“Great hotel!”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our stay was very good. We ere here for my son's wedding. The staff was amazingly helpful, professional and friendly. The cooling system didn't keep the room as cool as we would have liked. The hotel is centrally located and close to many attractions. many are within walking distance of about 1 mile or less.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine P

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Everything was great. Could not have asked for more. Great location, great service, and room were very clean and updated. Highly recommend to anyone who is coming to Boston. The only drawback is that you have to pay for wifi in room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A beautiful hotel just minutes from Boston harbour and old town trolley tours. This hotel is first class without being "stuffy" The staff are warm and welcoming and eager to please. You can also walk to many different restaurants and coffee shops loads to do around the doors and just a few min walk to Boston harbour and Quincy market.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The furniture doesn't fit in the room and wifi isn't complimentary. There is a charge for breakfast as that isn't included and the bathroom is dated and the chair inside the shower has mould on it. When I approached the front desk with my complaint saying that I had spent $240 on the room and was disappointed that there was no breakfast the reply I got was "that's cheap!!!!" You could pay $400 as its down town. Believe you me I will never pay to stay in this hotel ever again. I can't wait till the morning to leave to be honest with you. Shocked and tired after such a long journey and I was so looking forward to stay here..... :(

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cheeky_leon
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the amenities and appointment of your guestroom. As an older building, the hotel does have a few rooms that are sized and shaped differently from most. Your comments on the furniture layout are helpful as we plan future improvements. Thank you for pointing out the lack of attention to the bath tub bench. Our team was immediately able correct this in all rooms with this feature. We are most disheartened by your comments on the service from our front desk. We can assure you that this has been addressed and is not representative of our team's hospitality. We hope you will give us a second chance to show you the level of hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Brian Martens
Hotel Manager
bmartens@hiltonbostondowntown.com

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights with my spouse and 2 young kids. The staff was terrific (letting my daughter ride on the luggage cart, etc). The room (2 double beds) was spacious enough. But, and I seem to be making this complaint over and over again, the bathroom left a lot to be desired. My biggest gripe is the lack of towel hooks (especially when they ask that you conserve and re-use towels). I felt like I was living in a college dorm with towels draped over the shower curtain and bathroom door.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank azgal_33

Thanks for staying with us and commenting on your stay. We sincerely appreciate the compliment on our team. Thank you for the great insight on improvements we could make in our bathrooms. This information is very valuable as we plan future improvements. We hope to see you on your next trip to Boston.
Brian Martens
Hotel Manager
bmartens@hiltonbostondowntown.com

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been to Boston several times and I love the Hilton chain. So when my first choice, the Hilton at Back Bay was sold out, I booked at the Hilton in the business district. I feel as though, unless you are in your hotel before 10pm, this is not the best area to be out late in. Great hotel and it felt very secure because the only way in at night is the front enterance with your room key. How ever, getting to the front enterance at 1am was not a warm and cozy experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Raymond K
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The stay was very nice. Right next to the shorefront and boat charters. Within walking distance of Faunuiel Hall/Quincy Market. No Pool though and no complimentary breakfast even with our room upgrade.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple