There were four of us in one room for almost a week during Thanksgiving. We booked an "oversized double" which was a great size for us. The only downside was a lack of storage for 4 people in the room. Though the room was large, the closet was really small for 4 (they did bring us plenty of hangers) and there were only 4 small drawers plus 2 bedside drawers.
There were 2 chairs in the room and a small table. One more chair would be nice (we probably could have asked for one as the staff was super accommodating to all of our needs).
The room was clean, though signs of some water damage were near the windows, and one of the sink handles leaked when it was on. The hand towel rack popped off during our visit, but the engineer came right up and fixed it.
So again, I would actually stay here again because of the location and service and large rooms -- oh and great amenities (big fridge in room and safe). Having a decent restaurant in the hotel was nice too, plus they have a gym and and wi-fi free in the lobby (you have to pay in your room unless you just ask for the code and you're a Hilton Honors member).
It's a solid hotel overall and I'd recommend it! Just don't expect perfection in the physicality of these older rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 as Boston, Massachusetts' first Art Deco skyscraper, the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall hotel is the ideal blend of historic charm and modern flair. The hotel is centrally located downtown just two blocks from the Harbor and near many attractions, dining and shopping options. The Hilton is a premier 4-Diamond full-service hotel with 403 deluxe guestrooms & suites. It features Fin Point Oyster Bar & Grille serving subtly sophisticated regional cuisine, and a comfortable bar and lounge. The Hilton also features a brand new, state-of-the-art fitness center and over 10,000 sq. Ft of meeting space. At the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall our team is committed to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Downtown / Financial District Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Hilton Boston Financial District