This hotel is very average in all aspects and below average in room quality. It is saved by the restaurant bar and the staff.
The staff were very pleasant and do a great job. From check in to the front door I always felt they were working hard to help me enjoy a trip to Boston.I give the staff a solid 4 star rating. The restaurant in the lobby was great. It was a solid place with great food, great staff, and even better prices for a hotel bar(5.50 for a beer).
The room was nice, standard 3 star with issues that would have turned anything more than a two night stay into a nightmare. See below:
1. Shower in 1 bedroom suite did not drain, simply nothing. I tried and it was obvious it was not a setting on the drain but a clog.
2. Kitchen sink in the room also did not drain whatsoever.
3. Coffee maker made one cup of coffee and then stopped working.
4. Room furnishings were really at or below a 3 star chain.
5: Doors, carpet, walls, all show extreme wear.(Please see pictures of "Wong: The Asian Brad Pitt" which was still stuck to the back of our bedroom door. Apparently a bachelor party was held in the room?
That being said the hotel tries and its solid for a few nights. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone but a single/couple of easy travelers who will be in and out. If i was a competitor hotel id pick off the staff here and really put Hilton in a bind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 as Boston, Massachusetts' first Art Deco skyscraper, the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall hotel is the ideal blend of historic charm and modern flair. The hotel is centrally located downtown just two blocks from the Harbor and near many attractions, dining and shopping options. The Hilton is a premier 4-Diamond full-service hotel with 403 deluxe guestrooms & suites. It features Fin Point Oyster Bar & Grille serving subtly sophisticated regional cuisine, and a comfortable bar and lounge. The Hilton also features a brand new, state-of-the-art fitness center and over 10,000 sq. Ft of meeting space. At the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall our team is committed to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Downtown / Financial District Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Hilton Boston Financial District