“Awesome location...”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited this Hilton property this past Veterans' Day / Remembrance Day long weekend. Even though the actual hotel is a bit dated, the rooms are very comfortable. I was upgraded to a corner room because of my HHonors Gold Status.

The best thing about the hotel is the location. You are within minutes of all the major attractions. Boston is a great city to explore on foot and this Hilton is nearby everything. I will definitely visit and stay here again. There are many pubs around and there can be some noise in the evenings, but it is manageable.

We did encounter one problem, though. On our last day, there was no hot water. It didn't bother us too much (water was luke warm) so it was not a big deal. I can see how that can be a problem for some people.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Greg_TorontoCA
There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Used some of my Hilton points to spend a long three night weekend in Boston: 50,000 points per night gets you 2 double beds and an "accessible" room .. they wanted 104,000 points per night for a king bed .. anyone realize how long it takes to accumualte those points ? But they also wanted 375 / night for the same room .. in november . go figure.. So as a Hhonors long standing Gold member, you always get free internet and breakfast coupons ( i found it strange not to havge a concierge lounge, but Hilton appears to be moving away from them)... Stranger was the bizarre way they handle the coupons .. a very modest cold buffet with mostly breads and bagels and a few peices of fruit is whats included. Instead of a standard upcharge for warm food (of wich the "buffet" has none) you can order off the menu for a variety of cahrges that even the staff cant explain.. the first day my wife and I both had eggs, and after a couple of attempts to have the server explain the charges, we just paid the 19 dollars. The next day, one of us had the same eggs and the charge was 6. Sunday, we both ordered eggs, but after waiting over 45 minutes, we left .. The entire three days we lsitedned to the staff apologize for the wait .. even the first two days it took over a half hour to get warm food.. We heard later that Sunday the average wait was over an hour.. Yes, the hotel was sold out all three days .. but isnt that why you have a manager and extra staff on call ?? Anohter couple next to us couldnt even get milk replenished for their cereal ... Again .. FIRE THE MANAGER

Now the hotel .. very conveniently located.. although on weekends many of the non-pubs are closed because the business people they cater to arent working... however, its an easy walk to many tourist locations, and in this area there's a coffee shop and pub on every corner. We tried to upgrade / change the room, with no success. the concierge was helpful and friendly .. wall street journal, boston globe and financial times were complimentary .. we had a corner accessible room, which was spacious .. comfortable bed etc .. single chair in there was back breaking .. needed a pillow to ease the pain ..

Would i stay there again ?? Only if the restaurant manager was fired ...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank valuemkt
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights before heading to NY IN August and very happy with our choice. Easy to find and close to underground station (less than 5 min walk). Room was very spacious and bed was extremely comfortable and we both slept very well with no outside noise. Only downside to the room was that it loked out onto the inner side of the hotel and we had hardly any natural light.

Location to Fanueil Market and waterfront was great and less than 10min walk to little Italy which was great as the weekend we were there, it was the feast of St. Anthony and it was amazing to see how they celebrate their religious feasts. We didn't eat in the hotel but the menu did look good and pretty reasonable. There were plenty of coffee shops and delis close by to get breakfast etc.

The consierge was very helpful in helping us choose which sightseing company to choose and we were happy with their choice. All the staff were very courteous and accomodating.

In summary, this is a good, safe choice hotel to typical hilton standard and the location is ideal for those who want to explore Boston.

Room Tip: ask for a street facing room if you prefer some natural light in your room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent three nights here. The hotel is well located in the CBD. Close to Quincy Markets and the metro. The front desk were efficient and friendly. We checked in at 6am and our room was ready.....a nice big king sized bed in a spacious room. I would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed for slightly more than a week and the customer service was among the best Hilton (maybe the best)!!! The room was very clean and tidy. The communication was so good in this hotel compared to some I've stayed (not the Hilton brand). We were there two evenings before the hurricane sandy arrives and every single day leading to the actual arrival of the hurricane we would have this sheet of paper that communicate to us as to what to do and what to expect. I love the organisation of the place. The porter downstairs was so helpful, he actually brave the storm just to check the pub next door for me to see if it is open for business. Truly gone out of what I would expect him to do. Very nice gentleman and I was really grateful for him in going extra miles for the guest. :) The room service were good too and the food were delicious with again... huge servings. Overall, the best place to be and I actually convinced my friend in booking this hotel for future business stays. :)

We were very lucky that the hotel were nice enough to accommodate our requirements (ie: quiet and no smoking) and the room was very good proportioned and the bed was really comfortable (a bit on the soft side but comfortable after awhile).

Although I would say two shortcoming was that it does not have a pool for me to relax & exercise in and the subway station was about 5 mins walk but not a problem as Boston is a really 'compact' city that you can literally walk to most parts of town. :) We do find the room a bit colder as the air con was blowing cold airs instead of hot airs but not sure if this is usual in the states.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I made an advance reservation purchase at the "special discounted rate" of $324/night a couple weeks ago... at that time the regular rate was $360. I knew that I would not be changing my plans so I took advantage of the "discounted" rate. A co-worker made reservations last week - at $269/night regular fare. What?!

When I called to get the lower rate - they denied it. I made a non-changeable purchase so they would not honor the reduced rate.

Wow.

I'm sure the hotel will be lovely however this is truly poor customer service/satisfaction. I will NOT ever be staying here again and will consider other hotels over Hilton in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Toll B
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Toll B,

My apologies for the late update to this record but I'm glad that we were able to correspond directly closer to your reservation in 2013. I'm glad we were able to find a way to demonstrate our committment to your satisfaction. We hope we will see you again. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to me if I can be of any assistance on this or any future travels.
Best regards,
Brian Martens
Hotel Manager
bmartens@hiltonbostondowntown.com

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed at this fine hotel for the last 8 years & every year it keeps getting better. It is centrally located, the rooms are clean, the food is very good & the staff is very helpful. If a matter of concern comes up the staff or concierge's will be more than willing to assist you.

Room Tip: Book early if you are traveling during October when all of the conventions are in town.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo