This Hilton is very conveniently located within walking distance of Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall and the Financial District. The lobby decor is nice. We had a suite that was... odd.
When we first went into the room all the curtains were closed and the AC was off so the room was totally dark as well as dank. Very creepy and not a great first impression. Once we fumbled for the lights and got the AC going it was OK and the mustiness was gone within about an hour. The decor has been updated but it still felt dated.
The sitting area of our "suite" only had two shallow stiff chairs that sat about two feet away from the walls. There was no sofa or love seat despite the vast amounts of empty space. Neither of the chairs were comfortable enough to sit in to dine, watch TV, use for a conference call, etc. That made the front room essentially useless. The bathroom was in between the bedroom and sitting room but because the door was set back where the shower and toilet were it made the vanity area feel like it was in the hallway.
The room itself seemed like it was carved out of an odd corner of the building. I really didn't like it - until the evening when we saw the view of the Custom House. Pretty spectacular. That made all the quirkiness worth it. Not sure it was worth the 65k Hilton points we burned to stay there but at least it was clean. I'd consider it again if the price was right but would skip the suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 as Boston, Massachusetts' first Art Deco skyscraper, the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall hotel is the ideal blend of historic charm and modern flair. The hotel is centrally located downtown just two blocks from the Harbor and near many attractions, dining and shopping options. The Hilton is a premier 4-Diamond full-service hotel with 403 deluxe guestrooms & suites. It features Fin Point Oyster Bar & Grille serving subtly sophisticated regional cuisine, and a comfortable bar and lounge. The Hilton also features a brand new, state-of-the-art fitness center and over 10,000 sq. Ft of meeting space. At the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall our team is committed to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Downtown / Financial District Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Hilton Boston Financial District