The location of this Hilton cannot be beat. It is an easy walk to Faneuil Hall, the North End, all of the financial district and a subway station. Except for the very cold front desk reception, the staff, especially the valets and servers at breakfast were friendly and most helpful.
Location -- close to tourist attractions, the North End and financial district.
Large rooms, at least our corner room was large.
Very clean rooms, bathrooms and public areas.
If you wander from the main streets, the area quickly becomes sketchy.
Cold, uninformative reception.
The building is showing its age. It is tired and in need of rennovation.
There is a fair amount of room to room noise.
No HiltonHonors perks.
My wife is HiltonHonors, Diamond. When we checked in, the lady said, "And here are your breakfast vouchers." The next morning we went to the buffet breakfast. When finished, we were handed a bill for $30. Seems if you add eggs to your breakfast roll, it costs $10 per person. The second morning, the hostess did tell us that as we entered. "Thanks, but we learned it the hard way yesterday."
We received no room upgrade, although in fairness, they may have been full, but very surprisingly, there is no executive lounge. A large name brand hotel in the middle of a major
financial district and there are no perks for HiltonHonors members other than a bottle of water.
On balance, I would recommend the hotel, but be aware of its substantial shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 as Boston, Massachusetts' first Art Deco skyscraper, the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall hotel is the ideal blend of historic charm and modern flair. The hotel is centrally located downtown just two blocks from the Harbor and near many attractions, dining and shopping options. The Hilton is a premier 4-Diamond full-service hotel with 403 deluxe guestrooms & suites. It features Fin Point Oyster Bar & Grille serving subtly sophisticated regional cuisine, and a comfortable bar and lounge. The Hilton also features a brand new, state-of-the-art fitness center and over 10,000 sq. Ft of meeting space. At the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall our team is committed to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Downtown / Financial District Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Hilton Boston Financial District