”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were booked here as part of a curise package. Hotel was in reasonable walking distance from pier. But the taxis in Boston are very inexpensive for a city and a lot less expensive than the $26 the tour company wanted.

The one thing that will always stick in my mind is that is was a gratuity-free hotel. We witnessed a bellman being offered a tip and he refused it saying, "It's already been paid."

The rooms were well kept. And the internet was free.

We would definitely go back there the next time we are in Boston.

Room Tip: Book online.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My first experience in the Seaport area was a good one. The Tamo (Restaurant) servers were wonderful especially Kristin and Marion. A little pricey compared to other similar hotels but seemed average for the area. $50 for room service breakfast was hefty for 1 person and a basic order. The tip included thing was refreshing and more places should take note. Wish I had a waterfront view, maybe next time since I'll be there a few more weeks.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I attended a weekend conference. Staff were very, very helpful. Rooms were nice and clean. One complaint: the water pressure in the shower was awful! Being close to the water makes it's location wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My first trip to Boston will not be forgotten. With a city so alive, there are many options - let the professionals at Seaport Boston Hotel help you figure it all out.

We started planning this trip about 5 months ahead of time. I chose Seaport based on other reviews, but didn't decide until I picked up the phone & called their concierge department. I won the lottery with Betty Salemme! I quickly nicknamed her "Boston Betty" & I felt she really became a friend. She planned this trip to Boston for us & it could not have been better. She knew what questions to ask, to discover what type of experience we wanted. She even helped my husband plan a surprise for me, behind my back!

This hotel has everything: spa, gym, built in "nightlight" in the bathroom, electronic "Do Not Disturb" button, clean sleeves on the remote control, restaurant & bar, coffee shop, "pillow menu", easy access to The T, fine dining within walking distance, "party" bars within walking distance - even in heels! Seriously, if you can't find what you need here, you just didn't ask the right question! I happened to love the location. Some reviews here act as if the hotel is poorly located. I appreciated the fact that it wasn't in the overly crowded, tourist-trappy area. Directly across from the hotel is a Dunkin Donuts, a 7-11 & a Fresh City.

Boston is a walking town - be ready to hoof it. If you think you don't want to walk, or if you are going pretty far out of the city center, say, out to Fenway, the city makes getting around very easy! I appreciate a city that takes responsibility for transporting its people. And it is one of the best bargains in Boston. The locals are fun to watch, they have this place figured out! I learned a lot by watching them. Again, if you think you are gonna come here & NOT have to use your feet, you are mistaken. I come from a place where you have to use your car to get to anywhere, so yeah, walking in a city is a bit foreign, but a vacation is about experience. Staying at the Seaport offers you that in so many ways!

We were in town for the celebration of Independence Day. The city was packed, but surprisingly serene. I have been to Chicago, NYC, LA, ATL. I assumed Boston would be similar. It has a whole different vibe & each section of the city has it's own pulse.

I will say that our stay at Seaport was enhanced by the planning Betty did for us. During such a busy time in Boston, we would have been scrambling for reservations & tickets to attractions. When we arrived at the Seaport, the front desk had an envelope waiting for us, with our complete itinerary, tickets, and even contact names at the places we would be visiting . Betty came from her concierge desk to greet us, too. After talking to her for months, it was a joy to finally meet the woman who put this trip together for us. She even went to the trouble to get us an early check-in & a secluded corner room with a nice harbor view on one side & a city view on the other!

We will be back to Boston & some of our friends have expressed interest in visiting. I can't imagine staying or recommending any other hotel than the Seaport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JustJeri
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed there a few nights on business. Meeting room was great and spacious with daylight. Food that was catered was fresh and well prepared. Had dinner there before flying back: good american food - very authentic. The room was nice and quiet. Good amenities and state of the art facilities in the entire hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Spent many weekends in Boston but decided to try a different locale and was very surprised how much there is to offer in the Seaport district. The hotel had great amenities (an especially well equipped gym) and an excellent staff. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. We were even able to see the fireworks from the bridge next door at the staff's suggestion. Silver line of T makes the hotel accessible to everything, including the airport. If you're interested I suggest the Harpoon Brewery tour which is right down the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is a reasonably priced hotel in a great area of Boston. Easy access to great restaurants and bars, public transportation, and the water front. We ate at the hotel bar which had very nice views of the water, great service, and good food.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family