“Best Service”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed for slightly more than a week and the customer service was among the best Hilton (maybe the best)!!! The room was very clean and tidy. The communication was so good in this hotel compared to some I've stayed (not the Hilton brand). We were there two evenings before the hurricane sandy arrives and every single day leading to the actual arrival of the hurricane we would have this sheet of paper that communicate to us as to what to do and what to expect. I love the organisation of the place. The porter downstairs was so helpful, he actually brave the storm just to check the pub next door for me to see if it is open for business. Truly gone out of what I would expect him to do. Very nice gentleman and I was really grateful for him in going extra miles for the guest. :) The room service were good too and the food were delicious with again... huge servings. Overall, the best place to be and I actually convinced my friend in booking this hotel for future business stays. :)

We were very lucky that the hotel were nice enough to accommodate our requirements (ie: quiet and no smoking) and the room was very good proportioned and the bed was really comfortable (a bit on the soft side but comfortable after awhile).

Although I would say two shortcoming was that it does not have a pool for me to relax & exercise in and the subway station was about 5 mins walk but not a problem as Boston is a really 'compact' city that you can literally walk to most parts of town. :) We do find the room a bit colder as the air con was blowing cold airs instead of hot airs but not sure if this is usual in the states.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I made an advance reservation purchase at the "special discounted rate" of $324/night a couple weeks ago... at that time the regular rate was $360. I knew that I would not be changing my plans so I took advantage of the "discounted" rate. A co-worker made reservations last week - at $269/night regular fare. What?!

When I called to get the lower rate - they denied it. I made a non-changeable purchase so they would not honor the reduced rate.

Wow.

I'm sure the hotel will be lovely however this is truly poor customer service/satisfaction. I will NOT ever be staying here again and will consider other hotels over Hilton in the future.

1  Thank Toll B
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Toll B,

My apologies for the late update to this record but I'm glad that we were able to correspond directly closer to your reservation in 2013. I'm glad we were able to find a way to demonstrate our committment to your satisfaction. We hope we will see you again. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to me if I can be of any assistance on this or any future travels.
Best regards,
Hotel Manager
bmartens@hiltonbostondowntown.com

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed at this fine hotel for the last 8 years & every year it keeps getting better. It is centrally located, the rooms are clean, the food is very good & the staff is very helpful. If a matter of concern comes up the staff or concierge's will be more than willing to assist you.

Room Tip: Book early if you are traveling during October when all of the conventions are in town.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DeborahEbner
Reviewed October 28, 2012

With over ten different hotels stayed at during our recent trip, the Hilton downtown Boston was hands down the best customer service we experienced. Simple things like checking out how our day trips had been that they had suggested to us and giving us a bottle of water as we arrived and departed. The location was excellent and they really know the city well. Room nice, Only minus was no safe in the room. But place felt safe and very welcoming. Great staff make a difference.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

good location. 10-15min walk to conv center or World Trade Center.
10 min walk to children's museum if with kids.

Great HH gold benefits. We were given a suite. I overheard a platinum getting a 2 br suite.
Slow elevators for some reason, housekeeping who was knocking to clean the room at 9:45am during my checkout day, I was on a conf call, so my colleagues on the call was making fun of me (who was the lady knocking on your door?) I had 2pm late checkout. I figure why would you want to clean my room the morning of my checkout day?

Room was very cold as it is an old building with central air and heat was not yet on. Best solution was turn off air and wait, or they will bring a space heater. We did not need space heater, but it was 60-65 in the room for sure.

No lounge, breakfast in Nix Mate restaurant. Not really good offering. The little Hilton in Providence provides much better breakfast for example.

Oh, typical Boston, it was expensive... $295+tax +$41 valet only parking with in/out privileges...

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. Really near the heart of Boston’s downtown. We stayed in their king suite over the three day weekend. The king suite was roomy, clean, and well maintained.
The nice points of this place:
1. Great Location: It is in the middle of everything. So you can walk to just about anything and the fantastic service! The hotel was only a short walk from the Boston Aquarium and Faneuil Hall, which has a variety of places to eat and shopping. Easy access to the T stop from government center.
2. Quincy market, Boston harbor, and great restaurants are within walking distance. AND it's very quiet in the night despite of its great location!
3. Several pubs and places to eat around within a block of the hotel which is always nice. This was nice since we got in late, and still had plenty of available places to eat after a flight.
4. The manager went out of his way to help make our stay comfortable.
5. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
6. The rooms were clean.
7. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows.
8. Breakfast at Nix’s Mate was good and the scrambled eggs with potatoes were nice. However, the breakfast did fill up fast and there were frequent lines and longer waits when we chanced too late.
9. They have roll away bed available for children.
The Cons:
1. No swimming pool.
2. No room refrigerator, just a unit that keeps things chilled.
3. The bathroom grout could have been a bit cleaner.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for an upgrade to a King suite or something similar. The rooms are a nice siz...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are delighted to share your positive comments on our team members with them. We are also glad to hear that our comfortable room and our location near Boston Harbor, Faneuil Hall and transportation helped you enjoy Boston. We also value the suggestions you made as we continually strive to improve, and we hope we will see you again soon.
Director of Operations

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I usually stay at the Omni Parker House or the Ames when visiting central Boston. However, being a Hilton Hhonors Gold Member, I thought that I would give this Hilton a try and spent two nights in a King suite.

The good:

1. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
2. The rooms were clean.
3. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows.
4. Location. Like the Parker House and the Ames, the Hilton is centrally located.

The bad:

1. No in room safes. For a Hilton, this is totally unacceptable. When I called down to ask where the in-room safe was, I was told that there weren't any because "there wasn't room for them". No room for them? Please .... my suite was quite large and there were at least half a dozen places where they could have installed an in-room safe.

2. The building is art deco and you get the feeling that they have tried to buy art deco style furniture for the rooms. In my opinion, it hasn't worked too well and the rooms appeared a bit cold.

3. I'm not a lush, but it's convenient to have a minibar in your room. It's certainly something that I would expect in a downtown Hilton. However, there wasn't one. Instead, there was a dirty looking empty fridge in the TV console, which wasn't working and which had a tired sticker on it saying something to the effect that it was more of a "chiller" and would not refrigerate properly.

4. Although Nix's Mate downstairs is a hip and cool looking bar/restaurant with decent food, it didn't seem right that this was the only offering in a downtown Hilton. It would have been nice to have had a slightly quieter (Nix Mate was very loud on the Saturday night), more dressy, place to eat as well.

I'm a fan of the Hilton chains, but this is one Hilton that I will probably not stay at again. For the money, it doesn't come close to comparing with the Omni Parkerhouse or the Ames in downtown Boston

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us in Boston. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were disappointed with the amenities in your guest room. We greatly value your feedback as a frequent traveler and we will take your suggestions for an in-room safe and a quieter dining option into consideration as we continually work to improve our on-property experience. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient and our staff friendly and hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Director of Operations