“Perfect Hotel In Boston”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

For the past 3 years we have stayed at this hotel to enjoy all the Boston attractions. This year we will be no different! The location is perfect and within walking distance to: Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market & Boston Aquarium. The front desk has always greeted us with a smile and even gave us some free tickets to the Children's Museum that someone had left behind. This made my daughter extremely happy! The rooms have always been clean, tidy and neat. We have always stayed on the weekends so the hotel is quiet and peaceful. I woudl highly recommend this hotel for a family that wants to have a great weekend in Boston!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have enjoyed OUTSTANDING service from Barry who works at the door of the Hilton Boston Downtown/Financial District. Barry has gone out of his way many times and in a variety of ways to make my stay more enjoyable. I will absolutely stay in this hotel from now on when I return to Boston as a direct result of Barry's excellent customer service. I travel weekly for business and Barry is the most professional individual I have come across!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This Hilton is centrally located in the heart of Boston, within walking distance of many Boston attractions. You can even walk to Cambridge if you are ambitious. My room was up-to-date, clean, quiet and comfortable. As Hiltons go, however, other aspects of this location don't meet the standard I've come to expect. For starters, you cannot park your own car. If you drive there, you have to use valet parking at $45/day, and it could take up to 30 min. for the valet to retrieve the car. (I do admit, that the valets were very gracious and friendly.) Also, the breakfast buffet is pretty lame. I've had more variety and selection at Hampton Inns. On top of that, the restaurant doesn't even open for breakfast until 7:00 AM, and there are no options for people who need to leave prior to that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelinVtDad
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Good location, good value for money, a typical down town hotel. Easy walking distance to harbour, shopping centre, Fenuil Hall and Quincy market. 30 min walk to Prudential Centre and Back Bay area. Come on though Hilton, catch up with the rest of the world and please give free WiFi even if only in the lobby!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed Martin Luther King weekend, for a short getaway. The location was great, right near the Boston attractions in a nice quiet location. The staff could not be anymore friendly and inviting. The man who worked the night audit shift was very friendly when we asked for a fan for our room. The room was emtremly clean and comfortable. We had the Junior King Suite, I believe. The room was very large and the amentities were luxurious. I do not believe the others that left reviews below me were at the same hotel I was at. The location was very quiet and the views were great of the old buildings surrounding. It lives up the the Hilton brand standards.

My only negative was the woman at the concierge desk. We asked for the times of the Aquarium on Sunday and she didn't even look it up. She just replied "I dont know, probably 4." Then it was an ackward silence. She did not sound confident on the time. We ended up walking there just to check and it was open until 6pm. That was a disapointment and we didn't want to ask her anything else. The man who worked the next morning at that desk made up for it. He held our luggage and sparked up a friendly conversation with us.

I would stay if there were employee rates available for June 1 and 2nd. Maybe another time because it was such a great experience.
-Elizabeth K.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nothing particularly wrong with this hotel. Good location in the financial district. My room was average size, carpets were aged and views were ugly. Lady in reception was extremely nice and gave me my room before check-in time.
I don't think I would stay there again, there must be newer places - given the rates.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We are loyal Hilton customers and were looking to a nice five day weekend in Boston over President's Day. We were on the 10th floor but it turns out this neighborhood is around alot of bars so we were up everynight on the weekend until 2am and weekdays until midnight listening to loud music especially from the hotel bar. I suggest you ask for a room that doesn't face Broad Street or the side street with the bars. There was a broken fan in the hallway making a lot of noise. The room was spacious but minimal draw space for two people. The concierge desk was tops and every restaurant recommendation was terrific. Easy access to Faneuil Hall. The gym was minimal- I would give it a two star.

Room Tip: Don't be anywhere near the hotel/bar and restaurant even if you are 10 floors up. Ask for a qui...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family